Dec. 2004 ~ They're THREE! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 112 Old 12-11-2007, 06:58 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jaclyn, I'm so sorry to hear about it

Happy Birthday to all the Kiddos!!

We're all SICK, multiple ear infections, colds that won't go away. I even have a cold AND ear infection right now. Yuck! It's that time of year I guess.

slingboy.gifTaking care of 2 girls:energy.gifblahblah.gifb& a babyboy.gif born on his mama's birthday and a few chicken3.gif
#62 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 12:18 AM

Hi mamas,
Once again, I know I don't post here often, and I wasn't part of your original ddc, but since Axel is 3 tomorrow I just had to drop in again, as this is a special month!
I can't believe he's so big and old! According to a lot of you guys, Axel is big at 37 lbs.
Tonight he's sleeping in a large cardboard box in his room, and upon gong to bed was reading upside down the 'pelican brief', which he borrowed from 'Poppa', and his all time favourite 'Cars and trucks and things that go'. Last night as a two-year-old!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#63 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 02:14 AM

I have no idea how much Sadie weighs since I threw out my scale when I was pregnant the first time! But when I slammed her finger in the door and had to take her to the ER they weighed her in at 32lbs, and that was almost 3 months ago. She's definitely stretched out though, and since she's apparently on another hunger strike, (well except for bananas and pretzels), she could even be less now, who knows.

Really the food thing is making me crazy, I honestly don't know where she's getting her energy since she doesn't eat. I didn't worry so much when she was nursing, but she weaned back in October so now of course, I fret. Can nothing be easy?
#64 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 11:07 AM

I was wondering if anyone here does the whoel snack tray thing. Iris is asking me for food constantly. Sometimes she has just eaten and as soon as she gets down from the tablle she is telling me she is hungry again. I think it is about power and boredom. It is driving me crazy. I thought maybe if I offered her a snack tray she would stop asking me so much and it would take the thrill out of it.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#65 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 01:50 PM

We tried the snack tray thing, but it didn't really work for us. I've made her a space in the cupboard, on a low shelf, with snacks as well as the low drawer in the fridge. She knows she can have anything from either spot at anytime, and it seemed to work for awhile. I think right now I just have to concentrate on finding new, healthy options for her cause I think she just gets bored with the same things over and over again. It's tough though, cause she also seems to be in this weird, plain food or "white food" phase, ie plain bread, plain noodles, plain yogurt, plain plain plain. Fruits and veggies are hit and miss, except for bananas. So it's a challenge.
#66 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 02:14 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
We don't have a scale at home, but Nick is about 37 pounds. Yes, that is a lot of weight to carry! I try to avoid carrying him when possible, and he is getting better about walking. Sometimes he'll walk a whole mile at a pretty good clip!

He also seems to eat almost nothing for days at a stretch sometimes. I don't worry much about that, but I get very annoyed when he asks for some specific thing, eats almost none of it, won't let us eat it because he wants to "save it to later," and then won't eat it again so that it goes bad. :

This morning he ASKED to take a bath!!!

Latest cute soundbite: "Mama, don't do that procedure!" when I am washing his face with a cloth or some other thing he doesn't like.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#67 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 03:08 PM

That's so cute, Becca! Jett's in the same boat. He's a ravenous eating machine for a few weeks, then he subsists on air and transdermal dirt intake. (Oh, and heaven forbid I leave out the beloved nursies. He never slacks off much in that department.)

Jett's four wheeler is one of those battery operated things, like the toy ride-on Jeep Wranglers they sell. It's slow, stops randomly due to its tip sensor and the plastic molded tires are always spinning and leaving him stranded.
Last night, we stopped and looked at some real ATVs, including tiny ones that you could speed limit to keep him from getting into trouble. We got back in the truck and Jett said, "I want to call Grandma." We called up his grandma and this ensued:
Grma: Hello?
Jett: Hi!! I want you buy me 'bo we-yo"
Grma: What's wrong with your 4 wheeler?
Jett: It's out of batteries.
Grma: Can you charge it?
Jett: No. It's broke. I need new bo we-yo. The tires are plastic and don't work.

their conversation continued and we listened, but remembered that about a year ago, she plopped him on an ATV at a mall and he played happily. She said to him then, "Maybe I'll get you one of these when you get bigger." Oops!! Watch what you say, Grandma!! He doesn't forget anything.

He also said to me last night, with such pleasure and surprise..."Mama, I can say, 'Brown!'" right after he said it crystal clearly.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#68 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 03:27 PM

Hi everybody, long time no see! Marcos is 3 today! Or, as he prefers to say, "twelve".

Jaclyn, I'm so so so sorry. The same thing happened to me (minus the shock of twins) two monthS before I got pregnant with Marcos. I know what you mean about not feeling quite right- I never felt that presence, that a little someone was there, like I did with Lula and Marcos.

What a freaking amazing Christmas present for Jett! I IM'd the pictures to DP and Lula's dad, and told them that *I've* always wanted a little horse for Christmas! Lula's dad reminded me of the commercial that's out now, where the two girls get super cool new cell phones, and their friend gets an ugly grunting pony chained to a doghouse. "Does it bite?" "Yeah." I wish I could find that on youtube!

Marcos is maybe 28 pounds, and I'm glad to hear he's in good company! Little munchkin. He wears 2T pants for the waist, but the length is only good if I can find longer-than-average ones. He doesn't eat much either, and when he does it's bacon, pumpkin muffins, and pizza. Thank goodness for nursing.

Lula has requested that I tell all of you that she lost her first tooth last week! It was quite a momentous occasion.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#69 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 03:28 PM

: Axel!

...he subsists on air and transdermal dirt intake... : That is SO ds2. We called him a "breath-airian". He still doesn't eat much even now as an 11y/o. :

I hope everyone is doing well!!

If you can't take the heat get out of the Kitchen.
#70 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 03:28 PM

: Marcos!!
And happy first tooth falling out, Lula!

Oops! Sorry for the mix up.

#71 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lula's Mom View Post
Hi everybody, long time no see! Marcos is 3 today! Or, as he prefers to say, "twelve".

Jaclyn, I'm so so so sorry. The same thing happened to me (minus the shock of twins) two monthS before I got pregnant with Marcos. I know what you mean about not feeling quite right- I never felt that presence, that a little someone was there, like I did with Lula and Marcos.
Thanks! That's really a good description of how I'd felt.

Quote:
Lula's dad reminded me of the commercial that's out now, where the two girls get super cool new cell phones, and their friend gets an ugly grunting pony chained to a doghouse. "Does it bite?" "Yeah." I wish I could find that on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u-prMb6BdNs
Quote:
Lula has requested that I tell all of you that she lost her first tooth last week! It was quite a momentous occasion.
Aww, congratulations, Lula!!!!! And happy birthday, little Marcos!

#72 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 06:15 PM

Hi everyone, long time no post.

Jaclyn - Sorry to hear about the miscarriages, my heart goes out to you as I have experienced this also.

Happy Birthday to all the 3 yr olds! :, Niko doesn't reach the big 3 until the 23rd and is happily talking about it all the time. We got some Thomas the Train invites to give out and he helped me with them this morning. I am a little overwhelmed with a birthday and christmas so close together... seems like he is getting a lot of gifts!

I have no idea what he weighs in at since we don't have a scale and we havent been to the Dr since July (yippee) we are going in late January for his well check up but I think he weighs at least 30 lbs. We will find out then.

Niko is now only nursing at naptime with me since I can't come up with another way to get him down that doesn't take an hour. At night he is sleeping in a bed next to ours and that has been going on for a couple weeks and is working out great. I like having my bed back. Now we have to work him into his sisters room in a few months....

Here are a couple recent pics of the kids, and a 3 mo pic of Niko...

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/.../292826337.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/.../292826335.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/.../292826324.jpg

http://pic20.picturetrail.com/VOL83/...9/91872097.jpg

I will try to check back better than every 2 months!!

Robin
#73 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 06:48 PM

I was wondering who was still nursing. We're still nursing at bedtime. He nurses in the morning on weekends but not usually on weekdays because I'm out of bed getting sister ready for school when he wakes up.

He's decided that if we were to have another baby "He can have the left one and I'll just keep the other one." He doesn't know left from right.

It's weird, I never saw myself being comfortable nursing a 3 year old but nothings really changed. Still feels totally normal. DH seems to be less and less comfortable with him nursing but I honestly think that's a societal thing rather than a personal thing.
#74 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 06:48 PM

Very cute pictures!
#75 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Happy Birthday, Marcos!

Well, we're still nursing a ton. It's been stepping down gradually for the last two years, but at a slower pace than a lot of nursing pairs. Right now we're nursing to sleep, nursing in the middle of the night about half the time and sleeping through the night half the time, cluster nursing awake, and then anywhere between 2 to 10 times during the day depending on our sitch.

We had a big snow this morning then a long power outtage this afternoon... we all sat around the fireplace as the light left the sky, then Charlie fell asleep nursing in the firelight. It was really lovely. And Yule-ly.
#76 of 112 Old 12-12-2007, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnviroBecca View Post
He also seems to eat almost nothing for days at a stretch sometimes. I don't worry much about that, but I get very annoyed when he asks for some specific thing, eats almost none of it, won't let us eat it because he wants to "save it to later," and then won't eat it again so that it goes bad. :
Sadie does this too, but she says "put it on the counter". At the end of the day the counter looks pretty yucky.

Sadie weaned in October, when my supply dried up, but still asks for mommy milk. She just lays her head on my chest. Every once in awhile she starts to latch on then just stops. It makes me wonder if she'll try again when the baby comes.

In other news, I almost hate to say it out loud for fear of jinxing myself, but Sadie has been SLEEPING. Woo hoo. Like 8 hours without waking up. I never thought I'd see the day!
#77 of 112 Old 12-13-2007, 08:43 PM

I popped in to say Happy Birthday to our DDC babies.

I can't believe we're in the "childhood years." Holy Cow!

I weaned Douglas last month (since someone asked about nursing) and I still have milk. As in, look at my friends' baby pictures and let down, milk. He'd happily resume if I let him but he never seemed to slow down. *I* needed to stop. I never imagined I would actually wean a baby, but he was a month out from three and making me nuts. (because)

Douglas doesn't stop eating. : He will eat adult portions and then ask for more. It's funny because the more children I make the less picky they become. He shows no evidence of food allergies, as well, so I am so grateful there.

He's funny, too. Like many of yours, he chatters up a storm. He was my most challenging two year old by FAR, but he's finally calming down. I just went through my blog from the last year for the Christmas letter and I was stunned by both his antics-- only a fraction made it to the net-- and by just how much he's changed in the past year.

This was Douglas on Thanksgiving, being held by his 7.5 yo sister: http://www.wolfmeisters.com/2007Nove...ayingmommy.jpg

Happy Holidays to you ladies. Good to read your updates!

Jaclyn I am sorry to hear your news. Take it easy on yourself!
#78 of 112 Old 12-14-2007, 02:06 PM

We got our tree last night. It. Is. Huge. Almost 9 ft tall and 5 ft wide. It's in the garage now, but we'll set ip up tonight. So carrie see's the tree and FREAKS OUT. She's horrified of it. I asked her this morning why and she said...
"Pissmas Tee is Stinking Huge."

#79 of 112 Old 12-14-2007, 08:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamasgroovin View Post
We got our tree last night. It. Is. Huge. Almost 9 ft tall and 5 ft wide. It's in the garage now, but we'll set ip up tonight. So carrie see's the tree and FREAKS OUT. She's horrified of it. I asked her this morning why and she said...
"Pissmas Tee is Stinking Huge."
I literally cackled at my desk reading this!
#80 of 112 Old 12-15-2007, 10:00 AM

"pissmas tree" is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time.:

We are having Iris' birthday party this afternoon. It is just going to be my Mom, my sisters family, and my friend and her husband. Very low key but we are looking forward to it.

We bought her a bike to replace her bike that was stolen (, a flat screen light bright (that I think she is way too little for but DH insisted and I lost the argument), and I put together a container full of arts and crafts. I think three gifts is a decent amount seeing as how last year we went so overboard she coouldn't even focus.

I hope everyone is having a nice weekend and staying warm.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#81 of 112 Old 12-15-2007, 11:00 AM

I told my dad's wife about the pissmas tee yesterday. She is in the hospital recovering from lung surgery. She couldn't stop laughing. Oops.

Carrie is no longer afraid the pissmas tee. It's in the house. We will be decorating it today. I'm SOOO excited!! There's a couple inches of snow on the ground, and it's still coming down. Truly a perfect first tree experience for our new home. I'll post pics later.

#82 of 112 Old 12-17-2007, 12:30 PM

pissmas tree, so cute. Rozzie calls ours the "ho ho tree" and everything christmas related is a ho ho.

So pic comparison
Right after birth
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...a/rozbirth.jpg

And with Santa on Saturday
http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b1...hristmas07.jpg
#83 of 112 Old 12-19-2007, 10:30 AM

Happy birthday Carrie and Sadie!!
: : :

Sorry ~ hate to toot my own horn...but...

#84 of 112 Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 AM

Happy Birthday!!!!! :::
#85 of 112 Old 12-20-2007, 09:35 AM

Carrie's b-day was a delight. No real party, but a friend and her 2 kiddos came to play. The little girl (2.5ish? ~ oops, I've forgotten now and Carrie had Carrie's boom box cranked up and they were dancing on the bed and running and jumping and acting all insane. Just like little girls are supposed to. I have a little girl. Wow. THAT is crazy.

Also...
I've decided to share this post with you. Please don't feel obligated to read it, but it's about Carrie, who I sometimes refer to as my Christmas Miracle. THAT might be a stretch, but it's a pretty cool story. WARNING~ it's a bit of tear jerker.
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...&postcount=215

#86 of 112 Old 12-20-2007, 12:10 PM - Thread Starter

Aw, thanks for sharing, mamasgroovin. Very cool.
#87 of 112 Old 12-20-2007, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
Aw, thanks for sharing, mamasgroovin. Very cool.
: That was a really wonderful story. What a tale for Carrie to learn as she grows up!

We celebrated Jett's birthday last night, two days late. After all the sickness and other troubles here, we just weren't ready on his actual birthday. He didn't know the dates, though, of course...so it was all good.
Diggin' In! Birthday Boy

#88 of 112 Old 12-20-2007, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past_VNE View Post
: That was a really wonderful story. What a tale for Carrie to learn as she grows up!
Thanks.
And a happy belated celebration to Jett. Love the diggin in photo!

#89 of 112 Old 12-21-2007, 01:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Past_VNE View Post
: That was a really wonderful story. What a tale for Carrie to learn as she grows up! [/URL]
It totally made me bawl though.

Late birthday wishes to Carrie and Jett. Sadie's birthday was so fun. She had a blast. I was a little bummed that none of her little friends were going to be around for a party, (everyone's out of town for the holidays), but wanted to make her day really special anyway. So my mom and I took her to the Ritz Carlton for their annual Teddy Bear Tea. It was a super nice tea service, although Sadie was completely hopped up on sugar by 10:30 in the morning with all the sweets they had on her plate. I think she really felt grown up sitting there in the tea room. They had a reading of "The Night Before Christmas", a marionette show, and then Santa came. We all had a lot of fun. Then last night we had a nice dinner with my family. I made her the cake she requested, vanilla with pink and purple flowers. And then she opened her presents. The evening ran way too late and she was overtired and wired by the time I got her to bed, but all in all it was a really great day. Today, not so much. But it's to be expected after all the activity from yesterday.

Jaclyn - has Jett always been that blonde?! He looks like a regular beach boy!
#90 of 112 Old 12-21-2007, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadiesmom View Post
It totally made me bawl though.

Late birthday wishes to Carrie and Jett. Sadie's birthday was so fun. She had a blast. I was a little bummed that none of her little friends were going to be around for a party, (everyone's out of town for the holidays), but wanted to make her day really special anyway. So my mom and I took her to the Ritz Carlton for their annual Teddy Bear Tea. It was a super nice tea service, although Sadie was completely hopped up on sugar by 10:30 in the morning with all the sweets they had on her plate. I think she really felt grown up sitting there in the tea room. They had a reading of "The Night Before Christmas", a marionette show, and then Santa came. We all had a lot of fun. Then last night we had a nice dinner with my family. I made her the cake she requested, vanilla with pink and purple flowers. And then she opened her presents. The evening ran way too late and she was overtired and wired by the time I got her to bed, but all in all it was a really great day. Today, not so much. But it's to be expected after all the activity from yesterday.

Jaclyn - has Jett always been that blonde?! He looks like a regular beach boy!
Oh, that sounds lovely!! Tea at the Ritz?!?! Sweet!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page