Dec07 thread for May04 Mamas -- just waiting for a new Ducette... - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 386 Old 12-27-2007, 09:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
:::
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 01:19 AM

Jasmine Rayne Ducette arrived at 4:42 p.m. PST.

She ended up being an unplanned UC (with the assistance of my RN doula... )

Healthy as a horse!

7lbs. 14 oz.
20"

Nursed for a half hour within the first ten minutes of birth. Latched like a champ! And she's got lots of cute hair compared to the boys!

I feel great- I'll update later!!

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#363 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 01:57 AM

welcome jasmine!!!!!!!

congrats, danile!!!!!!!!

Woo hoo! Wonderful news. Can't wait to hear the details.
#364 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter

congratulations, danile and family! welcome baby girl Jasmine! sweet babymooning to you, mama...

~claudia
#365 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 02:36 AM

welcome jasmine, sweet girl how exciting congratulations on your UC. can't wait to see pics of cute newborn love. so glad you feel great
#366 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 02:37 AM

Welcome,sweet baby girl! Congrats, mama!!! What a lovely name!!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#367 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 10:27 AM

Congratulations Danile, and welcome Jasmine!! Beautiful name.
:
#368 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 12:47 PM

Woo hoo! Congrats! Can't wait to hear more, see pix.

Very cold here (but sparkly). Trying to entice friends to come over to *our* house to play (so I don't have to go out .

Dh was trying to be very nice to me last night, gave me a piece of chocolate while we were attempting to watch a DVD. Alas, I was tired, I was lying down (and fell asleep). L was next to me, and... fell asleep on the chocolate. This morning, she has a chocolatey dreadlock in her hair. : indeed. We're trying to get as much of it as possible out of her hair, the sheets, her jammies, etc. before a bath. This is one of those cases where it is *not* good that she has so much hair.
#369 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 01:06 PM

Yay! Welcome, Jasmine. You are so wanted and loved already. Good job giving the student-midwife-to-be a run for her money with a UC!
I can't wait for details.

I have not been online for a bit. Stupid connection at home is wonky. I am glad to check in now to such good news.
#370 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 04:19 PM

Hi everybuggy!

Welcome, Jasmine!! : : : : :

I am so excited for you Danile that you have a) a girl, and b) an UC!! That was kind of my secret fantasy with Amara, to have an UC. Definitely something that student midwife will treasure! LOVE HER NAME and totally psyched to hear she is doing so well, and you. What are you doing with the placenta?

I'm feeling good and positive, seeing a new chiropractor that is helping me so much with my neck, which is something I always am dealing with but two days ago became unbearable.
#371 of 386 Old 12-28-2007, 11:40 PM

Yay, Danile! Welcome, little GIRL. Can't wait to hear the story.

Sorry I've been MIA. First time on MDC since we left OR. Enjoying the family time and warm weather. Huge thunderstorm today after muggy, muggy morning. Aaaah, the South. Lily is as happy as a clam in mud here. It's soooooooooo nice having 6 adults around for her to bounce around; always someone willing to read to her or take her for a walk. Heaven.

Lots to respond to, in no particular order:
Lidocaine: check. Yes, HB MWs in OR definitely carry it; they can give it pre-tear if they think it's going to be bad. I personally had it afterward just for the stitches.

Chiro/cranio-sacral: Love 'em. We did cranio-sacral for Lily when she was tiny up to about age 1.5 for sleeping issues and colds. I've taken her to the chiro once after her big fall off the slide this summer. She was totally fine with it. I love the chiro for myself - in fact, just went to my mom's yesterday for a vacation tune-up!

Flower essences: same as jstar. I have the Bach's and use it every now and then when I think about it, but don't notice a huge difference.

Detergent: Jstar, if you're looking to get rid of the Biokleen, we could use it. . I've heard the front-loader thing too but we've used Biokleen in both of our front-loaders (rental house and our current) and so far no problems.

Thinking of A and your family, Lisa. How's it going? I would refuse to give a sedative at home, too. That sounds bizarre. Too much that could go wrong if you ask me, the RN. Sheesh.

Christmas traditions: we always opened one present on Christmas Eve growing up, and will probably continue that with Lily. We didn't this year because she had so many toys out already and didn't need any more excitement. We left cookies for Santa and carrots for the reindeer, plus a note. We have a pretty casual Christmas morn with one big Santa gift for Lily plus her stocking (no stockings for grownups) and then opening all the other presents. Santa also put little candy canes on the tree. My dad makes pancakes, and we have a big, yummy Christmas dinner in the afternoon. It was great to have the whole family here this year. My mom and I baked way too many cookies and other sweets so we've been trying to eat better the last couple of days. Unfortunately for my waistline Christmas means sweets and food around here. But it's so fun.

DH and I went out to a movie a few nights ago (Sweeney Todd - oooh!) and are going out to dinner tomorrow. Did I mention that it's heaven?

OK, must skedaddle. Love to my May Mamas and Happy 2008!

*mwah*
S.
#372 of 386 Old 12-29-2007, 12:26 AM

:
::
:: ::
:

Welcome Jasmine Rayne!!!
#373 of 386 Old 12-29-2007, 03:43 AM

awww...that's perfect, Sherri!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#374 of 386 Old 12-29-2007, 02:31 PM

Congratulations Danile and Welcome Baby Jasmine! So glad all is well and Happy BabyMoon to you both!
#375 of 386 Old 12-29-2007, 06:07 PM

Waiting to hear an update on the Ducettes!

Good weekend so far--went to the chiro (3x in as many days, and it still hurts) WITH the girls, and Amara of course was all over so the receptionist put a sucker in her hand and turned on nickolodeon, and when I went out to the reception area both girls were super well behaved, sitting on the couch with candy and watching cartoons. Ah! So THAT'S how it's done!
Viet is at a faire today, trying to sell his wares, so it's all me, all weekend...scary....
but we're having fun! after the chiro I took the girls to the market where we ate at a food stall, chile relleno n all the fixins, both girls ate their soup very well and then we went to the park, and that went well too. I feel like we're finding a groove.

En route home, Amara fell asleep, transfer into the bedroom went well, and now it's relax time! yay!
#376 of 386 Old 12-29-2007, 10:09 PM

Get with the candy and cartoons program, Elsanne! Where have you been, sista? Although, it doesn't work as well if you do it all the time. Er, um, so I hear.

When I am on solo duty, keeping busy and out of the house is my #1 strategy. Good luck with all that!

Thanks for all your thoughts on chiro for kids. I will admit I didn't know there was such a difference in how they adjust kids vs adults. You all made me reconsider some of my fears and I will continue to re-evaluate.

Night 1 of nightweaning went exceptionally well. Who knew merely TALKING to the child would work such wonders???? Last night before bed I was talking up the "nursies are going night night too... you can have them again in the morning" spiel and guess what? He slept from 9:30 until 6:15. I do think he understands.

But we did figure out one other thing. Mia currently sleeps on the top bunk, above Jett on the bottom. I know from sleeping down there with him that you can really hear every move Mia makes, and she is a restless (!) sleeper. Well. Last night, Mia stayed at my parents house, so he was alone in the room and I think her not being there making noise helped a lot. So looks like we're unstacking their beds this evening.

White bean soup simmering on the stove. Have I told you all how when it comes to making soup, I am the queen? The Queen, I say!
#377 of 386 Old 12-29-2007, 11:27 PM

Again, I'm eating at Meg's house tonight. 'Round here I'm munching on dry baked sweet potato that was supposed to be a lot better than it is. And, some bites of Viet's turkey cheese sandwich. ho hum.

Candy n cartoons. Shoulda known. !! And it's interesting to hear your take on keeping busy n out of the house...it worked wonders here. Shortly after I posted today, everything went to carp, when Amara woke up after a 30 min nap grouchy and then both girls were whiny and clingy. So, out of the house again, and they were happy as clams at my friend's house playing w/her son's toys.
I think again just how happy I am sometimes to have a job and get out of the house most days by mySELF. Said friend is married to a restauranteur, pretty successful, and she's due next week with baby #2 and baby #1 is one day older than Amara (who is 1.5 yo). She said that being dependent on someone is not always ducky because you lose a lot of independence, that she was always used to earning her own money. I hadn't thought of that. They have a good relationship, but still. Interesting thought, and I somehow doubt I'll ever experience it.
#378 of 386 Old 12-30-2007, 01:20 AM

I want to eat at Meg's, too. DH and I went out to a pretty nasty "seafood" place tonight and had mediocre fish-n-chips and shrimp salad. Hmmm. But the "by ourselves" part was nice. I think Lily ate ice cream for dinner, though. Gotta love the grandparent thang.

Yay for successful nightweaning! That sounds harsh but YKWIM. Hugs to you, Meg.

Time to turn in over here on the East Coast. Feeling ready to get home. Love the vacation vibe but boy, is this life different from our normal.

S.
#379 of 386 Old 12-30-2007, 04:21 PM

Here's a link to my birth story mamas...

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=818929

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#380 of 386 Old 12-30-2007, 07:49 PM

awww lovely - the snowstorm part IS very romantic. what a wonderful birth for jasmine :

sarah - the biokleen is yours. i'm kinda bummed isaac had such a reaction to it because i LIKE it. and i've been using it on dipes with no ill effects for ebin.

i too love the extra adult hands when we visit family.

we are rallying to 'organize' around here. we went through the basement with garbage/recycling/donate bags yesterday and bought shelves today to set up down there for toys and camping gear. i gave away 2 wingback chairs for free on craigslist and am selling an armoire. just waiting for the guy to get here then we're moving dressers around in our room and hanging clothing rails and shelves on one wall. yay for progress!!

yay for smooth nightweaning, meg. i hope night #2 went well too.

white bean soup sounds yummo. tonight i'm trying some barley and steak stew recipe that was in the newspaper. i dig barley....and can't recall the last time i ate it.

i better check on the maybe-napping babe. with all the screeching going on down here i'll be amazed if he's sleeping

oh and i have several poopy items to throw in the laundry. isaac had a few BRIGHT green diarrhea episodes yesterday. like the oddest color i have ever seen. i was waiting to make sure there wasn't *more* laundry
#381 of 386 Old 12-31-2007, 02:12 AM

Woo hoo! Welcome Jasmine! What an empowering birth story. I am so happy you got your homebirth, and UC to boot! Enjoy your babymoon!

And Heather, I thought I was going to die of cuteness with the thing shared oy. Either that or pick up my monitor and hug it and rock it back and forth. Oh my gosh, the cuteness.
#382 of 386 Old 12-31-2007, 10:46 AM

Beautiful birth story, indeed :

And Heather, I don't know how you stop yourself from just eating HJ. Seriously! :

My hat is off to anyone who is still cosleeping with a maybaby! Caitlyn was off to her first ever sleepover at a friend's house, and Allison moved into our bed for the evening. I forgot about the nighttime acrobatics! DH finally fled around 4:00 this morning, but suffice it to say (initially typed slay, pretty accurate too) that the adults did not get much in the way of sleep. Looks like we'll be moving into 2008 loving :

Speaking of, anybody have plans for the evening?
#383 of 386 Old 12-31-2007, 11:45 AM

Ah, juice, bummah for no sleeps. I still sleep with miss Sol but she's not so acrobatic, methinks.

Our plans tonight include a bonfire outside, and some burning of paper ala juice. Y'know, write things on there, and be done with them, or send them up as wishes for 2008. we shall see. Today I have a private bellydance lesson, yay yay, for my chiropractor's wife and daughter, which money will go right back at them in the form of adjustments. I am being treated for this neck o' mine and I am so glad. I'm in a lot of discomfort.

The bunny has stickers on her nose and ears. Wonder who put them there.

Last night Viet brought home a movie, and in it was a passionate steamy scene, and I turned to Viet and said, that couple doesn't have children. It was a stupid movie that was all about drugs, sex, and rock n roll. I could not relate, anymore.
#384 of 386 Old 12-31-2007, 01:55 PM

no plans here. one friend is having a party starting at 8 and i think 2 years ago i took isaac and stayed til 10ish. but that doesn't sound like fun at all these days. putting both kids to bed at their normal time sounds like more fun

i sleep with isaac occasionally and he's alright. but ebin woke hourly last night from 12 til 4 (grrr). and then luckily he slept, but i set my alarm for 7:30. two nights ago ebin slept for FIVE hours and my boobs leaked all over the place. thankfully i was dead as a stone that whole time - it was the first 5 hour stretch i've slept in gawd knows how long. boy, i needed that

i don't know when i'll nightwean ebin. i think a large part of night nursing *is* habit. my ped is pretty much in the 9 months+ they don't "need" to feed all night. but that's easier said than done. ebin doesn't actually pause to nurse that much during the day because he's so distractable and busy now. so i think he feeds at night because it is quiet and he gets hungry. i'll probably wait til 16 or 18 months or so. i think it IS easier when you can tell them why the nursies are going night-night. i think it is like jet-lag though. your body gets used to eating at a certain time. and when you fly around the world you're starving for lunch at 3am but your body can adjust after a few days

my long-winded way of saying i look forward to maybe sleeping in a YEAR or so

a bonfire sounds like fun but i think it will be waaaaaaay too wet here. i hope your neck starts to feel better elsanne!
#385 of 386 Old 12-31-2007, 07:34 PM

DH and I and my brother are going to a movie, then coming home and hanging out until midnight, prolly. Although it's more fun to watch the apple drop when it's live (i.e. on the East Coast), and we're at Central time right now). The fire/burning of old carp sounds fun. Maybe we'll try it.

We had a great afternoon on the beach eating a picnic and playing in the sand with Lily. Gorgeous and sunny! Doesn't feel like New Year's at all.

Lily is in the acrobatics club. She started sleeping in her own bed (right beside ours) at about 18 months, which coincided with nightweaning. She is now in her own room, since about, oh, 4 months ago?

Ducette - Loved the birth story! Sounds like you were so focused on the baby and calm! Way to go, mama. Your doula sounds great.

Think I might go make some lemon bars...mmmmmmm...

S.
#386 of 386 Old 01-01-2008, 12:33 PM

ooh! ooh! I get to start the new thread!

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page