Dec. 2004 ~ They're THREE! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 112 Old 12-21-2007, 03:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Mighty-mama... I am so glad she came to give us an update that one time about Amy's family... so sad that we won't hear from her again. The only comfort in this whole situation for me is that at least they are together now.
#92 of 112 Old 12-22-2007, 04:00 PM

Yeah, I just found out about mighty mama too. I just don't understand it at all. That is just too much heartache for one family to go through.

Mamasgroovin, that was really a special story. I am so glad you have Carrie. It looks like you two had a great mother-daughter relationship. I hope it goes that way with me and Rozzie.
#93 of 112 Old 12-24-2007, 10:31 AM - Thread Starter

Things have been crazy here with all the Christmas preparations. There are a million other things I should be doing now, but I am still trying to fully wake up, sitting here with my coffee.

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to you all! I have been popping in and reading this thread, and that's about it.

Of course I was following the story of mighty-mama, and now I think I need to distance myself from it a bit because I think of her, Amy, and their families a lot.

On one hand I think it is good to remember that each day could be our last, but on the other hand, it makes me so sad and freaks me out.

I wish I could truly "live each day as if it was your last". I would not do laundry, dishes, vacuum, dust, pick up toys...... I would just play with my kids and truly enjoy them. Get down on the floor and smother them in hugs and kisses. Unfortunately, if I did that, nothing would ever get done, and then if it was NOT my last day, I would have that mess to face the next day, which I would also be trying to live as if it was my last... You get the idea.

So, I've been having these thoughts a lot lately. Maybe it is good that I have been reminded that I could go at any time. I have definitely been thinking about what's important, and what's NOT, and overall I have been in a better mood with my boys... But I am still just so, so, sad for Amy and Jessica's families.

Sorry I wandered off there for a minute.

I also wanted to say that I don't know what we're doing for Eli's birthday yet. My dh asked for the evening off, and the $%@#$^% railroad declined it. So Daddy has to sleep until probably 1:00 pm and then leave for work at 5:00 pm that day. We may take him to Chuck E. Cheese in that timeframe, but we have also discussed - since he doesn't know the difference - pretending like the next day is his birthday, since Daddy will be off that day. I just hate the idea of pretending like it's not his birthday all day Saturday, when really I know it is.

Jörð, anything new with you? I saw your name the other day when I hit the "New Posts"....
#94 of 112 Old 12-24-2007, 01:34 PM

I was waiting to say anything in light of the sadness regarding mighty-mama and Past_VNE. It's ok though.

We've decided to have another baby! I'm fairly certain i'm pregnant but the testing part has been kinda hairy. Pos, then neg, then sort of a shadow... I'm going to test again later this week to be sure but I've got all of my typical early pregnancy symptoms. I'll be due some time between Sept 5-10th.
#95 of 112 Old 12-24-2007, 03:01 PM

Merry Christmas!! (Almost, anyway! )

Yeah, Jörð! : Congrats. :

Mighty-mama has definitely put things in perspective for me as well. I never knew Amy, nor Jess, but their tragedies are so hard to swallow. Or even accept. My heart aches for their families. Having watched the torment of a dying cancer victim, I am thankful for her and those who love her that the suffering is over. May they find peace.

If you can't take the heat get out of the Kitchen.
#96 of 112 Old 12-25-2007, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Merry Christmas, to those of you who celebrate it! Good Yule plus a few to the paganus among us. (And Happy Sol Invictus to us diehard traditionalists.)

We're having a nice, mellow holiday. MIL was supposed to come over for Swedish meatballs last night and presents today, but she hurt herself trying to clear her driveway of ice and isn't feeling up to visiting. We're concerned about her and sorry not to see her, but enjoying the unexpected just us-ness and getting to be our messy, quirky selves all day. We're making Christmas nachos later on. (Regular nachos but with slivers of chateaubriand for the meat. Plus champagne margaritas.)

Congratulations, Jörð! That's wonderful news. I'm sending : all the way from Nova Scotia towards your belly.
#97 of 112 Old 12-25-2007, 10:18 PM

Happy birthday to all the kids!!

Wyatt's birthday and the holidays have just been delightful. So relaxing and full of good food and just the right amount of snow and presents galore. I'll have to stop back later with details, this is just a quick HAPPY YULETIME post.
#98 of 112 Old 12-26-2007, 02:05 PM

Well I was violently ill on Christmas, I actually tossed my christmas cookies so hard I broke blood vessels in my face.

Jörð congrats on TTC! I hope the test turns positive soon and stay that ways.

I'm still pretty weak so I will talk to you all later.
#99 of 112 Old 12-26-2007, 03:06 PM

Feel better!!
And sorry, I had to chuckle at the tossing of the Christmas cookies comment. :

#100 of 112 Old 12-27-2007, 03:12 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Get well soon, Rozzie's Ma!

Nicholas turned 3 on Monday! We celebrated with a family excursion to ride both the subway and the incline railway, since he is a big train enthusiast. We went into Station Square (old train shed converted into mall) to use the restroom and found that there was a small train driving around in there, too, which he could ride for $1! So it was quite the train-riding day.

For birthday cake, he requested pumpkin cornbread, which I happened to have already made on Saturday, so we just reserved one pan and stuck candles in it.

We had discussed whether to go to church at 4:00 for the "family" service with Christmas pageant or at 10:00 for the lengthy service with lots of carols. Nick said he did not want to go at all. I figured, okay, it's his birthday, he doesn't have to go...but I wanted to go to the 10:00, so we'd agreed that he'd have bedtime with Daddy. At the last minute, he wanted to come with me. He sat very quietly for the first 20 minutes, then conked out and slept on the pew for the whole rest of the service, even the trumpeting! I'm glad he was with me. Christmas Eve always will remind me of the one 3 years ago when we got to our postpartum room at 10:00 and I realized that at that moment all my church friends were singing about the wonderful birth of a baby boy, and I looked at my two-hour-old son and felt so joyful and triumphant! I did not sing him Christmas carols that first night, because my throat hurt from labor, but I sure thought them, and they get me all choked up now. O holy night!

We unpacked my old computer (Macintosh Performa) and set it up on a low table and covered it with a snowman tablecloth. Nicholas noticed it in the middle of Christmas breakfast: "Oh! What's that?!" "It's a Christmas present. You can open it after breakfast." He actually did wait until he had finished eating. He is very excited to have his own computer. There are a few games he understands well enough to enjoy, even if he's not playing them as intended, and he's able to use drawing software pretty well.

Happy holidays and birthdays to all!

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#101 of 112 Old 12-29-2007, 11:06 AM - Thread Starter

Today Eli is 3!

Funny how things work out. Good thing dh didn't make a big huge deal out of them denying his day off today, because he ended up being home anyway. (I won't get into the complicated railroad details. )

We are heading up to see family today and go to Chuck E. Cheese, which he has been asking about for months.

And he requested a "Cars" cake, so we'll be eating some of that today too. We saved out one Christmas present that we decided to make a birthday present - a "Shrek" game of some sort that involves hiding the little figurines under cups and having to remember where they are... right up his alley since he is constantly asking if we can play a game.

Jörð, sorry if I made you say something before you were ready... I just saw that and was so happy for you! Hope you get a + soon!
#102 of 112 Old 12-29-2007, 12:40 PM

: Eli :

#103 of 112 Old 12-29-2007, 01:28 PM

The funny thing is that C has been saying the weirdest things. He'll walk up and ask out of nowhere when I'm going to have the baby or tell me that it's a girl with big muscles and then he heads off, arm curled and grunting.. Either he knows something is up or he's a little weirdo. The dog seems to think I smell different. Normally not a big sniffer, she won't leave me alone.

So yeah, if I'm not we're ALL nuts.

::HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELI! ::
#104 of 112 Old 12-31-2007, 10:39 AM

a huge Happy Birthday to all the kiddies who I've missed!!!!

I have to get caught up on the thread but I wanted to say Happy New Year!

Mom to Iris and Henry
#105 of 112 Old 12-31-2007, 02:25 PM

It's my Dougie's Birthday!

Happy Birthday little man!:
#106 of 112 Old 01-01-2008, 11:20 AM

: Dougie!!
And Happy New Year, everyone!!
:

#107 of 112 Old 01-01-2008, 01:54 PM

Well, that was quick. I got my period this morning after a pos test yesterday. I almost expected that since this is my first cycle without my IUD. I'm ok. Happy New Year!
#108 of 112 Old 01-01-2008, 09:40 PM

Oh, A...I'm sorry you didn't get that positive. Lots of wishes for a quick positive for you guys!!

Birthday wishes and hugs all around to those little ones I missed recently.

Christmas was crazed here...we had 12 people here all day, including Jett's 7 yr old cousin. They had a blast together. All of our guests have gone home now and it'll be kinda quiet around here until next week, when my brother shows up for a week and a half.

Jett has been a bear lately, between being sick for the last few days and the growth spurt and its accompanying attitude problems before that...I've been ready to wring his little neck. Today is the first day with an improved attitude....let's hope it sticks.

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#109 of 112 Old 01-04-2008, 07:11 PM

is there a january thread and I am just not seeing it?

Mom to Iris and Henry
#110 of 112 Old 01-05-2008, 12:43 AM - Thread Starter

Nope, there isn't one yet. I guess that slacker Jenelle hasn't gotten around to it yet!

#111 of 112 Old 01-05-2008, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenelle View Post
Nope, there isn't one yet. I guess that slacker Jenelle hasn't gotten around to it yet!

Not too much exciting here, but I DID want to brag on Carrie's communication skills for a brief moment. Last night she very politely and sweetly said, "Mine ear not feeling well. It made weird sound."

The 3 boys were NEVER that well spoken (in fact, some of them still aren't. ). Any who, that's about all I got on the 3 year old front...for now.

#112 of 112 Old 01-05-2008, 12:25 PM

here is the new thread ladies...
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...4#post10193504

Mom to Iris and Henry

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page