~Just waiting for the new October Feather, May 04 Mamas~ - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-26-2007, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak

we're at a hotel in colby, kansas, on way to dh's aunt's funeral in wichita...

traveling with 3-month old and tantruming 3-year-old? not so fun...

GO HEATHER GO!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-26-2007, 02:31 PM - Thread Starter

As Heather would say, you might want to check OY for some news!

from your friendly Heather blog stalker sherri
Old 10-26-2007, 02:50 PM

Yipeeeeeeeee!!!! Congrats Heather!

My email is down right now, and I looked online OY, but didn't seem to see all the messages (???) but I can't wait to hear all about it and see pics!
Old 10-26-2007, 03:35 PM

I got into her blog and this was posted by someone else:

IT'S A BOY!!!!

H.J. was born at 10:45 a.m. and weighed in a 9 pounds 4 ounces.

That is all! Eagerly awaiting details. Happy happy about big healthy boy! (*wrongly abusing afro smilie yet again*)
Old 10-26-2007, 07:41 PM

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!

going to check her bloggity-blog now...

and OY to see what's up with that...
Old 10-26-2007, 11:02 PM

dangit i don't have access to her blog. must remedy that.

a boy! wow. and a BIG BOY!!!!!!

going to check oy
Old 10-26-2007, 11:14 PM

Happy happy joy joy! Yay to the Feather family and way to go mama Heather! So great. I knew it was a boy all along. Can't wait to hear the deets...

Sarah
Old 10-27-2007, 01:21 AM

Oh hooray hoooooray! What great news, and what a big boy! Yay!

smiling.
Old 10-27-2007, 01:23 AM

Why oh why have I never made pot roast in the slow cooker before today? I will never make it in the oven again.

Good day today. I worked at the winery and sold 5 wine club memberships ($10 commission each - yizzah!), plus I sold a bunch of wine, including 2 huge sales of $975 and $650!!!! That's a lot of wine, folks. I kick ass. :
Old 10-27-2007, 10:12 AM

Meg, you do kick ass. And oh, yeah, on the slow cooker pot roast.

Congratulations Heather and welcome H!!! Can't wait for the birth story. Glad about that big big boy!

Allison has bronchitis and has been coughing up a storm for the past 4 days. Poor babe isn't sleeping well and is (understandably) so very whiny and fussy. Of course, that means I'm not sleeping either, and I'm getting pretty : There will DEFINITELY be a nap in my future this afternoon.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:58 AM

Oooh that slow cooker roast sounds good. I need a slow cooker, and some good organic meat...we rarely have meat and we're usually chicken/fish types when we do, but every so often...

Yesterday I had a few hours to myself, and Viet has agreed to make that happen every MWF so that I can remain sane, and he can continue to live with us. So yay! I worked on a headpiece for bellydance which actually came out really goofy, but was fun to pull out the sewing machine and actually follow through on something.

Cannot WAIT TO HEAR ABOUT HENRY's birth!

coldcoldcold mornings here, and no central heat. Brrrrrrr

Meg those wine sales rawwwwk, you rock! Nice selling, mama. Good for you!
Old 10-27-2007, 12:25 PM

Sitting here at work while Alison prepares to go pick my mom up at the airport. I am so so so excited.

I am delighted and excited to hear more about little baby H too. Heather, I hope your babymoon is peaceful and calm filled with all the help and care you need.

I literally have piles of files surrounding me. Imagine those pathetic cartoons with the caption "Is it Friday yet?!!?" featuring a guy with his tie askew and his head in his hands surrounded by bulging files. Totally me right now.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:28 PM

Anyone have veggie slow cooker recipes? Or ones with just a little chicken/turkey/fish without being totally meat-centric. I want a low-fat, near-veggie, slowroaster cookbook for Christmas. Does such an item exist?

Do any of you have favorite recipes?
Old 10-27-2007, 11:06 PM

Congrats Heather! Can't wait to hear the birth story!

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 10-27-2007, 11:25 PM

Really want the MMF to git chatty. Where IS Renae when you need her?

It's been a luscious weekend around here, because for the first time in memory-cached history I have, like, nothing in my datebook to do. So I am being a MAMA! I am reading books, baking whole wheat carrot cake with cream cheese frosting using real maple syrup for the sweetener, pushing a stroller around the fountain plaza next to my house, driving a walkable distance to the small, grassy playground near our house where there are not usually any other kids (this is desired at the moment), changing 3 poopy diapers in one day (a low # for Miss Amara Pooper Machine), picking Amara up when she cries for me after .076 seconds apart, without rolling my eyes.

Cruising around on OTHER PARTS OF MDC (unheard of for months), reading a novel before bed, going for a walk around same fountain plaza listening to Black Eyes Peas all by m.y.s.e.l.f., sharing loving energy with Viet, applying oil to my parched skin-last in a line of priorities, farting around after eating too much carrot cake, thinking about Henry. And his mama.

*contented sigh* Wishing this peace to radiate outward, and thinking lovingly of all my mmf. Wanting to tell Jstar how I still use and adore the kitchen towel she sent, and whoever sent that delicious body wash, I still use and enjoy it special during showers after long days, and amara still uses the dipes sent by Heather and Renae and Sherri.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:46 AM

nak- hooray for lil H!

visiting my pops in Oly, WA tomorrow. may post more then.
Old 10-28-2007, 03:39 AM

Elsanne, that was a nice post. I felt a little bit of peace radiating up from down south.

I wish I felt more peace here. I am on call tomorrow for 24 hours, and right now I am tired and cranky and haven't gotten enough work done this weekend. We did carve our pumpkins tonight but it felt more like procrastination than good fun. Sigh.

Fiddle, have fun in Oly and hug a hippie for me, 'k? Do you ever go to Traditions and get Olympic Mountain Creamery ice cream there? I seriously love it so much sometimes I feel like making the 2-hr drive just to get some...

So, chatty, huh? Questions, anyone? I did it last time and they weren't that great...someone else?

S.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:11 AM

Fiddle will just then hug herself because Oly's not that full of hippies unless I'm wrong? I have a cousin there who is, now that you mention it, fairly hippified.
Anyway have fun in OlyWa, FiddleFernitude. How is the travel up with the two babes?

Waking up to nice java here. aaaaahhh

Sarah, I hope you are feeling more optimistic after a good night's sleep. Carving pumpkins is nifty fun, we don't have pumpkins here--at least not bushels of them outside the supermarket. I haven't seen nary a punkin, actually, except plastic ones. We have been invited to a fun halloween party and now I have to get my act in gear for a halloween costume. *sigh* SO not my forte.

Question: If you HAD to change your first name, not a choice people, what would you re-name yourself?

I would choose Ethel Gertrude. Just kiddin'!!! I would go with some kind of e-name, because I'm partial to them. So, Eliana is a fave, Emma, all those popular-for-your-baby names like that. Edwina, however, is not among them.
Old 10-28-2007, 11:16 AM

I have another idea: let's pretend we all went to a life-changing seminar that wooed us to the very core, meaning it made you "woo woo", and now you are going to anoint yourself a new human with new purpose.

Let's give ourselves or each other new age names!

Optional names: Govinda, Shakti, Shanti, Windsong, Anastasia, etc.

My new name would be:
Farahshanti Eliana

*stated with proper reverence and not a little pomp*
Old 10-28-2007, 12:10 PM

Oly not full of hippies? What are you smokin'? It is the home of Evergreen, my alma mater, which is the hippiest of all hippie schools.

I will think on the name thing and get back to you. I've never really thought of it before as an adult.

S.
Old 10-28-2007, 12:52 PM

Eris Concord. Eris, Goddess of disorder and Concord meaning peace works for me, please. I like the juxtaposition. I would be a new person putting forth the idea that disorder and peace can live together and be one.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:03 PM

Lisa, I hope you have a great visit with your mom. How long is she staying?
I don't have a specific recipe for you but a bean soup with or without a little meat or chicken comes to mind.

Elsanne, you sound refueled. It looks good on you! Definitely feeling the peace, and super-glad for it. It helps me to remember what's important and why I do all of this in the first place, which is very appropriate because I have been feeling WAY overextended, underfueled, and generally at the end of my rope. Caught myself yelling "Please stop yelling!" at the kids - interesting double standard, eh? So, the reminder to take a breath and a bath if necessary is just the right thing over here.

sarahb, sounds like we're in similar places. I just canceled our pumpkin carving plans for this morning because it was one too many things to do today.

Ethel Gertude : I, too, will have to think on that for a minute before I answer.

And a little trivia about me: I have a Hindu name which was given to me by one of those guru-types when I was about 7. It's Rukmini. My lil sis was named Durgaya Jaya, which was actually the name on her birth certificate and social security card until she was 18 and legally changed it.

ETA: Lisa, I love it.
Old 10-28-2007, 01:55 PM

Durgaya Jaya! Well, I guess those born with it will scorn their woo. Did she change it to Jennifer Marie or something?

Get this: I just went out for an ass-shrinking cardio puff around the fountain, and returned to the house and Viet LEFT with the girls to go get some veggies for a soup.

Life is sooooo good at the moment. ALONE! in my house! Can you dig it!

Ah yes, Evergreen! I had forgotten! I spent summers there as a youth and didn't run into that circuit. Evergreen is indeed most crunchous.

Eris Concord really really rocks. I love it! your alter ego could be, Eros Conquered....:
Old 10-28-2007, 02:10 PM

Rukmini, my mom is here for at least 6 weeks. We're hoping that she'll stay until Annie's birthday Feb 2, but that might be pushing it.

Our hybrid car (2002 Prius) broke yesterday at the airport. I had to leave work early to go rescue my wife, kids, and mom from the parking garage. The car was towed to the nearest Toyota dealership where they say they must run tests costing $150 just to find out what it wrong. It has 100,000 miles on it but we think of it as a new car so I am really hoping that nothing major is wrong with it. Damn, it's a way too smart car - it just shuts off and won't go when it has something wrong with it. Before I moved here to be with my love I drove a '72 toyota pickup (on days I needed to drive which was rare). I could fix that truck with duct tape and a bobby pin. I felt so MacGyver with that truck and I feel like such a useless girl with the Prius.

The whole experience made me feel very protective as I realized that when Alison goes anywhere with both girls and my mom the car will hold all of the people in the world that I love more than myself. I want to institute a rule like the president and vice president have where they can't travel together. It's more than a little anxiety producing.

With love,
Eris Concord
Old 10-28-2007, 02:50 PM

i felt that contented peace radiating as well. *sigh* (good sigh) i had a similar peaceful moment last night. we went out to dinner sans chitlins with my mom and dad. i started having fun the moment we drove away and could have eaten 'hotdonals' for all i cared. i was just RELAXED! ebin tends to be a screamer fussbudget during every.single.dinner these days and i hate eating one-handed bouncing fussy babe. or cramming food down too quickly as doug holds said fusser.

ebin is also sleeping like real POO lately. like woke every half hour for 4 hours the other night : must be teeth.

right now he is wearing some crotcheted cowboy boots and they make me giggle.

we haven't carved our punkins yet. i'll probably take one to claudia's spooky party later today

bummer about the car, eris concord i kind of feel that way about most cars these days. so much is electronic.

yay for the loooong mom visit though!!!!

my dad fed isaac a brownie for breakfast. nice

i have no idea what my dreamy woo name would be. i'll have to think. maybe moonstone or amythyst.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:29 PM

Rukmini! tee hee!

Moonstone Amethyst...you are so geological...how fun! Dinner sans bebes sounds just divine.

Now Sol's friend is over playing so yet more "time off"...

yaaay happy sunday...
Old 10-28-2007, 05:40 PM

so perplexed by recent posts, but now i see the question posed by els. no time to answer, as we are having a big-a$$ party here in about 2 hours and i still have to run to the store for a couple of things and finish cleaning and setting stuff up and and and...

bye for now!

~c
Old 10-29-2007, 01:19 PM

am i the only one hoping the feathers return home from hospital today so we can hear about little HJ?? as if hf will have a lot of time to update right

just thinking of the real morning goddess and wondering how nannying is going

i'm enjoying morning quiet time before the boys get up :

i haven't ever been to oly although i permitted a power plant in shelton so i went up there a bunch of times. i think of oly as riotgrrrl epicenter more than hippieworld. (when i went to school in olympia...and everyone's the same....we look the same...and talk the same - remember that hole song? ) i'd love to check out the town sometime.

i went to an antiques expo yesterday with my mom and got some cool stuff. i'm decorating isaac's room in cowboy stuff and bought several items to make a shadowbox for his wall. (i'm finally making progress on his quilt as well.) i also got vintage halloween decorations and a set of vintage noel candlestick holders. so cute!!

ebin's room is peter rabbit right now. but that won't last very long as he becomes more boy and less baby. so i'm thinking vintage space theme. am i the only dork that gets heavily into bedroom decorating?
Old 10-29-2007, 03:03 PM - Thread Starter

I'm going to post an update on the feathers OY soon.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:11 PM - Thread Starter

Hey Claudia, how did the partay go yesterday?

Had a good weekend here, albeit busy! My rockin dh decluttered our basement and garage, and shed. We've mostly decluttered upstairs, so it's nice now that the whole house is more or less done. I still want to go through the kids' toys and books again, but I'm taking a bit of a break. Maybe in a week or two I'll resume.

Are the kids getting excited about Halloween? What's everyone going to dress up as? Katie is going to be Alice in Wonderland. Its a really cute costume, although it is store bought, as I don't have the Mad Skillz of Jstar in the costume sewing department!:

User Tag List