May '04 Mamas: Welcome to September! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 254 Old 09-06-2007, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Morning, mamas!

KK - lots of good vibes your way, mama.

Jess, I totally understand the desire to have a nice, new, big house. So far I am still ok with the crazy-a$$ falling-down fixer (that's cute-ish and funky and close to Alberta Street) but I can see a day, not so far from now...

Claudia - One?! Wowie. That is hard to believe.

Danile, sorry about the car sitch. My fingers are still crossed for you.

Lisa, so cute. Lily often has 2 mamas or a mama and a papa in her doll play. (Never 2 papas. Hmmm. ) But the other day, we were talking about "true love," because my friend is looking for hers, and Lily insisted that her own true love would be a man. I told her that we never know, love can come in all shapes and sizes, but she kept on saying, "when I meet my true love, he...etc., etc."

Renae, you are SUCH a rockstar! And sorry about the cat poop. My old cat had that occasionally - those long butt-hair cats are a PITA.

I decided on tile! Yay! Now must order it and try not to change my mind before it comes.

Basement is still a pit; DH is working on it all week. Hopefully will start to pour footings for the foundation posts on Saturday.

OK, must go attend to morning stuff.

*mwah* to all.
Sarah
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 254 Old 09-06-2007, 05:52 PM

What is harder to believe, that TC's S is almost one, or that Heath is about to pop out #3?

Sarah, are you taking *good* classes this fall? (I don't envy you on the basement and bathroom stuff, BTW.)

Jess, I loves me some MCM, but if you think tract housing is pricey, obtaining and/or restoring MCM makes it look *quite* affordable. I've never really wanted a brand-new house. Broken-in seems like a good idea (emphasis on broken? ).

Julio, dude, try to be a little tidier and not drive Renae nutty, 'kay?

I loved the mommy/daddy talk, Lisa. Little kids can be such sticklers for RULES. If they get the perception that All Families Are *This* Way, they try to fit everything into that box. Have you tried pointing out other exceptions to the "rule", so she gets that it isn't really a rule?

Z was all psyched about 2nd day of preschool, except when we were on the way over, he suddenly changed his mind. ("Mommy, I already have friends. I don't want to go to preschool.") But he had a blast, though there were a few more tears today. (Oh, and High Maintenance Mama had a *fresh* pedi. Maybe her issue with the gradual start was that it was messing with her grooming schedule. : )

Danile, I think the Sears books are especially good for first-time parents. The Sears are well-known, and they *do* have a way of explaining things that doesn't make AP look too crazy.

Okay, I have to go fix the flat on my bike trailer.
#63 of 254 Old 09-06-2007, 06:53 PM

that one i linked to is already restored....which is really the only option for us (ie. moving would be to get away from a remodeling lifestyle). doug builds buildings and plays with power tools all week and i think he can't cope with doing it on the weekend too. he needs to sit on his duff and give his wrists a break. i agree that resto on a MCM can be a doozy. i know a new roof for a rummer (fake eichler) is ~30K. i don't know what the roof sitch is on that one but it has all new bathrooms and kitchen. hopefully new windows. i emailed the link to my dad to see if he would offer to pitch in 60K he didn't

i'm trying to figure out why i'm so motivated to move all of a sudden. this house seemed *wonderful* when we moved in. it was such an upgrade from our first house and it has charm. but we paid a lot for it and it still needs about 50K in work done which i don't think we are up for doing. i think the tract homes are actually surprisingly affordable. we could theoretically gain 1000 sq ft for about the same payment and not have a single project to do except landscaping.

but yeah losing the hip funky neighborhood (which is not all that funky anymore but has been on the up and up since we moved here 9 years ago). its a better investment for sure for us to stay put. doug claims he is bored of all the restaurants around here and he'd be fine with moving away. i know we would miss the variety. we've lived in this vicinty the entire 9 years we've been here except for a brief stint in lake oswego.

the tract home is in an area where they're looking at a new freeway (sunrise corridor). my boss is doing the noise analysis right now so i went by the office this morning to look at the maps for the new alignment. the construction period would be TERRIBLE. traffic nightmare.

ut-oh baby's waking up!
#64 of 254 Old 09-06-2007, 07:41 PM

Just checkin in with my may mamas...

TJ leaves for two weeks this Sunday. He's flying to Clearwater, FL for company training. : It's pretty harsh and strict... so new reason to cross your fingers for me: that he passes the tests and doesn't get fired. It's only because it's his new hire exams... but they are extremely important. And this is the first job he's had in a long time that is REALLY starting to catch us up. But he's only been there 2 months.

The auto financing lady is still waiting for a call back today from the banks. I'm guessing that we aren't on the top of the banks priorities... so sometime next week. : With the money for this and money for expenditures on TJ's trip (even though they are reimbursible)... It makes me sick to think about money right now. Bleh.

And we're almost rid of his brother and his brother's girlfriend + son. They've been staying with us so long that his behavior has REALLY started to rub off on Dominic and it's made me so ANGRY. Gentle Discipline and AP were so easy to me before they were here. I've been hiding out at my mom's when the kids not in school or asleep because I really can't handle being around him anymore. I know that sounds so horrible, but I hate playing referee and the things that he does to Dominic. They are scheduled to leave by Sunday... hopefully then life will resume back to normal.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#65 of 254 Old 09-06-2007, 11:51 PM

#66 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 10:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
Ohmygosh!!! I am in Cranston (right next to Warwick)!!
You know, though, the thread put me off in a big way. Wait...are we supposed to talk about other threads here? I dunno if I am. Okay, never mind, taking it to the YG when I get a chance! :

So anyway, I think we may be heading, just sort of meandering, with lots of stops along the way, over to the potty learning path! Lately Rowan has been asking me to change his diaper a LOT, like, as soon as he pees. And for the past couple of days he's been saying stuff like "I'm big! I'm a big boy!" and I respond with "you are! So you think you might be ready to try sitting on the potty?" Or something to that effect. And he thinks about it, and says "Yeah!" and then like two seconds later "Well, maybe not today..." Whatever, it's a start! Haha.

Julio went to the groomer yesterday, and they found out the poor kitty had fleas! Like, a ton. So I don't think this was why he was pooping everywhere, but I did feel bad for the poor kitty. They got rid of them and treated him with some stuff that cost like $10 a treatment, and they assured me that if I didn't know he had the fleas, my house is unlikely to be infested. Whew! I am still keeping an eye out though. Julio seems much happier, silly bandana and all.

I have to cut this short, we're leaving to hang out with my friend's DS soon, and then DH is meeting me there so I can leave for NYC. Whoah, mamas. : "Midlife crisis" or not, I think I need to relax after this week I've had! I might be a rockstar, but we need some downtime too!
Especially when you're a rockstar and a MAMA!
Speaking of, after NYC I am coming straight home, so late it's early, and then Saturday we're going apple-picking with some friends and their kids. Whoah. Haha.
And I do my OWN pedicures, thankyouverymuch! :

Have a great weekend, mamas.
#67 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 12:58 PM

Hi there! Mind if I join in? : My middle DC is a May '04 baby! And yet for some reason I never found you guys before! :

I have to ask though, anyone else with a child who is not interested in potty training AT ALL? I know they're only 3 1/4 now, but I was spoiled by my first DD, who trained really fast and really early. I had (stupid mama! ) assumed that being just under 22 months younger than her sister, Maddy would want to be just like her and wear big girl panties etc.....but no way. She *hates* the potty, won't go near it. Did for a short time pee on the potty occasionally, but now back to hating it again. I've tried all the usual "techniques" to encourage her (charts, rewards, naked time, setting timer for her to try, etc.), but nothing works. I even tried going cold-turkey and putting her panties to see what would happen - well, what happened was she peed all over, everywhere, whenever she felt like it - including the middle of the room as I was leading an LLL meeting, and then the middle of the restaurant we all went to for lunch after the meeting. Fun times!

So I've resigned myself to waiting a bit, but still wondering if anyone else is in this situation?

Also, anybody here still nursing her May '04 babe? I'm tandem-nursing Maddy and my 14 m.o. DS, and I have a feeling he'll give it up before she does!

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#68 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 01:00 PM

Oops, sorry, now I see there were some recent posts on this topic already! I haven't had nearly enough coffee yet this morning to think of reading back before I post

Kerriintactlact.gif blessed single mama to Teresa 8/2/02blahblah.gif, Madeleine 5/28/04dust.gif, Andrew 6/25/06jammin.gif, and Isabelle ribboncesarean.gif11/27/08energy.gif

#69 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 01:40 PM - Thread Starter

Welcome, BundleFishMama-re: potty learning, we're putting our ds in "big boy" underwear each day except for naps and bedtime. He rarely tells us he has to go on his own, so I try to make sure he goes fairly regularly. Occasionally, he'll tell me before he has to poop and that's good. He usually tells me after he pees, though. It's not the best situation, but we just had a baby about 6 weeks ago, and I didn't have the energy to wrangle the big 36-pound-boy on the floor to change dipes anymore. Plus, he's really too big for the biggest dipes I have and I'm too cheap to buy the next size up! So, even though we do go through a couple pairs of undies a day (and a couple pairs of shorts) it still seems easier than having two in diapers.

And, to everyone else: Hi there!

I was going to write a nice little update here, but I hear the babe making sounds in bed.

Better go...
#70 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 01:43 PM

i never answered the PL question. isaac only switched to underwear in may. he dabbled in using the potty for almost a year i think before he really went with it. i felt like it was his decision all along. ie. he had pretty good control or could have if he wanted to but he wasn't really interested and so didn't. at that point he was hit or miss if i put him in underwear. we told him all along that when he turned 3 he would wear underwear all the time. i don't know if that played into him making the switch right before his birthday or if the timing was just coincidence :

i still had him in a nighttime diaper and he was wet every morning. i was in the hospital for 2 nights with ebin's birth (2 weeks after isaac made the switch to full time underwear). my MIL stayed with isaac and just put him in underwear at night and he has never had a single accident in his bed. go figure! i would have kept him in a nighttime diaper until he was dry at night. and i don't think that would have ever happened!

but i know they're all different. my friend's 5yo boy will still have a nighttime accident every night if she doesn't wake him up to go in the middle of the night (or put a pull up on him).

isaac had big problems with pooping once he made the switch to underwear. he didn't "like" to poop on the potty so he was just holding it in for DAYS. he PL'd so close to his brother being born that i think part of his poop problem was a baby brother reaction. but he was on miralax all summer. i only stopped giving it to him 2 weeks ago and he seems to be going on the same schedule. still not often enough.....but at least he is going!

there's my poop update for the mornin'

renae - i was just thinking last night that the week i spent in NYC was one of the best weeks of my life. it was SO fun. and i am so glad i made it to NYC 2 times before i had kids. i wish doug and i had been able to do more vacationing before we had kids. the prospect seems daunting now!

danile - i am soooooooo glad for your sake that your BIL is going to be moving out : woot!

thinking of the newest babes i looooooooove sleepy sweet newborns. ebin doesn't seem so newbornish now. he's actually reaching out for toys!

i should take a shower because we have a playdate today with a certain 3yo and very almost 1yo
#71 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 02:53 PM

jess: i was gonna call you and make sure we are still on, but i see from your post that we are. :cool:

so i was feeding stefan breakfast (blackberries that we picked yesterday, coconut milk from the fridge on a spoon, and first try at raspberries, after he ate a pile of O's cereal himself while i was getting marek's and my breakfast ready), and part way through, stefan decides that he ONLY wants the blackberries so every time i offered a spoon of coconut milk, he waved his arm like the "all done" sign and pushed away my arm with the spoon. then i would offer a blackberry in my fingers and he would open up his mouth really wide and squish it up in his mouth and eat it. very funny. he knows what he wants, i guess... and he liked the raspberries. just leave some for me, babe!

ok, gotta shower before jess and fam get here...

~claudia
#72 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 04:13 PM

Welcome, Kerri! We're not all too far from you guys in MontCo halfway between Allentown and the city. I'm afraid I'll be likely in the same sitch this time next year as my May babe took the potty quickly and mostly on her own at 27mos and I think her sister not be so easy! So no help here!

jstar--glad things are um, going, well!

jacquie--C's learning involved some peeing on the floor as well. TG for bacout! How is sweet Annie??

claudia---too cute on your opinionated berry lover!

renae--have fun in nyc!!!!!!

danile---how nerve wracking!! Hope the testing goes well and the loan people get moving! We are stilllllll waiting on our refi stuff to go through and we started that ball rolling in May! Glad the house will be calmer and quieter soon!

First day of preschool was fun for C! E reallllly enjoyed the time alone. I feel like I'm getting a bit of a breather 3x a week before things really get exciting in October!

Our dishwasher got installed today! hooray! (and no more handwashing!! woot!)

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#73 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 04:20 PM

Jess, those two PL examples (Isaac and your friend's ds) are my two boys.

Kerri, I just wouldn't push it. It will come, and you don't want to turn it into a battle.

Renae, it's my understanding that fleas are just part of life with pets when you live on the coasts (we had to deal with them with our dog when we lived in Berkeley)--they're really hard to prevent, and the treatment *does* get rid of them. It's a total PITA to have one more thing to take care of... Poor Julio... (what a kitty hipster in a bandana! )

Danile, glad you will be rid of the out-laws soon!

Saw Z's old OT this morning for a re-eval on L. She is going to put some suggestions together for dealing with L's physical "busyness" for me (haven't talked much about this, but L is a climber/mover/wiggler extraordinaire, and *highly* distractable when eating, which we both think is part of the problem). She also is referring L for a speech eval (I suspected she was probably behind, and I think this is a good step... I think she has someone in mind who has an overlap with feeding issues, since as y'all probably know, speech and feeding overlap). I also mentioned what that NP said, and while she laughed and said that there is *no* concern there for L, that yes, I need to report that convo to the ped. (I've calmed down about it, and I'll tell him at her 18 mo. WCC.) So I feel calmer. Of course, L ate reasonably well while the OT was here (and ate almost nothing all of last week), but still not "normal", and I have good rapport with this woman, so a lot of info exchange happened.
#74 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 04:24 PM

KK--glad she was able to do an eval! The sensory/motor/wiggly piece is interesting. C's speech was lagging (in hindsight comparison to E) so that could also be a piece of the puzzle.

#75 of 254 Old 09-07-2007, 10:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
Welcome, Kerri! We're not all too far from you guys in MontCo halfway between Allentown and the city. I'm afraid I'll be likely in the same sitch this time next year as my May babe took the potty quickly and mostly on her own at 27mos and I think her sister not be so easy! So no help here!
Wow, cool! Nice to see another SE PA mama around here

#76 of 254 Old 09-08-2007, 02:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BundleFishMama View Post
H

Also, anybody here still nursing her May '04 babe? I'm tandem-nursing Maddy and my 14 m.o. DS, and I have a feeling he'll give it up before she does!
: Welcome BFM! I am still nursing Sol despite my desires not to be, and I too have a 14 mo old! We only nurse in the morning upon wakeys and at night for sleepies. I cannot abide much more. My lil'est was born July 5, just a few days after your littlest.
#77 of 254 Old 09-08-2007, 11:24 AM

Hi mamas! Just been reading but not posting lately. I sent my first baby off to Kindergarten this week. Talk about bittersweet! She absolutely loves it, so I'm relieved about that. I cried like a baby when she got on the bus for the first day. She's loving it already and can't wait to go back on Monday.

KK, I've been thinking of you. I'm so sorry you're going through this. It's such a shock and a sad situation all around.

Welcome to BFM!

Hope you all have a great weekend!
#78 of 254 Old 09-08-2007, 12:04 PM

Sherri.... THE BUS!?!?!?!?! OMG, I would have cried, too. What a big girl!

I only have a second to post because we are having a huge garage sale today and I need to get on the move. Where's my coffee.....? :yawning:
#79 of 254 Old 09-08-2007, 12:35 PM

Sherri--Can't believe Sarah is K age already!! waaaah!! I still remember her as the petite little 3 year old the first time we met. Glad she loves it! Do you think K will miss her at all??

#80 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 01:00 AM

Can I do this here?
Monsieur Chat is totally a labor of love by DH and myself! We developed the idea many many months ago, it started out as a possible idea for a children's book, and we realized that our storylines (and Joe
s dubious but super-cute artwork!) lends itself much better to comics!
We rule! I am so excited about this. I figured I'd share. If this is the wrong place I will take it to the YG. But I thought us mamas could use some levity, in any case!

In other news, We went apple-picking today (despite my having only gotten maybe 4 hours of sleep, collectively, since NYC! What an AMAZING concert and what an amazing time. I want to bring Rowan to NYC...my boy definitely loves the cities! ) and now I am relazing with a glass (or two of wine!

Hope you all are enjoying your weekend.

And welcome, BundleFishMama!
#81 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 03:07 AM

Oh mamas... gueeesss whattt???!!!!:

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#82 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 10:08 AM

You're pregnant? (just kidding, of course you are)

You got the car?
#83 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 12:27 PM

Renae, I LOVE it! It's so cute! very funny. Based on the real adventures of Julio?

Danile, there you go tantalizing us again, for a fun infusion of NRG into the thread. I bet you are a fun mama to have.

Last day in Mexico. I am totally recovering, yesterday was INSANE. Can I tell you about it? It was great, but wow.
8 am--wakeys, poopy diapers, play, listen to cri-cri, get children dressed and self.
9 am--off to Office Supply store for blank discs for peddling music at workshop later. Also, no food in house.
10 am--At the market at a food stand, with both girls, eating yummy Mexican food. Amazed at success without chaos.
11am--Back home, frenetically making discs and welcome binder for big house (Tierra Adentro). Amara starting to need nap so put her in the car for playtime (other people have playpens, I have a car). Got me a good half hour out of that.
12am--Drop off girls at babysitter (prepared their bag and my workshop and performance bags the previous night, after staying up finishing my new kickash belt, go me).
12.30--Show Tierra Adentro to very important event organizer I had been trying to get for months.
1.15pm--Late for takeoff to Queretaro for workshop. Flying in car.
~2 pm REALLY wishing someone else was driving so I could apply makeup and fancy hair doodads. Need to do this so that post-workshop I can fly back to San Miguel for show without having to get ready.
2.30pm--Feverish arrival with organizer, who decides to take me to the new Starbucks (a novelty) for a coffee pre-show. Novelty proves huge to Queretaro people and there is a line a million miles long, and now it's almost crunch-time. Amazingly, right in front of me in line is a girl who is taking my workshop and took it the last time too, so we recognized one another, and I ask her if she wouldn't mind bringing it to me. She does. Coffee is like, way too important to me. Scary.
3.45pm Lugging computer into workshop space to continue burning discs
4-7pm Fun, fun, successful, wonderful workshop spreadin' the Tribal Luuuurve.
7.05pm--Need to go. Now.
7.20pm--gah! Must go, people asking questions, organizer not organized to pay me.
7.45pm--Very late departure to San Miguel. Flying in car.
9pm--Arrival at fun party. No time to kiss cheeks, just dance, mutha. So I do. Have you seen "eat" in this lineup, since 10 am? No, you have not.
I have a blast because I've got my best attitude on about the whole thing. I mean, complain about a hectic lifestyle of dancing? Not me!
9.30pm--Eat. Aaaaaah. Amazing, excellent Middle Eastern fare that makes me salivate rethinking about it.
10pm--More dance.
10.30pm--More dance.
11pm--bit more dance.
12am--Time to go. But, must get portrait done because we invited a photog especially to this gig for professional photos. Feel strange about (enough makeup? ugh. Is my face strange? Is my belly bloated? the other girls are so thin and beautiful) modeling.
1 am--Pick up girls at wonderful wife's house. Transfer is only kind of difficult.
2 am--cannot sleep, on computer responding to rental inquiries. gah.
2.10 am--Take hot shower. Yaaaay. I was kind of sweaty nasty.
2.30 am--Join my cute chunkabundles in bed.

They slept in until 8.30 so that works for me. Now, pack pack pack, plan plan plan, and wish me luck on tomorrow morning's 5 am takeoff.
#84 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 02:13 PM

Danile – The car? I love how you keep us guessing. Good luck and test taking vibes to your husband, by the way. I hope the very best possible thing happens and the trip is a success.

Renae – The comic is so cute. I admit that I thought of Julio as a particularly masculine cat (kind of a buff looking alley cat) so this whole beret/bandana thing has me totally taking his side. Bite ‘em, Julio if the beret is even remotely raspberry in color.

Hi, BFM. Welcome to our little corner of MDC. We are the most lovable of MDC people.

Heather – I canNOT believe that you are nearly a mom of three!!!

KK- I am so glad the OT laughed at the NP’s comment. I know we all thought she was cracked, but always nice to get feedback from a respectable professional.

Sherri – I was thinking about you the other day and wondering how you are doing. How amazing that you have a kindergartener! It makes me think about how much time we have spent together over the years. Oops, getting all MMF nostalgic. BTW, we have a porch at our new house to decorate and I wonder if you have tips? It was you with the decked deck, wasn’t it? I want the most harvesty house on the block. I am picturing homemade scarecrows on the porch swing, hay bales, leaf garlands, pumpkins galore, etc. Ideas, comments, BTDT??? I have a very limited budget and a very un-Autumn climate (i.e. I am considering asking my Vermont friends to send me a package of fall leaves because they don’t fall here so much as drop in a brown heap in December. My dad sent me leaves when I was in college after I told him I missed the leaves changing. Fall leaves are very important to me).

Elsanne – wow! What a day. As someone who has difficultly with transitions (of all kinds - from life phase to life phase, from day to day, place to place – I like change but find the in between stage painful), I can’t believe that you have the ability to wear that many different hats in a day so successfully and in such quick succession. How did the house tour for the event manager go? It is such a beautiful house that I can only imagine the possibilities for someone like that.

We have procured a lion costume for E for Halloween. She has been saying for MONTHS that she wants to be a lion. We had planned on making a costume for her but someone posted in our local used children’s items list that they had a 4T/5T lion suit for sale for $5. We picked it up last night and I have never, ever seen someone as over the moon and cute as can be as E in it. I will try to update YG pix, but I am notoriously bad at that. What will your children be this year? I think that Annie will be wearing E’s ladybug costume from her first Halloween.

Annie is very small. Like 7 months and less than 14 pounds or >5th percentile on the breastfed babies chart. Her curve is fairly consistent, although perhaps downward trending a bit. She loves eating solids, but Alison is having trouble with pumping. We are a little worried about her supply and quite frankly I think Alison has a low-level infection of sorts. It is so frustrating to feel like things are a little bit off, but not horribly so, thus there is nothing to “do”. I am waiting and watching anxiously hoping Annie gains weight and Alison’s supply boosts again soon.
#85 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 04:15 PM

Elsanne. You are insane.

Lisa - I'm sorry to hear about your worries with A. It must be so hard to be in your position. I really hope things improve soon and your mind is put at ease.

Lily is going to be a lion for Halloween, too! She requested it especially. We found a cute little lion vest with hood+ears and tail attached at a yard sale for $1. Perfect! Now all I have to find is some brownish/yellowish tights or pants and a long-sleeve shirt.

Sherri - Wow, kindergarten! I'm so glad she likes it.

Renae - you and your DH are funneh.

So DH broke the water main last night when he was digging in the basement. Hello, plumbing bill. Not that bad, actually, but now we have a temporary line over the sidewalk into our house so have to get that redone soon - and that bill will be bigger. But the good news is that the digging for the basement is coming along nicely; DH is pouring footings today.

We bought a truck the other day - big ol' work truck, diesel (biodiesel!). We like it.

I need to go to the grocery store but Lily doesn't want to get dressed. I hate to push her on the weekends, when she is having such a good time. She has been playing by herself in the living room for like, oh, 2 hours. Hope I didn't just jinx it.

OK, iced coffee is calling my name.

S.
#86 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 04:26 PM

Els---holy cannoli what a day!! But there was a starbucks coffee in there at least! phew!! hope all goes well w/ the car and the drives and the girlies stateside!

danile---oooh...spill it!!

lisa--sorry for the worry/concern w/ the pumping, weight etc. could it be partly cycle related? when pumping for E there was really a 10-14 day period where supply was affected.

sarah---eek on the main!! I would love to borrow DH for some handy stuff....or ship mine out there to learn a thing or two! cool on the biodiesel truck!

renae---I giggled...I love cat humor!

okay....someone tell fall that it can arrive already. the cankles look is not so stylin' in flip flops in case your wondering!

lazy weekend continues...

#87 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 06:29 PM

Danile, I am DYING!! Way to keep us on the edges of our seats!!
I am SO glad you all are at least slightly amused by our Monsieur! Lisa, how funny that you see Julio as being all buff...he is SUCH a pansy! I say it with SO MUCH LOVE, but man, my cat is a wussy wuss wuss!
He deserves a bandana, and a beret! Heeheehee. Seriously though, he does in fact have a pink rhinestone collar as well, when the bandana eventually gets lost and we don't take him to the groomer more often tha once every 3 or 4 months. : I know, I torture my cat.
But yes! His adventures will be (LOOSELY!) based on the real life of Julio!
We're having SO much fun with it, and we've got at least 100 different ideas for the strip! We're hoping to *maybe* someday even make a little $$ from it, with t-shirts or little books or what have you. But really, it's all about just having fun with it! And DH and I are working on it together, which is always great for us.

In other news, I rule, as there is a FRESH apple pie currently baking in my oven this afternoon! We went apple picking yesterday afternoon so I had 10 pounds of apples, and when I mentioned the POSSIBILITY of making a pie, Rowan was ALL OVER IT! He talked about it last night, then this morning at church, then finally he got to help me prepare the filling for the pie. Good times. When it's done I have to put it out to cool and then go out to the grocery store for vanilla ice cream (no vegan soy stuff this time; reason #3, after all, that Renae is not vegan? Sometimes, Ice Cream is NECESSARY. ) and I have to also run to the art store for a frame for the concert poster I got in NYC Friday.

Elsanne, I am sending you rockin' travel vibes! I know you rule in all ways though.

Well, I am going to go see if a clip I uploaded onto YouTube worked (a teeny bit of the show I recorded!)

Have a great rest of the weekend, mamas!
#88 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 06:39 PM

Renae---I'll take my slice o' pie warm, with a nice non-vegan hunk o' cheddar cheese please!

#89 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&L+1 View Post
Annie is very small. Like 7 months and less than 14 pounds or >5th percentile on the breastfed babies chart. Her curve is fairly consistent, although perhaps downward trending a bit.
First, for my friends before I answer. Dominic was exclusively breastfed and he weighed 17 pounds at 1 year old. He was fourteen pounds for a couple of months. I wouldn't be so concerned about it if that's the percentiles she's generally stayed around since birth. I had ample supply of milk, some babies just don't chunk up like other babies. (Or in our case, like our second baby did. ) So I guess all I'm trying to say is don't get too hyped out about weight if she's wetting diapers and pooing and has lots of energy during her awake times. And *hugs* because as amazing as BF'ing is... it leaves much more room for us to worry about not just the quality/quantity of our parenting- but our milk and source of sustenance for our kids. You guys are doing good, I'm sure.

Els- Holy Moly! You and I could definitely hang together. My life is as crazy at moments, but I wouldn't trade it for the world. It's stuff that I'm passionate about and enjoy. And it sounds like you deserve your moment to revel in your superwoman-liness.

It's so cute about all the lions- Isaac was a lion all year last year during football season at our local High School. My brother plays Varsity there and I grew up here (lots of sports pride in this town) and the team is the "Lynden Lions". So he went as a happy/sometimes angry/sometimes unhappy lion to most of the games. It was very cute. Too bad it's too small for Halloween.

The Julio thing is cracking me up!

And yes.. sorry for the suspense but I was busy getting DH off to the airport to be gone for two weeks. : It was a whole fiasco in itself. The man drives me NUTS sometimes... but I'm REALLY REALLY going to miss him horribly. I don't think we've been apart this long in four years!

Oh.. and WE GOT A CAR! We couldn't get that one.. I'll update the whole story later. But long story short all the drama and one stop at a place in Everett took an hour to get us financed and off the lot. : We got a 2002 Ford Expedition. It's White and Eddie Bauer edition. I'm SO IN LOVE! Dominic fell in love to.. and you know what I like- HE CAN'T REACH TO KICK OUR SEATS! I'll update and maybe post pics later.

ANyhow... gonna go now.

#90 of 254 Old 09-09-2007, 10:25 PM

For some reason, I have been afraid that MCSB would have some kind of a plumbing catastrophe (perhaps because her house reminds me of our cute old house in Berkeley and similar disasters? : ). Ug, I feel for you, but glad the basement project is coming along.

When iced coffee calls you, does it use your full name? A title? A nickname?

Lisa, ug for Alison. Can she get some rest, rest, REST? Fenugreek has always been my supply friend (along with oatmeal, water, and REST).
When you say infection, you don't mean mastitis, do you? So sorry about the concerns (believe me, I understand a little too well). I cannot *believe* your Annie is 7 mos. old, though. :

Els, you really amaze me. Y'know, I think when you look *back* on all this, you will be amazed, too, at your amazingness. It's when you're in the process of doing it and it feels very seat of the pants that can be so unnerving. But really, you're AMAZING.

I am very amused by M. Chat/Julio. If I am allowed, I will forward the link to my BF, whose kitty must be a long lost twin of Julio.

I really should be doing something (laundry? scrubbing toilets?) but here I am...

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page