Top o' the year to you, May (04) Mamas! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#301 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 11:41 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We're : here today too! And sick coughing kids with snotty noses are plentiful. Thankfully HJ only has minor symptoms atm, but my loud coughing makes him cry! His : is eh. Called for a feeding eval per convo w/ our awesome ped. 4-5wk wait seems like forever!

My head is fluff on 4 hrs sleep, I should have just haiku'd it:

cough and snot abounds
little mister man won't eat
phlegm is not your friend

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#302 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 01:24 PM

a most excellently constructed haiku, heath. fabulous choices of words. wish you weren't all sick and wish HJ would : : for feeding eval soon. oh, and btw, your E is hilarious.

in other all about me news, i have an iphone!!! just activated it, like 2 minutes ago, though, so no idea what it's going to do for me yet. but woohoo! new toy! that's only for me! well, and the 3.5 year old obsessed with youtube.

~claudia
#303 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Just here with a little whine. L had the hardest time going to sleep last night. She woke up with a slight fever, and all this crusty stuff around her ear. (Oh, so *that's* why you couldn't sleep. Z is complaining that his ear hurts, too. And I have a major sore throat and hurty ears, too. I imagine that the 3 of us all have some kind of virusy ear nasty. Never again will I comment on a prolonged period of wellness (as I did NY's Day)... I feel like I've cursed us. Off to the shower to try to decongest. (who was it asking about that? I wouldn't do a decongestant... I'd do lots of steam, the saline nasal stuff, lots of liquids, etc)

Howdy to the new folks.

If phlegm is not my friend, and phlegm is not Heather's friend, who *is* phlegm's friend?

And this is all I have to say to Renae: :
#304 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 01:52 PM

My bff told me about the neti pot and I've looked around and can't find one. I've been laying with my head hanging off the side of the couch and doing saline that way It seems to help though. I took the kids with me in the bathroom this morning so they could breath the steam. Kade started gagging as soon as we got out and puked everywhere I guess it worked though...
Last night he was worse than the night before. He cried off and on until 2 am.
He seems fine now, he keeps looking at me, saying "yay" and clapping

I'm 26, DH is 27. I got my username from my hubby. Meesa is his nickname for me and 143 are the number of letters in the words I love you. It started with ebay and now that's my username everywhere.
I met DH our last semester of high school. I used to ditch my last class to watch him play soccer and juggle The 9th anniversary of our first date is in March.
Things I like to do: crafty stuff I'll do pretty much anything, snowboarding, water skiing, I have a shopping habit, anything outdoors.
DH and I are fire performers(not so much since I got pg with K), we juggle, eat fire, stilt walk, etc.
Ummm...that's enough about me.
#305 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 02:44 PM

Saige did her own hair this morning. She put it in a ponytail and put some clips on the sides. She is so proud of herself, it's cute
#306 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
DH and I are fire performers(not so much since I got pg with K), we juggle, eat fire, stilt walk, etc.
whoa. you are cooler than cool, like elsanne cooler than cool.

and how funny about the 143. bill and my "special" number is 8, for the number of letters in the phrase i love you. there is a cheesy story about that, but toddler is preventing me from typing it out now.

and i am very much liking my new iphone, yes, yes, i am.

~claudia
#307 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 04:42 PM

"get people bedded"? They have a name for that service: pimpin'!

lolol just had to laugh. Because otherwise, I'll cry...

ladies....

help me here:

I'm pregnant. And I don't know what the hell I'm going to do...

option 1) Abort. This would be because I don't think I can do this again, and money is always a worry and issue (which I don't feel is a good reason, because things always work out). My heart is not in this choice.

2) Have it. Assuming I carry it to term. My support network might just roll their eyes at "accident" #3.

The irony is that I made the appt probably within days of conceiving to get an IUD, which was today. However, I still wasn't bleeding, and she (the doc) recommended a blood test which came out positive.

Ack. Ack. ACK. I don't know what I want from youguys, because opinions on my situation I do not want. I want a hug. I want a circle of women to crowd round me while I cry and then I want to go to the mountain and ask what the hell I'm supposed to do.
#308 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 04:43 PM

I dislike long days too. IT's too hard on Lilly. She gets grumpy and short with her little brother EACH and every time. Poor things.
#309 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
"get people bedded"? They have a name for that service: pimpin'!

lolol just had to laugh. Because otherwise, I'll cry...

ladies....

help me here:

I'm pregnant. And I don't know what the hell I'm going to do...

option 1) Abort. This would be because I don't think I can do this again, and money is always a worry and issue (which I don't feel is a good reason, because things always work out). My heart is not in this choice.

2) Have it. Assuming I carry it to term. My support network might just roll their eyes at "accident" #3.

The irony is that I made the appt probably within days of conceiving to get an IUD, which was today. However, I still wasn't bleeding, and she (the doc) recommended a blood test which came out positive.

Ack. Ack. ACK. I don't know what I want from youguys, because opinions on my situation I do not want. I want a hug. I want a circle of women to crowd round me while I cry and then I want to go to the mountain and ask what the hell I'm supposed to do.

I am praying for peace in your situation and that you come to a conclusion that YOU can live with. It's your body and you are the one that has to live with whatever action is taken. Please know that we're here for you sweetie. It's so tough honey. (((((HUGS)))))
#310 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 04:48 PM

Oh, elsanne! Biggest of hugs to you. Hang on, it's going to work out.
#311 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:02 PM

Ok, this calls for a supportive-loving-empathetic smilie parade...

:
:::
::::
:::
:

I wish I knew the right words to say, or to tell you what to do, els. Give yourself some time, some space to think and ponder. See if Viet can take the girls out somewhere for a long time so you can just think/be sad/whatever.
#312 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:04 PM

Oh Els,

I will not push my advice on you since you clearly just want the support. Sit and cry with me anytime. I believe in you. You can do it. Of all people- you are Elsanne! Major *HUGS*! And who cares what your "support" group thinks! This is the one time you will hear me get anywhere close to profanity.. LOL... SCREW THEM. No matter what they should be loving you for the amazing woman that you are!

We love u Els!!

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#313 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:08 PM

Els--*hugs* I've always felt an energy of three kids with you, a boy specifically. : Now that I know that three is crazy busy fun, i wouldn't recommend against it. Take some time with yourself and really listen to what your heart is telling you. Always here for you no matter what.

#314 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:10 PM

Aw Heath. I'm feelin' the boy energy too. Ack. Ack. ACK.

Still in freakout mode, and LOVING the supportive words everyone. Thank you.
#315 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:14 PM

Elsanne, I'm so sorry you are faced with this decision. We love you no matter what. :::
#316 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:15 PM

And speaking from my experience with "surprise" may babe Dom...

I don't think there are such things as accidents or mistakes... some things seem to happen whether we are ready or not. Sometimes we can only make the best choice for us- no matter how scary and have faith that it will work out for us in the end.

Let us know if there is anything we can do besides just support.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#317 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:18 PM

Viet is voting abortion. *sigh*

*double sigh*
#318 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:27 PM

els: major super duper mondo giganto s

you need a mini retreat, methinks. one day of quiet, silent meditation on a mountain, out in nature, something, somewhere. you need to figure out what YOU need and want to do. although viet gets to VOICE his preference, he really has NO SAY in making this choice. it is your choice alone. which is the scariest kind of choice, in my opinion, because when i have these choices, i get to revel in the gloriousness of it but also suck it when it's the suckiest.

you need a trip to see some MMF. that's what you need. yup.

~c

p.s. after your iud/miscarry sitch, i totally thought to myself she is destined to have another child, that's just the energy i feel from her. yes, i am the woo-woo. support, support, support from me for whatever you choose, though.
#319 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:29 PM

Elsanne- You have my complete, utmost support no matter what you decide. I am sending you warm, loving support from my innermost woman-loving midwife heart. Only you know what is best for yourself, your body, your heart, your family. Thank you for trusting us with your thoughts.

Sarah
#320 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 05:38 PM

I don't have any advice, just lots of support and hugs
#321 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
p.s. after your iud/miscarry sitch, i totally thought to myself she is destined to have another child, that's just the energy i feel from her. yes, i am the woo-woo. support, support, support from me for whatever you choose, though.
I too thought this but hesitated to say so. thanks tc. Whatever Els decides, I'm behind you!

#322 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 06:47 PM - Thread Starter

Ug, I've been there (and hence, I have 3 kids). My first thought was where Viet was on this, because it would be hard (but not impossible) to do it alone. And yes, since the IUD thing, I've been wondering if you were pg again; just felt it. Might have more to say elsewhere.
#323 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 08:00 PM

what gives? seriously. I must have royally pissed off the universe or something.

hj spiked a fever and ped is sending us to the ER. Whee! The fun dowsn't stop around here.

#324 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 08:18 PM

Dear Universe,
The May Mamas need a collective break. Enough is enough.

Sincerely,
Jessica

Heath, please update when you can. While I'm sure he's fine, I'm thinking of you and sending you a very warm cup of cyber-chamomile tea. And a big, fat : all around.
#325 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 10:03 PM

Thank you for representing us Juice.

: at the universe

#326 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 11:25 PM

Heath, please let us know all is okay with HJ. I am sending you "coping" vibes, and once all's clear, "thriving" vibes. Lisa sent me a card that I have on my mirror that says, "Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant." which reminds me to not just be in harried-mama mode all the time. Just, 99.46% of it.

Well, we're processing here. It's not lovely, although I am strangely peaceful at this exact moment (not, however, 10 minutes ago. so, very up and down). Viet has not changed his position and that pares down my options to some pretty yukky ones:

a) Abort, resent him for a long time. Maybe forever.

b) Abort, try to get over it and move on.

c) Have it, without his support. Ouuuch.

d) Have it and hope for his support. (is that the same as c?)

e) Move to Bali and drink daiquiris (virgin) until it's time to birth. Send girls my love.

f) Hide under the covers and wish fervently this were a bad dream.
#327 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 11:43 PM

Oh, and Meesa, fire performers? Very stinkin' cool. Especially the stilt part. I learned how to walk on stilts once upon a time and it is not easy. I liked how you just tossed that out there last. You are funneh!

Happy to have fishbike back too!

Youguys can't imagine what your words mean to me. Love the smilie parade, keep going back to it and looking and smiling. Sarah's midwifetobe words, TC's "just knowing", KK's sweetest pm and more. Love you all.

Part of my ponderings include a strong sense of boneheadedness for playing with fire, like jstar said.

another is that this child would be a Libra. LOVE libras.

another is that if Viet wants me to get an abortion, he can pay for the whole stinkin' ordeal, thankyouverymuch. And, most likely, lose me in the process.

Ugh. More thoughts as they arive.

Heath, also want to comment on the genius haiku. I am not so drowning in my misery I can't keep up with y'all.
#328 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 11:48 PM

Els- if you consider option d, please message me. i have a very personal experience i'd like to share.

#329 of 532 Old 01-18-2008, 11:54 PM

I'd love to hear it, Danile! pm away!
#330 of 532 Old 01-19-2008, 12:56 AM

elsanne, I can't get past the fact that even in your most conflicted hour, you are an evergiving friend. When you feel totally tapped, when your life is coming up all around you, you somehow find it in you to give props to your friends, and that is only the beginning of what makes you such an amazing person.

And yes, I said your life is coming *up* around you, not down. I have too much faith in the universe to think that this is some crazy punishment for you.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page