~Just waiting for the new October Feather, May 04 Mamas~ - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
TC, now I have this mental image of celery stalks quietly peering around the corner to check on Heather.

Els, I hope you're having a wonderful, belly-riffic week.

jstar, ebin IS tall! Is he wearing 12 mo. clothes?

KK, suxors is just a good word all around. Fun to type, fun to say. Like 'Nefertiti', but way more useful.

fern, it makes me to think of you absorbing all that moisture.

'Nother wild and crazy day around here. Heading to the office in half an hour (not dressed, Ethan not dressed, girls' lunches not packed, but hey, cup of coffee down and Maymamas checked in with) and then, joy of joys, I get to take our five year old to the dentist to get the *last* two cavities filled. Ughity ugh ugh. Good that we'll be home later than usual, though, as the city will have the water off until 5pm. Just to make dinner more exciting

Smooches!
#62 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 11:15 AM

Stalk stalk...

"nefertiti"

Nothing suxors right now

mwah
#63 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 12:54 PM

mw appt uneventful--bah! But my doula stopped by a little while ago which was a nice surprise. Fall weather should return tomorrow---can't wait!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#64 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
jess--yay! glad it works...isn't the fabric adorable?
i forgot to say YES! it is the cutest fabric. i have a couple of yards of it just waiting for inspiration. i made ebin a kimono shirt with it and cut out a couple of the little rocket ships and sewed them onto tshirts for the boys. ebin's is now a crop top so it went in the too small pile. the kimono shirt was too small from day 1 unfortunately

ebin is wearing a few 9mo and up to 18-24mo depending on the item. he has short legs and a long torso so pants he wears small(er). i squeezed him into a 9mo sleeper last night and realized when i was needing to contort his legs to get him into it that it was probably too small! and i love that one dangit! i went through my basement boxes yesterday to dig out some bigger stuff.

he had 2 vax yesterday and was a little fussy in the afternoon. i couldn't tell if it was the shots or his cold. his stuffy nose is pi$$ing him off. he was really hard to get down last night....it took 5 attempts. but then he slept til 5:30. yay

this is how i feel about isaac right now ---> : he is SO difficult. doug thinks he needs counseling. i think *i* need counseling. i'm getting depressed about him. he had a screaming fit in the coffee shop yesterday which was just humiliating. and with ebin in the carrier i just can't pick him up and haul him out of there. and with dealing with some postpartum anxiety that just makes me want to stay home anyway...i really don't want everyone staring at me and my insane child. after that drama he kicked ebin in the face yesterday afternoon (!). more drama over dinner. and then this morning he's saying 'i dont' like ___' (our babysitter who just arrived.) nice. i really don't know how to deal with all this. wahhhhhhhhhaaahhhh (suxors!)

well i'm glad someone likes the rain ff the gloom is not helping my badditude. i'm living for friday when it looks like we *might* see the sun.
#65 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 02:15 PM

Jess---- C is into the screaming thing these days too. The defiance is just :. DH and I have agreed on having just one response to it and have been doing that consistently. Hasn't necessarily changed anything behaviorwise, but we're less stressed. Last night I had to put her to bed at 615pm!

#66 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 03:57 PM

yeah we have lots of screaming NOOOOOOOOOOO at the top of his lungs. it is just : it makes me feel better to hear he is not the only one doing that. i am really trying not to be adversarial with him so as not to get him really riled up but he will find things to be defiant about
#67 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 05:22 PM

Allison is totally defiant right now. She doesn't have the same screaming fits that her sister had at this age, but I think that's because she doesn't have time. She pulls a completely different kind of attitude - much more mouthy, which I am sure she picks up from her sister, who, sadly, picks some of it up from me. So in response to the question, "Would you please put your shoes on?" Allison might respond, hands on hips, "NO! And I do NOT like it when you talk to me that way!" My fallback mantra is still "This is not a deliberate assault on my sanity." (it only helps sometimes)
#68 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 05:32 PM

yes, defiance over here, too. and combined with the selective hearing and the selective talking, drives me batty.

don't get me started on it because i am still grumpy over last night's not being able to go to my once a frickin' month evening meeting that i can't take the boys to because mr. 3 year old cling monster and mr. 1 year old too noisy and fussy around bed time and not going to take advantage of my too kind friends and leave 2 fussy kids who have to be awakened from a nap drive on the way to their house and bill has a double header hockey game during the exact same time... can you tell i'm grumpy?

not interested in solutions, just interested in grumping... grrrr...

but i just heard happy news that my good friend had her second baby just about a half hour ago via vbac and they are doing well. yay! new baby!

oh, and i just baked some cookies from a frozen box... mmm...

~claudia
#69 of 317 Old 10-09-2007, 06:28 PM

hey, mamas. Count me in the defiant club here, too. G's favorite phrase to yell at me is "RIGHT NOW!" whenever I tell him no. DH and I are trying the calm approach "we don't talk that way to each other, if you continue you can go to your room" (which isn't a big threat since he likes his room mostly, but it allows him to reset. Most times, though, he continues to scream "RIGHT NOW!" which is lovely. Threw a tantrum at Vitamin Cottage a couple weeks ago, too. I agree with you, jstar, it's so much harder to manage while slinging an infant. Little things throw G into this mood...some days he's totally fine. Others, not so much.

Good news: G's stuttering seems to have stopped. Good thing since the office that takes care of that kind of early intervention never called me back after leaving two voice mails.

Also, I worked yesterday for two hours (I'm starting back gradual since A's bottle use is inconsistent at best). It went well. A slept the whole time! I'll just be doing 2 hours on Monday for a while to ease back in.

Went to LLL this morning and our leaders were sick, so we just sat around and chatted. I met a new mama who lives near us. She has a 7-month old and used our midwife. She'll be coming to our house on Friday for a little "play date."

I'm not feeling too well today. Got a tummy ache right after breakfast and have had a low (99.2) fever since. I tried to take a nap with A while G took his, but once she fell asleep, he woke up. I tried to put a DVD in and go back to sleep with her, but G kept coming to get me and have me "forward" it. I gave up on napping with A since I think I was disturbing her. My tummy feels a little better, but I still have the chills.

elsanne-we have been having those moments re: job hunting. Now that we've been here 1 1/2 years almost, we're hit with the reality of the high cost of living. Once we pay our mortgage and bills, we're really left with nuthin'. We love it here, but wonder how long we can live this way. I mean, we have no savings, it's all based on credit (which we usually pay off each month but even that has been hard). Quality of life is a real issue.

Also, stalking heatherfeather!
#70 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 12:11 AM

L's favorite phrase these days is, "no, I don't WANT to." He says it at least 30 times a day, I am not exagerating. (Jess: s) And though I like the rain, I do NOT like the colds that come along with the rain. Both my guys have them too. W had a fever last night and slept in nothin but a diaper till it broke.

Feeding team appt today- L gained 4 ounces!!! YES!!! So we're weaning a bit more. Down to 16 oz formula for the week. He used to get 20 a night. We're still having to give him extra water down the tube because he won't drink enough, so at this point I'm guessing we'll be done with calories through the tube by the end of the year, but maybe not liquids. Anyone got very high-cal soup recipes that your picky toddlers like? That's what the feeding team is suggesting. (OMG, a food suggestion I actually like!).

Must get to my moldy cooler that I forgot to clean out from our camping trip a MONTH ago. Oops.

Stalking Heather...

ARgh, baby up AGAIN
#71 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 01:03 AM

Fern: Cream-of-whatever soup. With real cream. Mushroom, Broccoli, Carrot, etc... Fry up onion/garlic in butter, lots of butter, mmmm, then somehow cook vegetables (steam them, maybe? Sauteed in same buttery pan? whatever), put them in the blender with a thing of cream and salt and pepper, mmmmmm.! Then, some homemade crusty bread with butter...oooh yes I can see this, especially on a rainy day.
#72 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 01:10 AM

I make a mean potato-cheese soup that also has a couple of carrots in it. Same basic idea...saute onions in butter, add chunked potatoes, a couple of carrots and water to cover, and boil until soft. Then puree with as much milk or cream as you want, heat back up, stir in a cup or so of grated cheddar...mmm, mmm good.

Jacqueline - hope you feel better, mama!

Sooo happy for our friend with the vbac today! Hooray!

S.
#73 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 01:16 AM

Now I'm craving soup! I was going to suggest a creamy potato cheesy soup similar to Sarah's. Yay for more progress on the weaning! I still have to nag C to drink enough through the day half the time.

Nothing stalky to report upon atm. Up due to ^$&#$@# reflux which I shouldn't really complain about because this is the first time this pg I've had that burning near aspiration kind of choking thing happen at night. Darn chocolate. I should know better!

DH was relieved that C wasn't the only "3" having issues of the : variety. Bedtime before 7pm again tonight.

Okay...going to try to get back to sleep.....

#74 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 01:22 AM

ok you guys gave me some chuckles (i love you!)

it is definitely a touch and go mood thing. like all can be well and then boom! go verrrrrrrrry south. he was still on a bit of a tear today but bath and bed were pretty smooth. it's funny - last winter he hated footed sleepers and now he wants one every night. baby-like? it isn't even cold tonight.

but 9:15 and they're both down so maybe i can chill for a bit. (i won't be surprised though if ebin wakes again. he has been doing the wash/rinse/repeat thing the past few nights)

i love bean and ham bone soups. or nitrate free ham hocks or bacon for fat. isaac won't eat very many soups. the only soups i can think of that he has eaten lately were chicken noodle, tomato bisque (because he thought it was ketchup soup), and amy's coconut with sweet potato.
#75 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 01:25 AM

i just read those stories to my dh and i think he's relieved too i hope that acid reflux subsides. that is so uncomfortable

i forgot to say yay on the weight gain for L too!
#76 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 02:09 PM

me again!

my mom tells me i once turned around to tell her 'i am not a dammit!!!' musta been around the same age : and my mom is a puritan type. not a whole lotta cussin'
#77 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 PM

psychadelic!

The new mood minder makes me feel pensive.
#78 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 PM

Would someone explain the mood thing to me? I guess mine would be anxious/pensive/something of that vein...

I think everything is starting to hit me. :

Also, I'm sitting here working on a dissertation to do list and a cover letter and resume (while dh is outside playing in the sunshine with the kids).

Re 3: Z was in rare form today. That's all I'll say. :
#79 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 07:48 PM

Look, I found a mood just for me.
#80 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 07:50 PM

Maybe our moods can rub elbows and melt some of that stress away. Thinking of you!

#81 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 08:14 PM

they should have a mood called very very pregnant

i am psychedelic because i'm going to a tie dye party this weekend. i went to hanna today to buy a white pilot cap to dye. and i'm going to american apparel tomorrow to get white tshirts and onsies. i wish inexpensive plain white items for kids were more common....they're kind of hard to find. i don't really need to spend $14 on items at american apparel when this is my first time doing tie dye and it might not turn out that well. i think i'll get mens undershirts at freddies for myself.

this chesnut tree 2 houses down is 'ripe' and there are people with the longest poles in the world trying to knock down chesnuts right now.

i need to go pump to leave milk for ebin tonight. he is really grooving on the exersaucer now! at first he was kind of leaning but now he's up and playing
#82 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 08:48 PM

Oooh, KK you're pink again! I read your post earlier and thought to self, "She's still blue." Humongous hugs for you, mama.
#83 of 317 Old 10-10-2007, 10:09 PM

my frustrated mood after the whole no-monthly-meeting-for-me situation monday night is finally melted away, so check out my mood now. :

heather: so glad you are relaxed. can't wait to hear news of your new babe. can't believe this is your number three. wow. easy, breezy labor vibes to you when you need them...

~claudia
#84 of 317 Old 10-11-2007, 10:46 AM

Well I can guarantee no baby today. My doula just emailed that she is going to be with a mom in labor today and I don't want a random back-up---so there! My latest guess is the 18th---we'll see!

Quiet day here for a change. I think I'm going to peek in the cupboards and see what there is to bake. Pumpkin muffins w/ mini choco chips perhaps??

#85 of 317 Old 10-11-2007, 12:50 PM

Wait?! when did the mood thing start? I haven't been present because sweets is out of town and his lovely (not so much) mom is here "helping" if helping= doping your child full of sweets, ignoring all the house rules, and not communicating about anything. grrrr.

but I'm here, lurking today at least. mmf!
#86 of 317 Old 10-11-2007, 03:49 PM

Ughhh. This school shooting has really got me in a funk I can't seem to shake.

I guess that's all I have to say. Ugh.
#87 of 317 Old 10-11-2007, 06:35 PM

Juice-This shooting thing is pretty close to you.... We lived near Columbine when that happened, so I kinda know how it feels. Yet, I wasn't a mom yet, so these things hit me much harder now.

Heather, hope you found something fun to bake! So, you think another week? I'm anxiously waiting!

emmalola-Hi! Hope you and baby are good. Sorry about the mil "help." We had inlaws here last week while dh was gone, so I hear ya.

Why can't I change my mood? I tried, but it gives me no options. Do I need to have a pink name or be a senior member or something?!?

My fever went away after a pretty good night's sleep Tuesday. Don't know what was up, but I woke up at 2 a.m. to feed A and my bed clothes were soaked. I felt better from then on. Weird.

A woke up at midnight last night and then was a noisy sleeper/eater, so I didn't sleep so hot. My eyelids are so heavy...

G had lunch bunch today and it went well, I guess. It's weird for me to know that he experiences things of which I know nothing. For example, today on the way home from lunch bunch he said "mom, why do boys hate pie?" G said "I like daddy's birthday pie, but those other boys don't like pie." Then he started saying he "hated" other things, so my guess is they had a discussion today about favorite foods. He couldn't really explain the whole conversation to me. The teacher tells me he does well each time, so that's good. Still, I wonder what he talks about! I know many of you have had this experience at an earlier age, but since G has taken his time becoming "social" I'm just amazed at it.

Okay, gotta get the groceries put away since A is asleep (I think).
#88 of 317 Old 10-11-2007, 06:42 PM

BTW, figured out the mood thing. It wouldn't show up when I used my Safari browser, but worked with Firefox.
#89 of 317 Old 10-11-2007, 08:20 PM

jacq- i think it is weird too. especially during this age where they can't really tell you about things. you just get a little glimpse of it from a question they ask. or isaac will sing a little song and i'll ask him if he learned it at school. sometimes i wish i knew more about what he's talking about (what went on) so i could talk about it with him. and i don't know *any* kid songs beyond twinkle twinkle. i think it is wierder now than when he couldn't tell me *anything* about what he did that day

remember he was all bent on binoculars? well i never made it to buy any and then a couple of weeks later we went to burgerville and he got binoculars in his meal. OMG the joy! so then he takes them to school and mentions a kid T who he frequently tells me is mean to him. i finally get it - 'oh did T bring binoculars to school?' yep. there seems to be a love/hate thing going on with T. then he comes home and asks me 'mom what are these called?' and i say binoculars. he says 'not goo-goo goggles??' so now he keeps saying 'these are not goo-goo goggles!!'

the class is doing a field trip to the apple festival tomorrow. it isn't a school day for isaac but i think we will all join the field trip. sounds like fall fun!

EL - some 'help' there eh? how's the peanut? clingy lentil? isaac seems to have progressed from the clingy stage to pure rage about this whole baby brother thing. violence is escalating. (he even kicked the babysitter's dog last night so she put him in bed early.) she offered to read him a story and he said 'no i'll wait for my mom' he was "waiting" with his eyes closed when i got home

heather - are you worried this is going to be a 1 hr labor? how long was your labor with E? i'll put my bets on.....the 12th. i had a backup doula. it was kind of wierd but fine. she was there for all of 30 minutes of labor while i was pushing. but then she hung out with me for a while afterwards while doug went back home to get isaac and grandma.

ebin is taking his 4th nap of the day. growth spurt? i managed to sew a whole scallop-edged baby blanket from bend the rules sewing and do a gazillion loads of laundry.

i *think* we are going on our first voyage to the new ikea for dinner and basement shelves tonight : oh boy oh boy oh boy
#90 of 317 Old 10-11-2007, 09:30 PM

j---I just ordered that book! Not sure how much time I'll have to sew when it arrives, but maybe sometime this winter! no hope of a 1 hr labor given my 36+/24+ previous ones! Maybe this one will be 12+

This baby also needs to wait because I have an appt w/ the chiro tomorrow morning!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page