November Thread for May 2004 Mamas - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 245 Old 11-15-2007, 04:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
oh sheesh, jess, that is sad. : peace to the babe's family and to their forever angel...

marek's latest thing to say:
"mom, i'm a little bit nervous."
"why are you nervous, marek?"
"i'm nervous because i just am."
"ok, what is making you nervous?"
"i'm nervous about (going to your meeting with you, going to the library, going to our new friend logan's house, fill in the activity du jour)."

it's both sad and endearing and exasperating.

~claudia
#122 of 245 Old 11-15-2007, 04:50 PM

jstar, that's awful. And way too close to home. My greatest fear is that something will happen to one of my children.
#123 of 245 Old 11-15-2007, 04:59 PM

How sad! And ditto Juice's fear.

Claudia--how sad and sweet at the same time. Interesting kiddo you have there!

While we're on the kids things say topic:

E's latest funny is to tell me when HJ is "hiccing up" again. The boy always has the hiccups if you hadn't guessed.

C's is "sure" ....as in HJ sure is cute and HJ sure loves his mama milks, etc.

Anyone want to come over and sort out the summer to fall to winter clothes madness around here?? I swear, triplets would be a breeze w/ only one size to sort through instead of three!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#124 of 245 Old 11-15-2007, 05:47 PM

oh it would be awful. morbid as it is my hesitation on letting doug get the V is that i would probably want another babe if anything happened to either of these two. even though i don't want more the V is so final kwim? and sometimes stuff happens.

i need lunch.

i can't think of isaac-isms right now besides 'that's what we do. yep. because that's what we do' nodding very seriously. he says this about everything.

and he's got all kinds of incorrect conjugations and stuff that i secretly giggle about. i won't be giggling if he's 20 and still saying 'wokeded up' but for now it is cute.

so last night ebin woke at 1 and then woke again at 3. i decided that was too soon to eat again so i just gave him a pat and didn't pick him up. and then he slept until 8 : and i got up before him and managed to fill 2 bottles in the same time i have been eeking out half bottles. so i liked everything about this plan. i think he must be doing milk management.

of course when i got up at 7 i had to look at him because i am now going to be hyperscared i guess the little girl always had a raspy breath. so maybe there was something going on there. i don't know but i am crushed for them.

hmmm. food selections in milwaukie. what to have?
#125 of 245 Old 11-15-2007, 06:19 PM - Thread Starter

jess-that is so sad. I think it's also one of my greatest fears...and I worry more about it with A than I did last time. Mostly because I feel more confident as a parent and don't rush to her side at every little noise she makes. Then I think about stuff like SIDS and feel bad that I don't rush to her side....

DH returns later today!!!! I'm so glad. The last two days haven't really been too bad, but I miss him and so does G. G has actually been a good guy while daddy's been gone, so I'm very proud of him.

G'isms: he calls us "my darling" often because we read it in a book about My Darling Clemintine. He makes a lot of "contraptions" and "inventions." He also has his boyish humor--he talks about making poop pie, poop cookies, pooping on my head, etc.

Must.Eat.Something.Now. gotta love breastfeeding...
#126 of 245 Old 11-15-2007, 06:54 PM

That's my biggest fear, too, Jess. I get so sad when I hear of stories like that. When Katie was small, I heard f an acquaintance of mine from high school losing a daughter to sids as well, and it really really hit me hard. Though, now that they are out of the sids risk category, I still worry about something awful happening to them. I can't think about it to much or I start to feel panicked, like I am now. :
#127 of 245 Old 11-15-2007, 06:55 PM

Got Bill's email Claudia. Can't wait to shop.
#128 of 245 Old 11-16-2007, 11:10 AM

Missing my morning Fern! With the time difference, it sorta makes her my morning goddess! :

C is at school and the rest of us are going to the chiro in a little while. I have a killer headache I'm guessing is from the weather shift to super chilly! Eek....not ready for winter!

*yawn* If anyone likes a middle of the night party...come to our house from 3-5am! :

#129 of 245 Old 11-16-2007, 11:27 AM

Not much to say, 'cept Morning Mamas.... I wish I drank I need some this morning, evidenced by the fact that I started to type drinkded instead of drank. I think Katie and I are coming down with a : I hope we're better by Wed. when we leave for turkey day.
#130 of 245 Old 11-16-2007, 01:01 PM

My fear about that topic is so great I won't even discuss it.

I have to share this Z thing: at preschool yesterday, they made necklaces. Stringing beads has always been Z's forte (his fine motor skills got really strong back when his gross motor skills fell behind). He literally put about 300 beads on his piece of yarn. We're ready to send him off to a sweat shop to support the family.

I'm off to my IUD insertion in a couple of hours. Wish me luck.
#131 of 245 Old 11-16-2007, 02:22 PM

Oooh, luck! Just remember the pain only lasts a couple of minutes...about one contraction. Wow, that's a good point. It is kinda like one bad contraction, focused on the cervix.

Cute about beads. Lily likes to do that, too. We have millions of tiny plastic animal beads that she strings over and over and over and over and over and then plays with like they're a lot bigger.

Heather, 3-5am party does not sound like fun. Hope your headache improves.

Sherri, hope y'all's colds do not get bad. Lily has had a snuffly nose on the morning for days and I keep thinking we're gonna get it bad, but so far so good. I've been pumping her full of EmergenC, and myself too.

I am on call tonight. So glad it's just night and not all day. Wish me 2 or 3 short, easy multip births at 9pm, 11pm and 1am, and then 6 hours of sleep! Teehee that was a student mw joke.

I got socks yesterday at the mall! w00t! As well as some kuh-yoot Stride Rite sneakers for Lily for $12 at Ross! Score!

S.
#132 of 245 Old 11-16-2007, 02:59 PM

Socks for WHOOOOOOM, Miss SarahBee? *eyebrows wiggling*
How very cool that you're already in the birthing thing. Wow. All these little people you'll be helping out.

Lisa, thought of your comment about life being pretty good while I was, I dunno, doing something, I don't recall...we are so blessed, and it's important to keep perspective. Just wanted to tell you I was thinking of you. How is little little?

KK that's pretty cool about your bead-stringin' boy. Such a satisfying activity for beaders.
#133 of 245 Old 11-16-2007, 05:55 PM

Well, it was pretty easy. From what my friends had said, I expected it to be much more painful, but it really wasn't a big deal. Not even one bad contraction's worth.

What *was* interesting was that I basically got a 2nd opinion from the dr. on my cysts (the dr. who did the insertion wasn't my regular ob). She thought that my concerns were right on the money (and she thinks I should get the surgery done, didn't quite understand why I've held off so long). Couple of things she mentioned which I hadn't considered though: she said that the position of the cysts (around my ovary) would make removal tricky, and that even if the dr. is *trying* to leave the ovary, I should realize that losing the ovary is a *significant* risk of surgery (my dr. didn't put it that way, and I appreciate this other dr.'s frankness). And she said, yes, if I have another episode like the last one, I should definitely call them, because of the risk of torsion (in which I would almost certainly lose the ovary). I'm not getting any younger, either, and I think I'd like to be resolved about whether or not to have one last baby before I mess with the ovary. (I know it might seem a bit silly to worry about fertility, but all 3 kids came off that ovary.) Last but not least... we're going to go with Kaiser for our insurance, and I don't know how much choice I would have about who (in their system) would be available to do the surgery. It seems like if I have the surgery, it would be worth it to have the most experienced person I could find, which may not be an option with an HMO.

(Are y'all sick of hearing about my ovary yet?)

One other silly Zism: when we're out about in the car, he *always* says, "This is the farthest I've ever been from home." (Typically, we're less than a mile from home at the time.)

Heath, L is totally ready to jam out with HJ 3-5 am (though *our* 3-5, not necessarily yours). I think she is going through a growth spurt, too, or teething or *something*, because she's been a little around that time lately.

Speaking of , it made me feel slightly better about TG hearing about all of *your* in-laws. But we may have a more complicated situation after all... mil *really* wants bil to be there, and he wasn't interested when dh spoke with him earlier, but now he is (dh talked to him last night). Guess who gets to pay for it (even if the fares have gone up because there's basically no advanced purchase)? You guessed it. : On the one hand, I know it would make mil happy and that it will be easier to assess bil's situation and try to convince him to get out of there and start dealing (with his life, not... uh, you know), the situation is just not easy or comfortable, and it won't make the holiday a bowl of cherries. Ug. Why does it seem like those who are competent get punished and wind up being responsible for the incompetent?

Okay, enough complaining from me.
#134 of 245 Old 11-16-2007, 08:31 PM

I'm a thread killer!!!

Why are we all rated as zeros?

(KK, who will go back to "relaxing" by working on my Amy Butler messenger bag.)
#135 of 245 Old 11-17-2007, 05:27 PM

oooh the amy butler messenger bag sounds fun and useful. i asked for amy butler books for christmas. and i want to make the nappy bag

operation scrapbook kindercare was fun!! (beth and i had 2 babysitters come play with the kiddos while we holed up in the basement and spread out all our stuff) although i prefer the term "papercrafting" because scrapping is just a funny word. i'm ready to hole up in the basement again this rainy afternoon and keep working on mil's pressie. although she called last night and isaac immediately said 'mom is making you a photo book!' NICE : of course whatever....but it is the nicest present i've ever given her and it would have been neat to see her real surprise kwim?

it rained an inch in the first 24 hrs of this storm. and is still raining. the basement IS STILL DRY!!! you don't know how great this is. of course i'm not holding my breath that it will miraculously be dry forever. but the landscapers brought in a bunch of fill and corrected the grade. so woooooo! i think it has definitely helped (which helps justify the cost in my mind)

kk, i'm glad you're thinking about the surgery does your other ovary drop eggs or has it been coincidentally your 'kid' ovary? i guess there's no way to know.

i need to call my ins and see if they'll cover an iud. i'm feeling like my list of 'big ticket item' purchases is too long. i need tires because my front one won't hold air. mega hazard. and brakes. and a plane ticket to oakland. or 2. i'm debating about taking isaac down for cherie's baby shower. i don't really want him with me because the shower might be at a restaurant. but i'll have to arrange care for him for a couple of days if i leave him. alternately my mom said she would drive up and stay in a hotel and take him off my hands and take him to museums in sf. i think she said something about "us" staying in a hotel and i will want to stay with cherie : but the mom option still sounds nice. mom and i cried on the phone a little more for the babe in iowa. i am struck by random crying thinking about it. mostly while driving.

ahhh doug is taking my car in for tires right now. tg 4 credit : time to change a dipe and vacuum

happy saturday
#136 of 245 Old 11-17-2007, 09:22 PM

happy saturdays! What's everybody doin, besides getting new tires and/or IUDs?

Sol got her first ever whopper of an ear infection last night. NOOO FUN.
It was a grueling night. She is much better, the ear is draining.
#137 of 245 Old 11-18-2007, 05:01 PM

no tires yet. i have a wierd size and i'm getting snow tires so they'll have to order them. doug went to 2 places though and the price differed by $30 per tire. geeeeeeeeeesh. i'm glad he's shopping around.

ahhhh. a silent house. babe is napping. isaac went to 'work' with daddy. i bet he will get to ride on a forklift. i had a work meeting with cinnamon rolls this morning big deadline on tuesday so the beginning of my week is going to suck :
#138 of 245 Old 11-18-2007, 08:29 PM

Hi Heather! Our internet service has been a little funky for years- it cuts us off at random. Sometimes it's worse than others, and lately it's been bad. So I've been reading along, but when I go to post, no luck. Today the post button worked- hopefully I'll still be connected come time to submit it.

Boys healthy, having fun scrapping (also inspired by my day with jstar to keep going on my scrapbook).

I think I won't press my luck, I'll just post now.
#139 of 245 Old 11-18-2007, 10:13 PM

i finished mine today. well, finished leaving the last chunk of pages free for future stuff. but phew! one thing off my list. i forgot to say how fun it was to see baby pics of L they grow so fast! (and ladies, W is talking) like the kid can enunciate and string words together!! so cute

i hope sol's ear feels better. i found some ear candles in the basement. i've never tried them on myself but have done the lighting for other people. hmmm i'm kind of curious

it was so grey today it never seemed to get much lighter than 4pmish.
#140 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 01:45 AM

I tried ear candles once and the were so LOUD! I didn't even do the second ear, because the noise was maddening. And we didn't get the satisfying promise of mucho ear wax removal either. Not worth repeating. Maybe that's why I'm skeptical about the netti pot.

poor sol. ear infections SUCK. Maybe even worse for the momma than the babe, but they suck either way.

I got my name (had to check the way depths of the junk mail box in hotmail, but I got the name!) I can't wait to shop for this person. it will be fun.

I haven't been online much lately. Feeling very humbled by the two kiddo thing, I just don't have a lot to offer the internet. I try to visit my favorite sites, but the most i have time for is a quick drive-by. I need the support though...

mmmm. cinnamon rolls. drool. Stupid weight watchers.

My iud is just fine. the one contraction analogy was good. pretty uncomfortable, but I could breathe through it and when it was over it was pretty much over. I didn't have much cramping afterwards, and the bleeding wasn't that bad either. I sort of can't believe I have birth control covered for the next ten years.

in-laws... we all try hard but we just don't understand each other. Everything about us is different, save our love for the same wonderful people. But you can only talk about how amazing your children/husband is for so long, you know?

lentilisms... there are new ones every day. today we went for a hike and he wanted to "run down the avalanche", which meant he wanted to run down the little hills on the hike. Of course, this ended in tears when he tripped and fell and bloodied his hands a little. But it was still very cute. The six hours post-fall of trying to help him keep a bandaid on his palm was less cute. Other isms... "You hurt my feelings" whenever we try to discipline him. not so cute. He's also really into cutting pictures out of magazines, cards, ads, newspaper, and coloring books. We have scraps of paper all over the house. I've started collecting them so I can make a collage. They're really neat- he picks out the images that appeal to him and cuts them out, and I feel like they will really reflect his little boy values once I get them onto the collage.

last lentil-ism... the other day my mom gave him this marker with five different colors of highlighters on it. He got out a bunch of paper and made little swirls all over the paper, cut them out, and called them "Blasts of cool air." then he gave them to everyone he met in the next few days. We have blasts of cool air everywhere now. i love them.

must go. tired. but thinking of y'all! sock on!
#141 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 10:38 AM

Is it Monday already?? :

A little bit of snow here this morning and we haven't even raked leaves yet---crazy!

Nothing else to say....except maybe that I wish I could drink like four cups of coffee in the morning....

Good to hear from you, EL!!

#142 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 11:14 AM

Heather--I to you for not drinking coffee. It's the only thing that can get me up sometimes.

EL--hearing you on the two-kid, not much time thing. I likened it to being a waitress and having two very demanding tables, running back n forth between them all day long.

Here's my little beef: wherever I am in this sizable house, little satellites are with me, right on me, near me, around me. The other day A started crying because I was gone for like, .076 seconds, and to be funny I said, "Here comes the president of my fan club!"

Biggest mess makers in the world!

Yesterday we had Thanksgiving because Thursday we're leaving for a trip, and I wanted to enjoy the leftovers...it was yumerooooo and the turkey meal is truly one of my alltime faves. The stuffing is always a favorite, and I made it really yummy with good bread, pinon nuts, walnuts, apples, carrot/celery/onion...mmmmmm!
Going to have leftovers for breakfast, I think.
#143 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 11:29 AM

It IS Monday already : But tomorrow is, like, Friday... or something. I love holiday weeks and hate them at the same time, you know?

I lucked out in the MIL department - she's awesome. We share a lot of the same values, ideals, parenting strategies, etc. and she's NICE. She and her partner are very very involved with the kids - they live 7 minutes away and are really helpful. FIL - not so much. They also live 7 minutes away, but are very 'busy', and I think it would be overestimating to say they see the kids once a month. They are very nice, but very distant. FIL is really emotionally unavailable, which is hard on DH. But all around, a manageable IL situation.

MY family, on the other hand : as much as I love them, I am glad they are not local.

Els, I hope Sol is feeling better! Ear infections - no me gusta.

KK I will never tire of hearing about your ovary. I had a bad cyst in high school, and it ruptured, and because we were in rural NM they diagnosed appendicitis and, yup, took out my appendix even after they saw it was fine.

Good to see you, EL. Thinking of you often.

Heath, how are you feeling?

I think I had more but my time, it is up.
#144 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 11:31 AM

Crossposted with you, els... sounds yummy! Can you believe my DH is allergic to turkey? (and chicken, and we assume other birds) So, no turkeys for us on Thanksgiving. Keeps it interesting, though.
#145 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 12:11 PM

Two things that strike me this morning:

1. Turkey allergies (and TG) never occurred to me.

2. Why would anyone take out a healthy what-not, just because they had already opened you up??? :

3. I really like the idea of the lentil cutting out pix that he likes and EL making a collage.

4. I've been procrastinating on my diss by finally working on the Warm Windows thingies : (I feel kind of guilty after dh worked so hard on insulating... it's my form of insulating). I kind of forgot that yes, I'm pretty handy with a sewing machine.

Oops. Can't count.
#146 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 12:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post

3. I really like the idea of the lentil cutting out pix that he likes and EL making a collage.

:

So, #4 means that you've been dissing your diss?

Turkey allergies--whoa dude--what are some of your alternates? No chicken in one's life? Hard, if not impossible, to imagine at this point.
#147 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 02:38 PM

i have a raging case of pink-eye in my right eye. the glued shut goopy kind. and it is painful! isaac hadn't complained and when i asked him if it was itchy he said no. and it isn't but it hurts! i look like quasimodo right now.

i'm praying the fiddleferns don't get it it was obviously lingering around our house still :

mmm turkey. i can't go to the grocery store looking like this so i think doug will have to go tonight. time to get a toiky!!!

that's crazy about the appendectomy. my SIL is having laproscopic endometriosis surgery on wednesday and they said they'll look at her appendix and take it out if it is bad. i guess issues run in the family or something (?). wierd though.

ok. lots of work today to do with my goopy eye. i do not feel like this :
#148 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 08:22 PM

are you scared of my pink eye? :
#149 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 08:58 PM

totally jstar. I mean...ewww!! :

Kids being totally cute here... HJ getting so much love from his sisters I don't think he can stand it! I think it will continue just until he starts crawling and messing with their toys!

This three kids thing is running me ragged, in a good way, but still... I'm so flusterated w/ the darn longer/slower recovery from the c...blah. I so want to get walking/exercising but just walking the mall yesterday was more than enough. :

Thankfully, we're just staying home for T-day and cooking will be fun. Really looking forward to the loooong weekend. Maybe C and I will start baking some Christmas cookies....

#150 of 245 Old 11-19-2007, 09:05 PM

Listening to Modest Mouse and thinking about emmalola.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page