WARNING!!!!! Beware of glow-sticks!
We just got back from the ER. We were at a school picnic, where all the kids were given those little plastic glow bracelets. My child managed to puncture his and got some of the chemical in his eyes. It must have hurt a lot--the poor kid was screaming in pain and terror. Two of the parents who were MDs had him upended in the janitor's sink flushing his eyes out, and we ran him to the ER after that. He is fine, no harm done, but if you don't want to spend an evening with your child howling in pain in the ER don't give them those things unless they are more gentle with their playthings than he is. According to the label, they cause some eye irritation, but since no ingredients are posted on the label, and because the goddam things are made in China, who knows what the %$@# is really in them!? I've requested an MSDS from the company, but I don't really expect an answer back. But anyway, BEWARE!