going to a no-sleepover policy - Page 7 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#181 of 183 Old 02-03-2008, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We've never had any issues with food when our Jewish friends come over. I don't think they are really strict with what the kids eat, I think it's more them right now, maybe when they are older it will change. (Last night we had one Jewish family and one Catholic family spend the night.) Around the holidays, my kids do Hanukkah stuff with them, and they do Christmas stuff when they come over. I think they have fun learning about each other's traditions.
#182 of 183 Old 02-03-2008, 01:18 PM

We don't do sleepovers. I don't see the point in sleeping at someone else's house. They can eat, play, have a good time, and come home. I don't feel like sleepovers added anything to my childhood, just as I feel that not allowing them for my children will be taking anything from theirs.
#183 of 183 Old 02-03-2008, 01:57 PM

I read some, but not all of the replies. I'm shocked at the number of folks who don't do sleepovers? I just find it to be such a huge fun part of growing up. At this moment I have two extras in my house from a super fun sleepover last night. We made personal pizzas, watched a movie, popped popcorn, played video games, played Chutes and Ladders, everyone dressed up in costumes, etc. They were finally all asleep by midnight Of course they all woke up around 7am and we made pancakes and eggs. Now everyone is playing or watching TV. They'll nap like superstars later.

Darned near every weekend one or both of my kids is either at someone else's house or we have someone here. It's a ton of fun imo!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page