Dec. 2004 ~ They're THREE! - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 112 Old 12-01-2007, 09:55 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Happy December, everybody!

Sorry I don't have much time, but wanted to get started in our NEW forum.

I really think we should share pictures this month. Anybody wanna start?
#2 of 112 Old 12-01-2007, 11:41 AM

OMG!!!! It's December?!?!?!?!

How could that possibly be???

SAHPilot Mama to a 5yoson, a 17 mo old daughter, and wife to .
Worried about your baby's head shape? PM me for craniosynostosis info!
#3 of 112 Old 12-01-2007, 11:43 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have some Halloween pics of Charlie up on his blog. I'm picking up the ones from his birthday party today, so they should be up tonight.
#4 of 112 Old 12-01-2007, 11:52 AM

Woo-Hoo!! :
Aren't you on the ball Jenelle!!

If you can't take the heat get out of the Kitchen.
#5 of 112 Old 12-01-2007, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green betty View Post
I have some Halloween pics of Charlie up on his blog. I'm picking up the ones from his birthday party today, so they should be up tonight.
Sweet pics!! BBL with mine.

#6 of 112 Old 12-01-2007, 11:54 AM

I can't believe it!

I have not kept up with all of you through out the years, : .... but I saw this thread on New posts and wanted to stop in and say hello to all my former due date buddies!!!

Photo of my soon to be 3 year old is in my siggy.

I promise to come back and check in on all your cuties, and see more pictures.

Happy Birthday December 2004 Babies!

Kristina; wife to Max, Mom to Tristan (17) and Zackariah (7) and Lillian (5)
#7 of 112 Old 12-02-2007, 01:11 AM

Hi mama's, I know I"m not from your ddc, but I pop in every now and then to see if you're experiencing the same things as me!
Is anyone else's nearly 3 year old suddenly crazy and very hard to handle?? I'm having a tough time over here, with my previously sweet, fun, high-energy little boy.
And I'm sad I had to find this in The Childhood Years!
A

Amanda; mama to: Axel (Dec/04), Evangeline (Apr/07) and Ramsey, (Feb/09) born unassisted! Jethro Vader (Apr/11) and #5 due April 2014. 
#8 of 112 Old 12-02-2007, 02:02 PM

Subbing

Mom to Iris and Henry
#9 of 112 Old 12-02-2007, 07:03 PM

wow, we've got 3 year olds! we've got KIDS! this is amazing.

wyatt is napping right now. he's been such a dream this weekend - dh has worked som uch this weekend, 13 hours yesterday, 8 today - we had our first blizzard so he had to be at work to keep the lotso cleared, etc. he maintenance and snow removal in the winter, gardening the other seasons ... anyway, wyatt has been so fun this weekend - though he sometimes gets really quiet and says "i miss my dad."

his best friend at school, cole, turned three last week, and his mom brought him underwear for the day. so now wyatt has announced that he is "big. three." and will only wear underwear. Its going great! one accident a day, usually in the morning at a predictable time (I could catch it, but the teachers at school don't seem that in tune, yet). I think he'll be potty learned by the end of 2007.

can you belive its going to be 2008 soon????

I wish I could write more, but I've got loads of grading to do. i didn't check in once last month and I hope to be around more in December!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to our KIDS!
#10 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Oh man I can not beleive they are three this month!

The kids all look so big in everyones' pics. I think I'll try to post some of iris on here later.

What kind of celebrations are you planning/have you had for their brithdays. This year Iris wants a Tea Party. I am going to try to keep it very low key andf yet as "fancy" as it can be for a three year old.

Mom to Iris and Henry
#11 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 11:49 AM

let me attempt this altthough my links often fail.

This is something we do on another board I belong to and I think it is realy neat to see they wayt they change.
It starts when she was just born and then shows one,two, and almost three.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=8EZMmTlw4btB-

You may have to copy and paste the link

Mom to Iris and Henry
#12 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 12:46 PM

I just took this one this morning.

#13 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 12:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nannymom View Post
let me attempt this altthough my links often fail.

This is something we do on another board I belong to and I think it is realy neat to see they wayt they change.
It starts when she was just born and then shows one,two, and almost three.

http://share.shutterfly.com/action/w...=8EZMmTlw4btB-

You may have to copy and paste the link
Aw nannymom she is so sweet!

Here's Julian:

2 days old
1 1/2 years
Just about three and making a face!

We are just going to have a family birthday party for Julian.
His favorite people in the world (grandma!) will be there, and I know that will mean a lot to him. I would have liked to do something like a bouncy house with his friends or some other sort of active themed party, but I didn't get around to organizing it this year. Besides, we are about to have 10 kids over for playgroup and I think that will wipe me out for a few weeks!
#14 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 01:54 PM

We aren't having a party, but we're going to let Jett pick where to eat out or what to eat at home.

We're buying a mini horse that's trained to ride as his birthday/Christmas present. (It's just about the only thing we feel is worthy of doing a dual gift thing.) He looks a little like this mare.

We're also going to install a tire swing and have one little present to unwrap.

I'll update with some photos soon.

#15 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 05:01 PM

Sorry to invade the tribe -- but HOLY COW J, fabulous gifts there!! Little j is gonna flip! Keep me posted and may we be the first in line for a pony ride? :

Mama to Zach 6-18-04 & Naia 10-13-10 Partner to the sweetest DH. Loving our life afloat. TV Free!
#16 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 06:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
I've always wanted to have a preschooler!!! I mean, it was very interesting and exciting having a baby and toddler, but now he's really a KID!

Nicholas is doing well aside from some temper and whining issues. He has lots of ideas about what ought to happen! He talks very well, tells stories, sings, and has broadened his literary interests to include chapter books and comics. He has a great memory and notices lots of details.

My favorite thing lately is his imaginative play. A recent example:
ME: [getting out of shower] Oh, good morning, Nicholas. I didn't realize you were in here.
HIM: Mama, give me that towel! [takes other towels down from hooks]
ME: But I'm using this towel! What are you doing with all the towels?
HIM: I am making many small pillows. [folds towels]
ME: Okay, you can have this one now.
HIM: This my laundry bag. [wraps folded towels in it and carries bundle into bedroom] Daddy, wake up! Here's your present!

He's been toilet-trained since August and hasn't had a daytime accident since maybe September, but he does wet the bed at times when he races around until he drops in exhaustion without having been to the bathroom recently.

Mama to a boy EnviroKid treehugger.gif 9 years old and a new little girl EnviroBaby baby.gif!

I write about parenting, environment, cooking, and more. computergeek2.gif

#17 of 112 Old 12-03-2007, 07:53 PM

Love all the pictures! They're all getting so big. Where did the time go?

Sadie's doing great. She surprises me every day with some funny thing. I'll try to post some new photos soon. I've found that I don't have much online time these days, don't know why.
#18 of 112 Old 12-04-2007, 11:19 AM

I've got hand, foot, and mouth disease! : I'm assuming I've got it from Wyatt, who must be carrying it from someone at preschool, but he's asymptomatic, thank goodness cause I wouldn't wish these little puss filled blisters on anyone!

we also have been exposed to lice. :

gosh I wish I could be a SAHM sometimess!!

in other, happier, news -- dh and I have been talking about creating rituals for our family, especially in regards to celebrations, and we decided that one that we accidentally started on wyatt's birthday last year is one we will continue: on wyatt's birthday we'll go find our christmas/yule tree, bake cookies and decorate them and the tree. then have his birthday cake and open a present or two -- as we get more financially stable, it is our goal to travel as a family on christmas/new years (our wedding anniversary is in there real close, too) so our intention is to have his birthday presents be related to our family trip (new swimming suit if we go to the beach; book on animals if we're heading to a special zoo, etc.)

we want to invite family (and, as wyatt gets older, his friends) to this pre-holiday birthday decorating bash, and that will help us reserve christmas and new years just for us as a family.

this year, we are gong to TRY to be able to afford a weekend trip to a cabin in northeast iowa, about a 5 hour drive, for our 10TH WEDDING ANNIVERSARY! that will be our holiday trip (I say TRY to afford, because we had a wall/window issue with rot and termites that has dried up our "trip" savings account ).

so, now that we've decided about the celebration, and invited my mom and step-dad down for it, I'm really looking forward to wyatt's birthday!
#19 of 112 Old 12-05-2007, 02:27 AM

Oh no Rainy, that sucks! I hope you feel better soon. And we were exposed to lice last year, so I know that pretty much stinks too. Tea tree oil shampoo is supposed to help, I guess the little buggers don't like it.

Your plans for Wyatt's birthday and your 10 year anniversary sound great! I still don't know what we're going to do for Sadie's bday. 2 of her 3 little friends are going to be out of town, so it looks like it'll be just family again this year whatever we end up doing.

I put together a few pics, Sadie 0 - 3 years...

http://www.kodakgallery.com/I.jsp?c=...&x=0&y=-ukrspk

side note: as you can see in the last picture I am already quite the butterball at not quite 17 weeks along.:
#20 of 112 Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 PM

Charlynn, great pics. And you are SO not a butterball!

Wheredya get the snow?
#21 of 112 Old 12-06-2007, 09:52 PM

Dude, I'm in denial. I looked and looked for the December thread in Toddlers.

C's birthday went fine. We had a whole weekend full of fun between both kids birthdays. I'm pooped!

How are all the pregnant mamas feeling?
#22 of 112 Old 12-06-2007, 10:58 PM

totally in denial about not having a toddler... tomorrow is the big day...

evidence of his big-kidness hit me yesterday - he was resisting a nap and asking for an apple, and i was saying that he could have a snack after nap time but that for now he needed to go lie down. a few minutes later a little voice calls from upstairs "mama did you know an apple is not a snack?"

potty - we EC'd - he's been grad for a long time, but seems to be like any other potty trained kid his age... more misses while traveling and with disrupted routines. the occasional i'm too busy or too stubborn to admit i need to go potty accident.

party - having a smallish one this weekend... 4 families coming. trying to keep it way simple - not presents, no loot bags, just hanging out and having cake & ice cream (vegan versions of both if we can swing it ).

picture - hope these facebook links work: http://mit.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...7&id=513215371
http://mit.facebook.com/photo.php?pi...4&id=513215371

in keeping with jewish tradition, we haven't cut his hair yet, but will for the first time once he turns 3. i'm heartbroken in advance about my boy losing his sweet wispy baby curls

one thing he's not being so big kid about is his renewed interest in nursing. he weaned sort of by accident just before DD was born. he was 27 months and went several days without nursing and forgot how to latch. the first 4 months he tried and tried to do it again but couldn't figure it out. then he stopped asking. now he's been asking again in the last week but still can't figure out how to latch. i hate to tell him no, but i just don't like the feeling of nursing without a latch : i feel conflicted about his weaning so i also feel conflicted about his renewed interest...

Rosemary & Gary :
James 12/04 & Cecelia 4/07
#23 of 112 Old 12-06-2007, 11:53 PM

Jett is sick as a dog. I think it may be an actual influenza, as I just got over 5 days of miserable sickness that had me practically wishing to die.

Regardless, tonight Flicker showed up. About 5 minutes after getting cleaned up from one vomit fest, he heads out to see his 'present' and was literally speechless. After getting him out to the barn, he found his words and wanted to ride right away. Well....the saddle is his Christmas present from my mom (my childhood saddle) and expecting only a moment of 'riding', I set him up on Flicker and snapped a few photos. I could hardly beg him to come back down, he just kept saying, "I need saddle. I want to ride, Mama." Well, we came back in a few minutes later to sign the bill of sale and he has another vomiting episode, the poor guy. A short while later, he nurses down and is now sacked out in my bed, while the linens for his bed are in the dryer.

What a night. Jett and Flicker (Terrible photo, happy kid.)
Here are photos from the last several days, and one from when he was three weeks old.

#24 of 112 Old 12-07-2007, 12:02 AM

Thanks Rainy. I guess I just feel huge! That was a snow day in Fullerton - the smallest, iciest patch of snow they could find apparently. But all the kids seemed to love it.

Had my amnio today and got a pretty good look of the baby on the ultrasound. Not 100% sure, but it looks like we're having a boy! I'm a little nervous now, a boy, I don't know ANYTHING about boys, well you know what I mean. I grew up surrounded by girls. I never even babysat for boys. There's extra stuff there that I'm not sure how to care for!

So if anyone has any suggestions for names we sure could use the help. Boys names are hard! We'd already settled on a girl's name, cause we kinda thought we were having another girl. Brian is not super creative in the name department - he did say that he wanted a "guy's" name, and nothing goofy, whatever that means. His suggestions were Steve, (as in McQueen) and Vince, as in, I don't know, muscle car guy? You can see what I'm working with here. Not to offend the Steves and Vinces of the world, but I was thinking of something a little more interesting.
#25 of 112 Old 12-07-2007, 12:04 AM

Jaclyn, we posted at the same time I guess. Love the photos! Poor Jett. But he does look happy!
#26 of 112 Old 12-07-2007, 12:16 AM

Congratulations on the news, Charlynn!!

I promise boys are fun....I was always scared of having girls, but am finding myself mildly 'hoping' for one, afterall.

I wish I had a good suggestion for names. We are fresh out, having used the only one we really liked. It freaks me out, to this day, that his first name is officially Steven and that it's so boring. I worry he might someday go by it. How 'bout that for a dumb worry? I almost wish we had come up with a way to make Jett his first name, not the middle. Ah well....no biggie.

I just ate some ice cream and now my stomach is in knots. Not the brightest, eh?

#27 of 112 Old 12-07-2007, 12:23 AM

Well we talked about using Steven, cause that sounds good with the middle name, Walker, (both Brian's and his dad's middle name as well), but worried that it'll get shortened to Steve, which sounds horribly dull with our last name. I'm obsessing, I know.

Oooh, ice cream...good idea!
#28 of 112 Old 12-07-2007, 10:03 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Charlie just got his first haircut and it looks great but he looks sooooo much older. He's got the cute little 70's type bowl cut now. I'll post pics on his blog soon.

Just a couple months ago I was wondering if he'd ever speak in sentences and now he's standing next to my desk saying, "This is Santa's sleigh and this is Santa and these are the reindeer and Prancer is my favorite but I like Blitzen too and they're going to deliver presents to my house because they know that my house is the yellow house even though it used to be a white house and then they put candy in the stockings 'cause we hang the stockings over the fire." It never stops.

Charlynn--I want to throw "Charles" in the hat! My Charlie is actually John Charles DH'sLastName. I loved it before he was born and I love it even more now. It's well known without being too popular. I think it goes great with Walker. And with Sadie, as in, "Sadie! Charlie! Time for dinner!"

The one thing I wasn't prepared for was women cooing, "Chaaaaarlieeeee!" everywhere we went when he was a baby. It was like living in an episode of Charlie's Angels.

Also, you look totally amazing.
#29 of 112 Old 12-07-2007, 11:09 AM

Jaclyn, Flicker is such an amazing gift! You are the coolest parents ever. Somehow, I didn't realize that he was actually *getting* Flicker, I thought you were renting her, not buying her .... Sorry to hear Jett is sick, glad you're getting better.

Charlyn, Brian wouldn't want our help with naming, LOL. If we had another boy he would likely have been "Waylan Quoyle," seriously. Or "Liam Ezekial." We also like Jeddediah. But i think Zeke and Sadie would sound good together, and go nicely with your last name. ( I think you're right, Steve Yourlastname doesn't work ... Steven's a bit better). HEY: find some great surfer or biker that Brian could name him after! Lance??

But dont' freak about having a boy. I sure did and now I've found its wonderful and amazing and easy. (except when its not, but then its not because he's a boy, anyway).

Wyatt is SO into the hugely long sentences. We have true and actual conversations now. We also have ones like this:

Me: Wyatt, your coat is on the floor. Can you please hang it up?

DS: It isn't a coat, it is a dragon, and it lives on the floor of the entry way.

OR,

Me: Your coat is on the floor, can you please hang it up?

Ds: No its not.

Me: Yes it is

Ds: Unhuh

Me: Uhuh

DS: Unhuh

Me: Uhuh. I get into the 3 year-old thing a bit too much.
#30 of 112 Old 12-07-2007, 12:16 PM

ps i love walker as a middle name.

and, another idea --- Seth.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page