oh the things my 4 yo comes out with! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-06-2007, 11:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
She just turned 4 last week.
She was given some window clinger alphabet letters from the IL's.
And while playing with them started to rip the jelly like letters apart into tiny pieces. We have other sets of this stuff so she KNOWS she needs to be gentle.

She also was in the room while the Superstar (SNL) movie was on 2 weeks ago. She loved it. (I know, I know)

So I started chewing her out for ripping the letters apart and it was a gift blah blah blah.

And she looks me straight in the eye and says: Sometimes when I get nervous, I smell my fingers like this-and does the action.

I looked at her stunned and burst into hysterical laughter. What else could I do?

Then, lately she has been telling us she doesn't like one of her best friends. No real reason. Then out of the blue she said she wanted to kill her-no idea where she heard that word. We didn't get too worked up b/c she doesn't understand the real meaning of the word, but we did explain how it wasn't acceptable to use that word, wasn't nice etc.
She has been saying it for the last few days and finally DH said ENOUGH-not in this house kind of thing.

So yesterday she played with this little girl-and played well (Thank goodness)
When DH was putting her to bed, he asked how the playdate went and dd said " Well, I didn't kill her"

DH did his best to suppress his laughter.
SIGH. :
#2 of 5 Old 09-06-2007, 11:27 PM

Yup, those 4 yo's can be so silly!

Here's our 4 yo story:

We went to Safeway the other day to grocery shop. I usually write each kid their own list so that they have something constructive to do and stay out of trouble. But apparently, Aaron had trouble on his mind. Not only did he race to run in front of others carts only to stop right in front so that they couldn't get through but he said "Hi!" to almost everyone he saw (he's the extrovert of the family). One elderly lady said "Hi!" back to him and then said, "Aren't you a friendly little guy! What's your name?". He looked at me and I said, "It's okay, you can tell her your name." so he looked her right in the eye and said,
"Toilet-poop-fart!" as clear as a bell.

Ack, I really wished that the floor had opened up right then and there - not only b/c I was so thoroughly embarrassed but b/c I really did kind of feel like laughing Luckily the lady either didn't hear or wisely moved on without giving him attention for that one b/c she just sort of walked away without saying anything. When I went back to where DH was to tell him, he just about died from laughing so hard. The older two laughed pretty good as well.
#3 of 5 Old 09-06-2007, 11:45 PM - Thread Starter

Oh ya,and I forgot the question from today.
While sitting in the OB waiting room, DD was asking about all the babies in the tummies.
Then it happened. She pointed at an ummm, rotund man and asked if HE had a baby in his tummy too.
OMG,where is the hole in the floor when you need it??
#4 of 5 Old 09-07-2007, 04:22 PM

OMG these are funny! I can't stop laughing.
Good to know mine isn't the only one with the remarkable ability to embarass his mother
#5 of 5 Old 09-07-2007, 08:21 PM

Four year olds are so funny!!! My 4 year old DD has me in sitches every day!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page