November Thread for May 2004 Mamas - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
KK-sorry about the news on the cysts. Get in to that acupuncturist! I hope that helps. If not, I hope your insurance takes care of what else needs to be done.

elsanne-waiting on link to dancing video. I'm excited to see you in action (or as G says, "I'm exciting.")

EL-you are brave to even be getting back into your work with such a little one! I admire you for doing it!

HF-bummer on the pp doula. I'm starting to feel badly being a certified doula myself (though not PP) what with the way these women have been treatin' ya. I'd so jump over there to help you figure out the moby...and I don't even know how to use one myself. We could definitely figure it out together!

jstar-would love to see pics of the landscaping. sounds fun! Ebin is such a big guy and Isaac is looking so handsome! I can't believe E is wearing some 2T size clothes! A is still able to wear some 0-3 month stuff, but some is too small so we're gradually working our way into 3-6. She's just a lean girl! Yet, she's getting chunky! Would love to hear how you've got your bedtime routine worked out. DH is gone two nights this week and next and I'm doing okay with putting both to bed, but could definitely use other ideas.

A's pics went well, BTW. The drive to Grand Junction and back was not so fun for A, but the pics turned out cute. I'll post a link OY when it's working (have to wait 10 business days or something like that).

Well, dh just pulled in so I should go. I'll update more later...but the job situation here is not getting much better. He's really in active job hunting mode now. Where we'll end up is anyone's guess...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 02:06 AM

I talked to my dr. during my class, and I'm relieved. She's not thrilled with the situation, but she's very conservative about surgery (and not removing important parts). She doesn't feel like they're "going anywhere" (they're in the range of what we've seen for most of the last 4 yrs, except at the beginning when they got huge), so it's a matter of how much pain I can tolerate (and she said she knows I can tolerate a lot... hmm... natural childbirth, anyone?).... since I'm willing to tolerate the pain, she'll hold off on surgery. So we're going to just continue with regular monitoring. I'm getting a 2nd opinion from the other sr. dr. in the clinic... I'd rather have someone at least somewhat familiar with the history of the problem review it rather than someone more removed. And... I need to get on this (alternatives-wise).

EL, I also admire you for getting into it with a little baby. I certainly wasn't productive at that point... The way I'm staying focused these days when I'm working is that I made myself a "time sheet" in Excel. I record when I start (punch in) and when I stop (punch out), for a few different acceptable categories of work. (At least if I'm procrastinating on the diss, I'm doing something else which needs to get done.) It makes me aware enough about what I'm doing that I've cut down on internet procrastination. It's also made me aware that when I'm *working*, I need to let the answering machine (or dh) take the calls... that can be a serious time sink for me. (Do you know about ABDMoms? It's a YG...)
#63 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 03:00 AM

i'm surprised at how very few hours i'm actually clocking of work but am still managing to make progress. which is good! and i asked our babysitter if she would like 2 regular days a week. so i guess i have a nanny now! ebin was making smiley faces this morning at her so it felt like a good thing. isaac has been saying he doesn't like her (in front of her). cute! but today he chose to stay home and was nice all day (we had a talk). i called and school said the eyes were fine because we were treating it and there wasn't any goo. (they're a little bloodshot still).

i would go for surgery, kk. my friend is getting checked out here for pain and problems and they found a 1 inch cyst on her ovary. they will be deciding by the new year if she is to have a hysterectomy she's only 28 i think. and has had 2 kids but she has endometriosis too. i hope she doesn't have to for her hormones. but the friend i had who recently died of cancer at 39 had a 6 inch tumor on her ovary. i know now that *i* would definitely be interested in surgery because i know gina had nothing and then boom, very bad tumor. (her death on the other hand could have very likely been preventable if she'd been in the US instead of on british national health.) plus, you shouldn't have to live with pain if it could be improved. i'm sure your cysts are fine/benign but i wouldn't want to mess with anything "growy". you can always wait and try the natural methods and then decide to go for the laproscopy. but if it depends on the cobra timing i would say do it. and hopefully that would be the end of that (i don't want to be scary....just relating the experiences i've had lately in that realm).

i'll expand on the bedtime routine oy. it probably isn't anything with our routine but the time change that is making it groovy. they were both down by 8:10 or so tonight. small miracles. (i can't wait to see A's pics too)

dh moved this giant heavy mod desk from my old office to home today. i've been asking for MONTHS. begging pleading. he said he'd do it for some lovin and i said ANYTHING. well he got a back massage i feel so menopausal right now : there's also a credenza that matches my desk (a slightly different mod desk). we don't have the room for this furniture but free awesome 60s furniture is impossible for me to pass up. doug said no on the credenza and then later said he'd get it. yes! i'm thinking future home office. he's thinking our trailer in bend. we're dreaming about a really ancient trailer and might go see it next weekend. i'm pretty scared. it isn't even in bend but south of sunriver. snowboard shack o love. bachelor starts ski lessons at 3 1/2 and mt. hood meadows says 4. i would love to get isaac on skis. i would love the sun!!

i bought cute diaper covers yesterday. so that's kinda fun. i may even attempt nighttime cloth. i know it shouldn't be that much of a hurdle for me
#64 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 10:43 AM

Jstar, that house looks purty cute! Very sweet. Could be fun, and it could be a PITA depending on the house's condition. So glad to hear about your nanny--and I have that same experience, how few hours it takes to get things done. I really believe most office jobs involve 2-3 hrs per 8 hr day of just dinking around.
I was thinking of you last night because the bedtime was NOT flowing (I was alone, Viet went to Mex City again for his dad) and amazingly, we made it. I was wondering how you did it. I feel so bad because I get so tense and grouchy when Amara cries, and for whatever reason, then I get snippy with Sol (who didn't do anything to deserve it) and gah.

kk, as I understand it (<--disclaimer), most women get cysts of some size and shape in our 30s, and they grow, morph, change, etc...and most cause no trouble. Then, some do, like yours, and I think if your doctor does not seem concerned and if you feel comfortable with the medical assessment, I would go the good acupunturist route (that medicine really can be amazing sometimes) for now. See what your instincts say about what's going on inside you--get Caroline Myss's recent book Anatomy of the Spirit.
But, as another disclaimer, I tend to be non-interventionist by nature and experiences like Jstar's friend notwithstanding (so sorry to hear about that, btw, j). That's where I think your own medical intuition about your body can help you decide.
#65 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
Also wanting to say yippeee yi yay for a good pp doula, Heather! I think about you so much, much more than I write out responses for.
:

TC, Ethan very much enjoyed playing peekaboo with S What a cutie!

KK that suxors on the cysts. You sound like you're in a good place about it, and your doc sounds in a good place about it, but it suxors that you have to deal with it at all. I tend to be fairly non-interventionist, so if you're comfortable (both mental/emotional and physically) with regular monitoring, then that seems like a reasonable route to go. I'm glad you're getting a second opinion - it's always good to have an extra set of eyes on something like that.

jstar, neat on the house! Sounds like fun. And Happiness Is A Bedtime Routine That Works!

Going back to work today after being home sick Monday and Tuesday. Caitlyn was home with me on Monday, and Allison on Tuesday : so I didn't get as much rest as I'd have liked, but I feel enough better that I can go to work. This was our first experience with three kids taking turns being really sick, and I must say I'd rather have them all down at the same time rather than drawing it out for two weeks!
#66 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 01:10 PM

I actually woke up feeling very much in line with Jess. Last night, I was thinking about some of what Christiane Northrup had to say about this stuff (and I'm probably not remembering completely, but she definitely doesn't rule out surgery; you can do all the alternative and mind-bending stuff you want, but sometimes, it's just THERE and your body can't get rid of it), but part of me is just feeling so done about dealing with it, worrying about cancer, etc. I know from life ins. physicals that my level of whatever blood marker they look for (ca125?) is non-existent, which is good, but yes, I've heard/read plenty of stories about cysts being fine and then turning. I have a few more questions for my doc, and I made a request for info at the hospital's medical library, and we're going to check out COBRA. I'm also thinking about asking an outside dr. for a 2nd opinion now. Part of the reason that I suggested the other sr. dr. is that I know that she'll back up what my dr. said, but is that really a 2nd opinion?

Sorry it's all about me... :
#67 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 04:41 PM

KK, it sounds to me that your doc thinks (knows) the cysts are benign, but it's a pain and quality of life thing, you know? IMO, there's nothing wrong with laproscopy to get rid of something that's painful and annoying, even if it's not "dangerous." My worry would be torsion of your ovary, which is exquisitely painful, and then you'd have to go in for emergency surgery, which is disruptive. I am so sorry you are going through this and have to thin about it. I think the acupuncture is a great option in the meantime, and if it can shrink them, that's great. , mama.

We have a lecture today on breech delivery, from an old doc whose been around forevah. I'm interested to hear his opinion (hands-off vs extraction, etc.).

S.
#68 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 06:06 PM

Yeah, I know that as long as they are simple and fluid-filled, they are harmless. I want to ask more questions about the multi-chambered one... I haven't experienced that before. And I *am* a little concerned about emergency surgery... I haven't mentioned this, but I had the most painful episode yet (aside from the ruptures during Z's birth) on Sunday. I had pain shooting up into my neck and down into my leg. I was in so much pain I had to lie down (big deal for me), and I was nauseous. The sonographer figures that's probably when the blood vessel in the bleeding cyst burst... in retrospect, I probably should have called my dr. or hit the er to rule out torsion. But I'm kind of mule-headed about pain...

Dh has done some exploration with insurance, COBRA, etc. It sounds like as long as there's no lapse in coverage, we can get another decent out-of-pocket plan which would cover more u/s or even surgery without having to pay the higher fees for our plan under COBRA. So I feel like I have time to explore a better acupuncturist, a more independent 2nd opinion, etc.

Ug. There's more on my mind. I'll explain OY.
#69 of 245 Old 11-07-2007, 11:06 PM

yes, i'd definitely get a more independent 2nd opinion. that pain sounds pretty intense! and that is good about the insurance continuous coverage.

how'd the breech delivery lecture go? that's something that totally interests me. i never asked my doc about it but he is so old school i wonder what he would have done. i'm guessing C's. but there have to be some docs around who will do it

jessica - i hope going back to work was better than hanging with sick kiddos

i think that trailer probably has some major issue(s). it is priced pretty darn low

babe is cryin
#70 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 01:21 AM

Dying to hear about the breech lecture also!

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#71 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 01:30 AM

ebin kicked his baby quilt off the stroller today in ikea. i spent a LOT longer there than planned : and i was going to be so sad if it was gone. someone had rolled it up and stuck it in a basket in a display <3

i had dawdled all over the place.
#72 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 02:18 AM

Somehow when I posted the night before last, I neglected to mention:

: L is totally done getting formula through the tube! :

He still will need the tube for who knows how long because he doesn't drink enough fluids, but he's getting his calories completely independently! Woo hoo! I guess kids the MMF's age are supposed to drink around 32 oz a day. The goal for L is to get half of that, so if he doesn't drink at least 16 oz (he usually drinks 8-11 oz), we give him the rest as water while he sleeps (so about 5-8 oz).

KK, I hope everything lines up for you to deal with these cysts one way or the other, and that you are pain-free soon. You have been dealing with them long enough! You know, I wonder if the sudden freak-out of your cysts is BECAUSE you are dealing with your diss. Like, all that repressed stuff is coming up and being messy as you face it. So whatever you need to do for healing, I say, do it. (How's that for matter-of-fact yet vague)

Jstar- so glad you found it!

Gotta do dishes, then to beddy-bye I go. Tomorrow is a CPR day. I love teaching!
#73 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 09:07 AM

FF---that is such wonderful news!! Go L!!! (and mama and papa!) Very interesting about the fluids--C has the same issue and we have to keep on her about getting at least 20oz a day most days and making up the rest w/ drinkable yogurt, applesauce, etc. If I were Sherri, I would insert some seriously whiz bang smilie art right here.

Jstar---I would have cried if it was lost. It's a beautiful quilt---glad someone was thoughtful enough to tuck it out of the way so it could be found!

KK---phew. Tough decisions. If it were me, I'd probably have them out, but they seem to run in my family and my mom/aunts have had them out so that is probably why I'd lean that way. Though knowing what I know now about the wisdom of pursuing alternative means, I would definitely take the time to do that as well. I hate the thought of them causing you so much pain in any case!

Today it's HJ's 2wk check! (time flies!) and my 1st visit back to the mw. Still trying to figure out what to do for a thank you gift.

In any case, must go shower while bebe is content w/ DH. He slept so much better in comparison last night--what a relief!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#74 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 10:40 AM

I'm back.... cause guess who's snoozing in the moby leaving mommy w/ two free hands! Still need to work on getting it tight enough from the get go because I haven't figured how you tighten it more when babe is already in it???

When I think of the moby I think of pics of Lily being worn in one by her daddy....gosh time sure flies!

Jacquie---love the pics! P11 is my fave--melty melty! So glad you made the trek--they are precious! I think I'll have HJ's done when I get E's 2yr pics done in Feb.

#75 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
I talked to my dr. during my class, and I'm relieved. She's not thrilled with the situation, but she's very conservative about surgery (and not removing important parts). She doesn't feel like they're "going anywhere" (they're in the range of what we've seen for most of the last 4 yrs, except at the beginning when they got huge), so it's a matter of how much pain I can tolerate (and she said she knows I can tolerate a lot... hmm... natural childbirth, anyone?).... since I'm willing to tolerate the pain, she'll hold off on surgery. So we're going to just continue with regular monitoring. I'm getting a 2nd opinion from the other sr. dr. in the clinic... I'd rather have someone at least somewhat familiar with the history of the problem review it rather than someone more removed. And... I need to get on this (alternatives-wise).
I hope you can come to a resolution you are comfortable with the cysts. I admire your patience with them! You're a tough cookie. : And I agree, an outside second opinion would be a good idea.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
Going back to work today after being home sick Monday and Tuesday. Caitlyn was home with me on Monday, and Allison on Tuesday : so I didn't get as much rest as I'd have liked, but I feel enough better that I can go to work. This was our first experience with three kids taking turns being really sick, and I must say I'd rather have them all down at the same time rather than drawing it out for two weeks!
I hope you guys stay healthy for a good long time! It really suxors when the illness takes turns with everyone in the household and drags on and on and on and on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jstar View Post
ebin kicked his baby quilt off the stroller today in ikea. i spent a LOT longer there than planned : and i was going to be so sad if it was gone. someone had rolled it up and stuck it in a basket in a display <3

i had dawdled all over the place.
I can only imagine your panic and sadness looking all that time for the blanket. It's beautiful, and I'm so glad it was found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlefern View Post
Somehow when I posted the night before last, I neglected to mention:

: L is totally done getting formula through the tube! :

He still will need the tube for who knows how long because he doesn't drink enough fluids, but he's getting his calories completely independently! Woo hoo! I guess kids the MMF's age are supposed to drink around 32 oz a day. The goal for L is to get half of that, so if he doesn't drink at least 16 oz (he usually drinks 8-11 oz), we give him the rest as water while he sleeps (so about 5-8 oz).

That's terrific news!!! I bet you feel somewhat liberated! Way to go!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
FF---that is such wonderful news!! Go L!!! (and mama and papa!) Very interesting about the fluids--C has the same issue and we have to keep on her about getting at least 20oz a day most days and making up the rest w/ drinkable yogurt, applesauce, etc. If I were Sherri, I would insert some seriously whiz bang smilie art right here.
Well, since you asked...

:
::
:

The drinking one in the center is so that he drinks lots of fluids for you~

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
I'm back.... cause guess who's snoozing in the moby leaving mommy w/ two free hands! Still need to work on getting it tight enough from the get go because I haven't figured how you tighten it more when babe is already in it???
I'm so glad you figured out the Moby! I think the key is to getting it tight enough in the first place, because it will naturally stretch out as you wear it. I am not sure if there is a way to tighten it once it is on? I love love loved my moby, and i bet it would be even better with a snuggly sleepy newborn!
#76 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 01:43 PM

i would have cried so hard. i was walking through looking for it and thinking i would cry if i drove away without it. and then thinking it's just a quilt and i could make another one. but it is special...and like i have time! there is a god i tell ya

this is ebin's other quilt i made him
sock monkeys!
ebin

i haven't had *any* time to sew lately and that is a drag. i'm on a deadline to make a purse for my friend's bday in dec. and a baby quilt for my friend's baby shower...the one who had 4 miscarriages. she is now 18 weeks! she's not finding out the sex so i got some cute red alphabet fabric and this yellowy creamy vintage looking animal print. i can see it in my mind (the finished quilt) but i haven't started it yet beyond fabric buying. i think i have til feb/march and i'll be flying to oakland for her shower. i think i'm taking ebin and leaving isaac although i know that will make for one sad isaac.

A's pics were so cute, jacqueline. there was one of the black and white ones which was just classic. her hair is so cute!

very stoked for L and the graduation from formula!

KK, you *do* deserve to get a break soon.

ok. gotta shower.
#77 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 02:31 PM

Good morning all-

Jacqueline, the pics of A were gorgeous. I love the hair! Such a cutie.

FF, how wonderful about the formula! Yay! I know that is a huge milestone for you guys.

Heather, the trick to the Moby is just getting it tight enough in the beginning, before you put him in. It seems too tight but it's so stretchy, he'll fit. I never tightened it once it was on - too complicated.

Jess - So glad you found the quilt! That feeling is horrible - that pit of your stomach dread when you realize you've lost something valuable/loved.

Juice - hope the sickies stay away and you get back on an even keel. And it's almost the weekend!

Speaking of, I am beat. This week has been a doozy. We have friends coming to stay with us from out of town and I am really looking forward to just hanging out and not thinking about school 24-7. I'm sure I will get way behind on homework but I just. don't. care. right now.

The breech lecture was interesting. Kind of sad, because of the state of the situation - fewer and fewer docs and midwives with experience, etc. - but the doc himself thought women should be able to have the decision and believed it was an inherently ok thing to do. The problem is that huge studies do show that the risk to the baby is greater with a breech vaginal delivery than with a planned cesarean - but not by much. Many people believe that the woman should still be able to have the choice. So anyway, the reason that he was even showing us how to do it was so we could help when a woman came into the hospital with a rear end hanging out...it's going to be less and less common to have a vaginal breech as the old docs and midwives retire. I am personally hoping to get more experience with it as I get into more birth center and home birth scenarios.

Off to play with my girl - love to all!

Sarah
#78 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 05:04 PM

yeah it seems risky either way you go. i read a birth story of a breech homebirth and the child ended up with all kinds of problems (i don't remember what...ie handicapped from the birth) and i know it would be a superhard decision to make. after reading that birth story i would feel better about going for a c. (also thinking of our mamas here with the 'babe knows something is going on' thing). but then like you say it is scary to think women will be showing up already pushing and there will be fewer qualified people around. (can you tell i would make heavy medical decisions based on personal anecdotes??? so scientific of me)

my friend erica had a breech baby and they offered to do a version. at that point she just wanted the baby OUT. she's the one who had the very painful recovery though and so i am pumping her up to go vbac if she ever has another babe.

enjoy your break from homework sarahbee
#79 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 05:48 PM

I guess the thing that scares me about breech births is that it seems hard to find a caregiver who has much experience (and confidence?) about them (like MCSB said). I think doing it with an experienced caregiver would be fine, but not with someone who doesn't know what she/he is doing (duh, no?). My aunt had a breech birth with my cousin (2nd child). Wasn't a big deal back then. Also, I think he was at least 43 wks.

I am *so* excited to hear about L and the tube. Such good news. Major

Jess, I've totally had that "crap I lost something really important" feeling. So glad you found the quilt!

Okay, Miss L and I are going to hit the store (while dh works and Z sleeps).
#80 of 245 Old 11-08-2007, 06:29 PM

quick notes while s naps and m is content playing with his trains...

jacquie: pics of a are so cute. love her hair. i especially liked the one where she's kind of looking up and away from the camera and you can see her chubby chin.

fiddle: yay for just liquids in the tube! awesome!

jstar: yay for finding the quilt! isn't ikea dangerous for the wallet? i was amazed when we got out of there this past time only spending less than $200.

kk: hmmm... cysts... i like what fiddle-y said about maybe they are being irritating (well, more like, painful) because you are addressing the diss thing. what do you think of that idea?

juice: sickies be gone to your household... glad e enjoyed the peekaboo with youtube stefan.

els: been thinking about you and your loss... are you doing okay? i know it was a whiz-bang surprise, but just making sure you are taking care of yourself. love your work strategy.

okay, should probably get to playing with m for a few minutes until the walker wakes up.

he is still so cute walking, so proud of himself. so fun.

~claudia
#81 of 245 Old 11-09-2007, 01:25 AM

TC- S is soooooo cute, I bet it's fun watchin him walk around, all pleased with himself.

Sherri- awe, thanks for the smilie art! I totally got the drinkin smilie!

HF- so your docs want C to get 20 oz? That's very interesting, cause I took L in Monday cause I thought he might have a uti cause he was complaining of pain, and the ped said nope, no uti, but he could be straining while he's peeing so check for constipation. She was worried about the 16 ounce goal, though she wouldn't come out and say it since the feeding team calls the shots. Well, this week it looks like L IS constipated. Off to e-mail the feeding team...
#82 of 245 Old 11-09-2007, 09:39 AM

ff--she takes miralax because of the liquids issue :, but we've found that 20oz plus liquids in foods is the min that keeps her pee the right color. Obviously 32+ would be better, but not happening that often here. Every so often, I happen upon a novelty beverage like apple cider that will get her to do more. Part of it too is her oral motor coordination and needing to drink w/ a straw that has kept her from progressing or just gulping liquids like a normal kid.

I'm back in the driver's seat now! I actually snuck out to the library quickly last night to get two books that were on reserve and take back a stack of overdues. DH is the morning god around here these days. After I feed HJ at 5ish and if he won't settle (read he grunts like a little piggy in his sleep), DH takes him and walks him to sleep and brings him back when he needs to eat again. Ahhhh...sleep!

totally not keeping up on everyone, but it is all about me....

#83 of 245 Old 11-09-2007, 10:58 AM

Yay for driving again! I hate feeling trapped and unable to go anywhere. So I'm glad you have a bit of freedom back again. And to your dh, steppin' up to the morning plate!
#84 of 245 Old 11-10-2007, 11:38 AM

Lookit me!!! I'm a threadkillah!
#85 of 245 Old 11-10-2007, 11:42 AM

No me, let me!! Okay...really must get some things done while all is quiet w/ the bebe....

What's everyone up to this weekend?? DH is at a football game, I'm flying solo and C has her horsey hippo lesson after lunch. Hoping HJ cooperates for an afternoon nap w/ the girls. Perfect rainy fall day to sleep the afternoon away!

Debating whether to try to brave a grocery store trip later...

#86 of 245 Old 11-10-2007, 11:52 AM

Dh and I are going to a football game this afternoon. Then tomorrow I need to tend to some perennials to get them ready for the impending winter. I need to bake some cookies tomorrow. That's about it. Just hanging out with the fam. Hope you get some quiet time this afternoon! Will you be Moby-ing HJ during the hippos? Take it easy and don't overdo it!

Elsanne, where you been, mama? I've been thinking of you and want to second what Claudia asked about you-are you healing and coping OK?
#87 of 245 Old 11-10-2007, 01:02 PM

We have *verrrry* glamorous wkend plans: I'm going to do some household type sewing (I have insulated window coverings that I've put off working on forever, and comforter covers), and dh is going to be insulating the foundation walls in the crawl space. (I realize that he totally got the short straw. )

Ferny, I hope that L keeps up with the liquids. Constipation is no fun. It's funny, because way back when, liquids weren't such an issue for us, it was always just getting enough calories. Even now, Z is such a slow eater (but at least he eats, so I shouldn't complain).

Re the cysts flaring because I'm dealing with my diss... yeah, I've thought that, too, but I also will admit that I also kind of feel that they've been hanging around *forever* and that they're just not likely to go away. I'm waffling on the surgery... at the very least, I don't think I'd have my ob do it (IMO, she has too few of them under her belt, and I worry that a laproscopic procedure would have too high a likelihood of going laprotomy--ie, totally opening up my old C-section scar and go from out-patient to bigger recovery). My latest thoughts are: get a good 2nd opinion from someone who focuses on GYN stuff rather than ob, get going on the acupuncture thing, and line up good health ins that will cover whatever comes up. I'm supposed to have scans at least every 6 mos, so if things haven't changed by next summer, *then* I will likely go for the surgery.

Oh yeah, check out the last pic or two on dh's website. I might post some more pix on my site later, including some Halloween stuff finally.
#88 of 245 Old 11-10-2007, 01:37 PM

Weekend plans are that I am working. Gah.

Actually, Eleanor is delighted that my nephew is coming over tonight for "Movie Night" She has selected Cinderella. She has never seen a full-length movie, nor any Disney (there was a disasterous attempt to see Happy Feet), but we figure that of all the princess movies Cinderella is the least scary and Disney-weird. We shall see.

My mom staying with us is working out very nicely. Last night she turned to me in the car and said, "Lisa, you have such a wonderful life." and my heart swelled. I do. I have a very blessed life.

Now, I must write some attendance discipline paperwork for a bus operator who has missed/been late MANY times.
#89 of 245 Old 11-10-2007, 10:03 PM

Totally but I'm curious - how do the MMF feel about tie-dye?

I have always disliked it for myself, too many childhood memories. But I find I love it for my kids, is that weird? I wouldn't wear a tie-dyed shirt, but I would happily put my son in tie-died pajamas.

Am I totally random?
#90 of 245 Old 11-10-2007, 11:13 PM

KK, would you mind giving me a few pointers on preparing my perennials and roses for winter? Specifically I have to find out what to do to get my roses ready for winter. And I have an Iris this year that I just planted, but have absolutely no experience with them-what do I do with them? If anyone has the answer feel free to jump in, I just know our MG KK is knowledgeable on all things garden. It's been a logn time since I've had roses, and I reallly realllly want them to come back next year! TIA :

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page