~Just waiting for the new October Feather, May 04 Mamas~ - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 317 Old 10-31-2007, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
sarah--wasn't L a lion for her 1yo Halloween?? My girls would love that! Hope you have a fun night! DH will probably take the girlies out around 630 or so.

Els---glad things are picking up at TA....hopefully you'll get some word of mouth biz before too long. When I win the lotto...our mmf! retreat will be there yearly! or twice or thrice yearly I'm thinking!

Lisa---quake?? eek! work schmirk....how is the new schedule w/ weekend work and all going??? I totally want to visit your friends in Vermont--beautiful pics!

HJ continues to be dreamy. He just had his visiting nurse visit and is officially back over his birth weight! I'm so glad I know about oversupply this time around--definitely making it much easier to feed him only 7-10 min at a time and not worry that he's getting enough.

Right now I could be napping, but DH has him downstairs chilling out. He is so alert that daddy is so happy to have some play time w/ him.

okay...someone needs a boob!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 317 Old 10-31-2007, 07:34 PM

I have a baby and now I'm the threadkilla? DH is out w/ the girls now. E looks so darn cute in her snow white outfit w/ her pale skin. Will get pics on the bloggy soon.

In other news, I am so : that it's not funny. Weeks ago I had made arrangements w/ the pp doula to come mornings the second week after the baby was born. She had my due date and said that I only need call her as soon as he was born and we would set up the schedule. She didn't return my call the other day and then after a few emails back and forth today I get this:

I am very sorry but I cannot comitt to helping you next week. I tried to work it out but It is not going to work. I wish you the best and hope you can find someone else. All the best with your new baby.

Restraining myself from replying back "you suck!" or something equally adult. Luckily, I also got an email from my regular doula earlier that she knows someone who just finished a pp doula job and might be available. Good grief.

/end pity party

#303 of 317 Old 10-31-2007, 07:44 PM

OMG, Heather, that is horrible. I would be so angry. She should be ashamed of herself. I hope the other lead pans out.

I honestly don't remember what Lily was her first year. I can vaguely picture some brownish suit...maybe it was a lion. Is that horrible that I can't remember?

Sarah
#304 of 317 Old 10-31-2007, 07:49 PM

What the F***??? :: Heather, that pisses me off beyond reason. If you can't do something that a person is depending on then you need to tell them with plenty of time for them to find an alternative or you offer to find an alternative yourself - i.e. refer them. Did she even offer to find a replacement for you? Grrrr, it's called professionalism, dearie. : I agree, she sucks!!!
#305 of 317 Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 PM

Lisa--nope, no replacement or lead on someone else. So frickin' last minute, yk? She knew my due date. So much w/ opting to go w/ the DONA certified doula. : At least I know that DH's family is going to take the girls every day next week. And my regular doula will be back in town. I may also call the back-up doula who was at the birth tomorrow to see if she knows anyone. I know she also does pp doula stuff, but she has a 6mos old and homeschools. I had my cry over this and am back to being pissy....something will work out, but ugh, yk?

#306 of 317 Old 10-31-2007, 08:06 PM

I don't think it would out of line for you to make a complaint to DONA. That is irresponsible and totally unprofessional - and I know DONA strives to represent upstanding, professional doulas. Claudia, what do you think?
#307 of 317 Old 10-31-2007, 08:10 PM

If it were me... I'd totally send a "you suck" reply. If she doesn't like it, just blame it on your pp hormones. :'m really sorry. It *does* suck.
#308 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 AM

yeah, i would read over the code of ethics that DONA International has, and look up if indeed she is certified with them and file a concern with them about this issue. if she is not actually certified with them, i would also file a concern with them that she is misrepresenting herself and their organization. their website is www.dona.org

also, i know soooooooooo many doulas, pospartum ones especially, that are not certified and are worth so much more and fantastic and professional people. you can also check www.cappa.net for more names of their certified doulas, too. or contact the local doula trainer on the dona website or the cappa website and see if they have anyone they would recommend. often times, people who have just completed official postpartum doula training are just being official and have been doing this type of work before or are moms and grandmas themselves.

grrrrrrrrrr on her, heather. just grrrrrrrrrrr...

and some more s to you, too, mama of THREE!!!

~claudia
#309 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 12:46 AM

Claudia---she is listed in their directory on the website so I'm assuming that means she is. Definitely going to follow up when I get finished being pissy about it. I should hear from my doulas other person tomorrow so hoping that will pan out. If not she has someone else in mind. Sheesh....it took me a while to follow through w/ this in the first place adn then this kind of bs...grrr.

anywho....must turn in.....mister hj had quite a boobalicious evening and is finally settled!

#310 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 11:33 AM

Aw, Heather. That royally sucks. I agree that she should have totally done all she could to keep her word or find someone else. That SUCKS.
Especially when you are just so freshly pp, to put this on you really bites.

We had some halloween fun, totally unexpectedly! Turns out in my gringo-fied neighborhood there is much t or t ing, and miss Sol was having so much fun and I just adore letting her in on the holiday celebrations, how things go, what to say, what will happen, and in wide-eyed wonder she realized that it's true that if she just says these magic words, people will give her CANDY.
#311 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 11:42 AM

my morning quickie....the other doula can come three mornings next week (phew!)

Had a weight check/well visit this morning----HJ was 21.25" (must have measured wrong at the hospital--only 20.5" there) and back up to 9.4 and that noggin now at 14 3/8!! I'm also now officially 3 for 3 w/ reflux kiddos, but acting sooner rather than later this time and already have his GI appt for the end of the month.

Girls are : to the nth degree and DH is getting very flustered.

Elsanne--I bet she had a blast! E was way into the candy thing this year and DH had to restrain her from taking the entire dish at more than a few houses!

#312 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Whew, glad you found something at least. I can't believe the unprofessional behaviour of the other doula. Rotten. I admire your restraint in not firing off a you stink email. Hoping that you get the reflux under control and it's not so much of an issue with HJ.

Els, just picturing Sol in all her glory getting candy from the 'hood!

I just spent a while editing our pix, because it was dark, so had to lighten them up some, so hope to be updating the blog later on.

Take care mamas!
#313 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 12:14 PM

sherri....bloggy? am I on your list? It doesn't show up when I read my subs.

I'm uploading pics now too and then am going to be good and try to join HJ for a nap...

#314 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 PM - Thread Starter

See, I'm confused as to how to add someone to be able to read my blog, as it's protected. I have you and elsanne as friends, and thought that was all it took but apparently not. I thought you *were* able to read my blog, but methinks I'm mistaken. I really need to figure it out. I'm feeling so inept!
#315 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM

on the sidebar there is a link that says "protected posting" and you can enter names (so heathermama and whatever elsanne's is) and then when you post and it is protected, then we can see it. I don't think I added you as a friend yet maybe that's it???

#316 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 12:52 PM - Thread Starter

AHA! I think that's it! Thanks Heather!!!!!
#317 of 317 Old 11-01-2007, 01:13 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page