Dec07 thread for May04 Mamas -- just waiting for a new Ducette... - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#181 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 10:26 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Yippee!!
What a beautiful boy, fernie.
#182 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 11:42 AM

juice--waiting for you
health and wellness in the air
haiku it again

LOVE that Tshirt

Danile thanks for the :loooove....

Girls are driving me crazy, Amara is banging the keyboard and Sol keeps asking what all those smilies MEAN.
Now Amara is pulling the laptop screen open toward her, completely flat GRRR
#183 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 12:25 PM

morning! i'm stealing some quiet time before my two wake up. doug was crashing around cussing and couldn't find his phone at 6:45. i rememebered it kinda got hidden under a onesie on the couch : whoops....my fault. so i'm awake but happy to sit by the glow of the tree lights (in total peace and quiet) :

i'll have to check pics.

peanut butter balls sound GREAT! mmmm

yeah the gifts thing is nuts. i am feeling kind of optimistic though because this year when they asked what we wanted i sent off a long list of ideas--things that isaac IS really interested in and i even got to write 'after all the china/lead scares lately, i really appreciate more natural toys for the boys and especially ebin who is going to put everything in his mouth'. it was a nice opportunity to put that out there without sounding too pushy or snotty (i hope). a landsend package arrived yesterday and i think it is a bunting for ebin (yay!) i'll have to wrap it later....although i was just debating about USING it! babies in buntings have to be the cutest thing

i need to take some photos of the boys and get some kind of card ordered. it might just be a new years card this year. i have a lot of work stuff going on today and tomorrow and i *have* to do some shopping and get stuff mailed. i hate the post office any time of year and really dread it in december.

danile - i feel like that all the time re: cleaning. it takes so much work just to get the basic maintenance stuff done (dishes and towels).

i hear a baby!
#184 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 03:05 PM

squirmy fussy snotty baby- oht

yes, barring major relapse, we're done with the tube.

i'll reply to other stuff tonight.
#185 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 04:56 PM

Oh Fiddle, I am so happy for you! Yay, L!

I REALLY want some peanut butter balls. Right now. :
#186 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 05:33 PM

are we revealing sock info now??????
#187 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 05:38 PM

*runs over to OY to look*
#188 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 06:27 PM

Just checking in like a good stalk-ee...

Semi-frusterated here... Contractions have virtually stopped. *Warning- possibly TMI*-

DH and I DTD this morning and nothing started back up. I know it's not true... but it feels like my body just all of a sudden gave up! I don't get it. :

Have I always been this grumpy the last weeks of my pregnancies? I hope not..
#189 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 06:40 PM

Actually, I think the grump and frustration is right on, par for the course...

Come on, Ducito!
#190 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 06:53 PM

I'm so tired... so cranky and so hungry for something GOOD.

I'm working on a white chili/soup... hopefully that takes my mind off this grumpiness. :

You mamas should post pics of your socks... I love hearing about them... but I just could not participate in yet another swap (my ddc was doing quite a few and on top of everything else it was just too much for me.) So I need to live vicariously through YOUR socks. Plus, with this cold weather... a nice pair of beautiful socks sounds wonderful!
#191 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 08:21 PM - Thread Starter

socksies: our very own pdx-mmf miss sarah-bee was my sock fairy!!! pretty, pretty, flowery knee-highs arrived in my mailbox. something i would likely never buy for myself, but i like 'em! especially the flower print! they will keep my lower legs warm and pretty! woohoo!

thank goodness for sock fairies! i will try and post some pix of them later when my children aren't playing with glass jars... :

reveal!!! reveal!!! reveal!!!

~claudia
#192 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 08:53 PM

My socks were given to me by heatherfeather. They are so very cool! I have worn them more than once, and katie asked if she could wear them, too. Heather rocks my socks!! Thank you Heather! She packaged them so lovingly and encased in a beautiful zippered bag, which now holds some of my travel items. Thank you heather! You the bestest! :::
#193 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM

Sherri was my wonderful Sock Mama. She gave me warm, EXTREMELY fuzzy, blue-n-purple beauties. They are toasty and oh-so-soft. Thanks, Sherri! I did wear them yesterday on call and they made my preceptor smile.

S.
#194 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 08:59 PM

I think I may have received the very softest socks of them all from our darling Lisa! More luxe than I would ever buy for myself and very much loved. E thanks her for the pretty velvety ribbon they were wrapped in aka the "magic ribbon."

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#195 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 09:16 PM

I'm the lucky recipient of a Sock Dreams gift certificate from Elsanne! Here is what I ordered yesterday:

http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/page...ductID_859.php
(in lime/pink)

and

http://www.sockdreams.com/_shop/page...ductID_858.php

in space grass

I'm so very excited to receive these....Thanks Elsanne!!!!!
#196 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 09:26 PM

Very cool!
#197 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 10:08 PM

This is fun! I'm narrowing it down to see who my socker was...claudia? jstar? fern? ???

Things take forever to get here....*sigh*
#198 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 10:29 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacqueline View Post
love these! need these! did you know sock dreams is local pdx? right across ross island bridge, for those familiar with the lay of the land...

~c
#199 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 10:31 PM

how do you restrain yourself pdxers???? v. jealous!

#200 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 10:41 PM

Love the sock talk!
I got mine, and love love love them. I find it pretty funny that when I read this:
Quote:
Originally Posted by fiddlefern View Post

b. I'm sorry they're sorta practical/boring. That's just the mode I'm in. I threw in something to sweeten the deal. ... I'm just really into gifts that are fair trade and useful right now.
I just thought, "Me! Me! Please, please, ME!" And it happened : I got some super-awesome super-warm, good for everything socks in my very favorite color ever (purple). They're warm and knee-length, which I wouldn't have thought to buy for myself but am very much enjoying. And in the box were some Lindor chocolates, which are my very favorite indulgence EVAH. I love them so much I've only eaten one so far.

THANKS, BETH!!!
#201 of 386 Old 12-12-2007, 10:47 PM

what on earth is more useful than chocolate!!?? I like the way you think FF!!

#202 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 12:09 AM

laughup
#203 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 02:25 AM

Mine were from Nuggets... very soft, very fluffy, very colorful, the right length--ankle (the kids have been trying to steal them off my feet). Very good antidote to winter. (We're due for some *more* snow, apparently.) Where is our Nugget, by the way? (Thank you!)

Danile, getting a big project going at the end of pg will get other big projects going... (Are you thinking girl?)

This, :, by the way, is L. Except she doesn't wear pink. And she doesn't wear bows. And she doesn't quite have all her eye teeth.
#204 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 03:23 AM

My socks came from our very own Renae! Despite her being super-busy, I received my wonderful tye-dye socks in the mail pronto, and with a cool family photo to boot! (pun intended). Said photo now graces our fridge. Amazingly, while I have several tye-dye shirts, this is my first pair of socks. Thanks!

KK- I wanted to let you know that you are my inspiration for the nuts and bolts of raising kids with a bit more freedom from gender roles. As a matter of fact, last week I bought an under-the-bed container to house L's new dress-up collection, an idea I am flat-out stealing from you. For Christmas, I'm looking around thrift shops for things to flesh out what he already has (viking hat, purse, fish hat, dog costume, feather boa). I'm thinking a tutu, a sword, an eyepatch, and a crown are must-haves.

Danile, I'm actually very glad to hear that your body is giving you a break! You need a rest before the big event.
#205 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 01:47 PM

the dress up box reminds me that SEVERAL boys were wearing princess dresses and crowns and using magic wands when i arrived at school yesterday. and one was emphatically telling the other 'i AM marrying you!'

well i was overindulged in sock love (thereby healing my (small) hurt at not receiving any gifties before) first a package from claudia arrived and i thought she was my sock mama. it said 'bonus socks' but i thought she was referring to the santa stocking sticker on the package. CUTE CUTE pink n brown polka dot socks (x2!).

THEN my real sock mama package arrived and i thought 'claudia you sneaky devil!' because i got a package from my name-twin jessica which included the coolest tie-die socks AND a pair of purple fuzzy slipper sockies. i wore the tie die ones with my BRIGHT green cords. and then when i had a migraine i headed straight for the purple ones. i'm sure they contributed to my deep sleep nap that finally cured the headache.

so thank you juice and claudia!!!!!

we went to sarah's lovely pot luck last night -- thanks sarah! that was some yummy soup :

i christmas shopped ALL day yesterday and am almost done. my goal was to mail stuff today but wrapping is going to have to wait until tonight. then i just need to get a few more small things on friday for our sisters and MIL. i'm hoping MIL will take a bag of pressies back to bakersfield with her on saturday. and i need to get something for doug next week.

and i saw about 9389798374893 things i want for myself
#206 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 02:11 PM

crap. need some baby fever advice, mamas. We have an annoying cold thing going through the house and C has a slight fever (100.4)... well HJ felt a little warmy to me overnight and I checked his temp before nap and he was 99.9 and 99.7 --so nothing remarkable except I'm clueless about how much you worry about baby fevers. His ped had said anything over 100.4 they automatically send you to the ER/hosp for abx under two months old.

When E was tiny (about same age) it turned out to be very necessary as it was the first uti/kidney infection. This time, I'm betting it's just the cold/virus thingamajig. I'm too tired to think straight. wwyd?

Messy day out there. We set out to go to OT, but when the guy in front of me fishtailed I turned around and went home and rescheduled for tomorrow. Slushy, slippery, going to turn icy mess. Came home and put my warm fuzzies on.

off to find some chocolate!

#207 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 02:13 PM

And my braggy of the day... C is starting to read/sound words out. Quirky, asynchronous development has it's interesting parts at least! :

#208 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 02:14 PM

Checking in for the am....

still here.. still preggo. Exactly one week left till my due date.

Man i'm a grumpy mama this morning. Dominic is having tantrums that I've only ever seen in horror movies. Who stole my sweet little boy? It's all I can do to just breath in and out and remind myself he's just my baby.
#209 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 02:20 PM

Oh shoot- Heather:

As far as fevers go I'm not super experienced with any under three months of age... but when Dom was a little older he actually hit a fever of 106. It was the most terrifying thing I've ever dealt with. They prepped me on how to deal with seizures and such... and that was the temp WITH tylenol in him. (Which I rarely give him). All the advice I can give is probably not sound medical advice... but it's worked well for me in the past. I would usually turn the warmth up in the house and let him go naked (so he didn't get chilled). Then I'd let him sit in a lukewarm bath and play until the water got pretty cold from sitting. It seemed to always keep it at a borderline temp that I felt comfortable fighting out. Oh, come to think of it- totally off topic- he did have a fever of 100 at 3 months old... it was after his first shots. The 106 was after shots too... that's when I quit giving him shots. He has bad reactions every time... it just took me awhile to leave my mainstream ways then.
#210 of 386 Old 12-13-2007, 08:53 PM

His temp was down a little and leaving him more loosely dressed seemed to help so who knows. Life here is always interesting...

Where is everyone today?? Not making very good baby stalkers I say. I think I shall crown myself Queen Celery.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page