Top o' the year to you, May (04) Mamas! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#361 of 532 Old 01-21-2008, 08:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
HJ seems glad to be home as am I. I have no idea how I am truly. Just fried.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne View Post
SOOOOO GLAD TO HEAR from you heath. how are you both?

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#362 of 532 Old 01-21-2008, 09:28 PM

Heather! So glad you're home and HJ is feeling better. I feel like I can breathe again...

Meesa, sorry you're still sick. Sounds like the decongestant might be called for after all.

Renae - glad you're feeling better. Kids are not easy. They can hurt us. Glad you got an evening out to rejuvenate.

Els - I appreciate the updates, too. I totally hear you. I'm thinking of you often and am glad you are feeling peaceful and "right."'

Love to all my dear mamas.

S.
#363 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 03:19 AM

I have missed a lot since my last post.

Heather, I am so happy to hear that you are back from the hospital. I am so glad your doctor sent you to the ER, and that HJ is ok. That's some scary stuff. I am really glad the GI appointment got moved up (at least that's what I'm assuming, since you mentioned a feeding eval in a month- are those diff appts?). I am wishing you all the support you can get with your family right now.

Elsanne, I am appreciating you sharing all of your thoughts about this with us. For what it's worth, I have had a couple almost-babies myself. First was a time where I thought I was pregnant, but had just been exposed to a nasty chemical reaction (chem lab screw-up) and was seriously thinking about aborting, but it turned out I wasn't pregnant. The second was a barely-started baby I didn't know I had until I had a miscarriage. Those almost-babies are still with me, not really as a sad thing, just there. And I am thankful that I have the two boys I have, not four kids!

You have so much wisdom about what the right thing is for you and your family, and I have faith in that. I love that you are trying some natural methods before you try the high-intervention routes. It would be hard for me to "wait," but I think it is beautiful that you are seeing if you can work with your body to reach the outcome you need. I love you mucho, mama.

Renae, you are such I strong, sensitive soul. Rowan is blessed to have you as a mama. You are teaching him so much.

Meesa and KK and Jstar, I hope you and your families feel better very soon! January is often the sickest month for my family as well.

KK, thinking of you and your brother's anniversary.

I was just thinking today about how W is becoming a little person. When he was younger, I sort of thought of him as a being, but I didn't really get it that another PERSON had joined our family. A combo of that nice long trip to cali with just him, and the fact that he's turning 1 soon, have really got me paying attention to the little human soul that he is.
#364 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 04:19 AM

hi. wow this is a busy place. my life is starting to settle down, just getting over walking pneumonia, so another 3 weeks before i'm fully recovered. dd is doing good, getting over the flu also.
otherwise i think the universe just might give me a break.
hugs to all

single mama to DD 5.09
#365 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 11:02 AM

Eccomama, way back when before my world imploded (so like, Friday morning), I posted a number of questions I'd love you to answer, just so we can get to know you a bit more. Answer all, or none, as you please...that way we have something to tease you about later, like Meesa who is also new around here and walks on stilts with things on fire. Which is easier than raising children.
Sorry youguys are having the sickies, that indeed sucks.

Thanks FF for your words. I am now living exactly what you wrote there "I'd have a hard time waiting" because now it's exactly that for me--once you make the decision, you almost don't want to wait a day more...I have an initial consult for the procedure today, because my instincts are telling me the natural methods aren't going to work. Although, I keep plugging away until the big day. TC told me about a woman in a similar situation who talked to the baby inside her and convinced it that now just wasn't the time, and together they created a miscarriage...she told it much more eloquently but I'm trying that, too.
#366 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 11:39 AM

Just wanted to say good morning. We're off to the chiro and I'll post more at "rest time".
(oh yeah, I mentioned we had a chiro appt yesterday, huh? Haha, no, because of the holiday it is actually TODAY. Luckily I remembered that BEFORE we drove 20 min. )

Anyway, I seriously you all! Talk to you later.
#367 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 12:07 PM

Good morning, lovelies! Hope the day dawns bright and healthily for all our recovering human beans...

Els- I remember learning somewhere (book? lecture?) that pennyroyal works, but the dose needed pretty much makes you sick before it actually works. I.e., the therapeutic-toxic window is pretty small. So don't make yourself sick. I'm pm-ing you about something else, too...

Cold! here. It was 48 degrees downstairs this morning...:

S.
#368 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Eccomama, way back when before my world imploded (so like, Friday morning), I posted a number of questions I'd love you to answer, just so we can get to know you a bit more. Answer all, or none, as you please...that way we have something to tease you about later, like Meesa who is also new around here and walks on stilts with things on fire. Which is easier than raising children.
Questions? Where are the questions? My tired mommy brain can't phantom where they might be.

single mama to DD 5.09
#369 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 02:45 PM

Shouldn't we all answer some questions too so that the newbies know who we are?

Heather, huge sigh of relief that you are home at least. I can't imagine what the last few days have been like for you - actually given your luck, I can't imagine what the last YEAR has been like for you. Big hugs and loving support from me.:

I think it is : here too. There is snow on the hills and it is making me all nostalgic for the midwest. The reality is that my orange tree is just about ripe though so not too bad, eh?

Els, I am thinking of you and wishing for patience and resolution for you today. I know I would be going at bit bonkers if I were you. That said, your thoughts and your sharing of them at this time have made me love you even more and respect you immensely. You are so deeply Elsanne. And that is the biggest compliment I can think of right now.

to all the MMF!
#370 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 02:47 PM

meesa, so cool about the fire stuff. One of my best fiends is a fire performer. Have you been to burningman? We have been a couple of times and loved it. I am constantly scheming on ways we can go again, but with three kids (two little ones) I don't see it happening anytime soon. I can barely care for myself out there, not sure how taking kids would work. Scary (for me). Anyway, hope you are feeling better today.

FF, I can relate to the "wow, it's not a baby, it's a PERSON" sentiment you wrote about. I had the same experience with Jett. And it's happening again as we approach his second birthday. It's still a few months off, but he just seems to be morphing into such a DUDE lately. Very few baby behavior. Lots more tearing it up toddler behavior.

Els, thinking of you all the time. Lots of love coming at ya.

Renae, I feel like maybe I own you an apology for telling you to let the shoe thing go. I noticed (rather self consciously) that no one else said anything like that. I suppose I could have offered support without going so far as to tell you exactly what you should be doing. I'm a bit of a fixer and it comes out wrong sometimes. Sorry.

We all had a long weekend and I am more than ready to send Mia off to school at 11:00. Anyone else have a hard time not feeling drained by the CONSTANT talking from their May babe. I feel bad, but it drives me seriously batty sometimes.

Speaking of, I am being called now.... mommy! mommy! mommy! mommy! mommy! mommy! :
#371 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 02:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamameg View Post
Anyone else have a hard time not feeling drained by the CONSTANT talking from their May babe. I feel bad, but it drives me seriously batty sometimes.

I'm a bit of an introvert, and she's a total extrovert, and really there is a running convo all day long. That and everyone in the house needing to talk to meeee and only meeee at the exact same moment. Husband included.
#372 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 02:53 PM

So, I said I would post more at rest time...but Mama needs some rest time, too. :yawning:
Not much to report anyway, just offering love and support to those who need it, and thanks to those who were offering me the love and support the other day.

It's :coooold: here today, too. When we got home from the chiropractor the wind had started blowing, and now it's all grey out.
Rowan REALLY needs to take a nap, he woke up too early this morning and he and DH have their music class this evening. : I can't even imagine what the kiddo will be like if he doesn't sleep!
Well, I won't be at the class, so it's not my problem!
I'm hoping he'll wear himself out playing for a bit, then pass out for an hour or so. I can dream, anyway.

Enjoy the rest of the afternoon, everyone.
#373 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post

I'm a bit of an introvert, and she's a total extrovert, and really there is a running convo all day long. That and everyone in the house needing to talk to meeee and only meeee at the exact same moment. Husband included.
:
I am an introvert too and perhaps the only one in my family. It is a bit crazy making!
#374 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 03:14 PM

Quote:
hI there eccomama! What made you choose your username? I see you are a newbie around here, bwa ha ha ha ha!!!! *rubs hands together gleefully*
here is a quote with the original questions from elsanne. i found them, oh, like 4 pages back. busy week, we've had chatting, what with events occurring the way they have.

~claudia
#375 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 05:42 PM

I'm in need of some support. I took Kade into the doc today. He has a double ear infection and most likely rsv. He started wheezing last night and he has had a fever of around 103 for a couple days. His cough sounds awful. He's not eating well and early this morning, he threw up all over the bed. I didn't get any sleep last night, I was waking up every 15-30 minutes checking on him.
I just need a break!

Quote:
Have you been to burningman? We have been a couple of times and loved it. I am constantly scheming on ways we can go again, but with three kids (two little ones) I don't see it happening anytime soon. I can barely care for myself out there, not sure how taking kids would work. Scary (for me). Anyway, hope you are feeling better today.

Anyone else have a hard time not feeling drained by the CONSTANT talking from their May babe. I feel bad, but it drives me seriously batty sometimes.
No, I haven't been to burningman. DH has wanted to go for years, but we've never made it. We have gone to the smaller Utah burn quite a few times though...lots of fun. I don't think I could take kids with me either.

I was just thinking about the constant talking. I feel bad too, sometimes I have to tell her that mommy needs quiet time for a minute We're also trying to teach her to wait her turn. She interrupts us a lot, especially at dinner.
#376 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 05:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post
everyone in the house needing to talk to meeee and only meeee at the exact same moment. Husband included.

I totally feel like the center of the universe in my house. *sigh* stardom can be so droll.

Today in bellydance class (taking, not giving, thank gawds) we started to do some slow movements, which are so intense, and I started thinking about how some of them represent birth and death, and how close to those I am, and I burst into tears, in the middle of class, and rushed out. Wah. So sad, at the moment, that this is a decision I am faced with. Ugh.
#377 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 05:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
I'm in need of some support. I took Kade into the doc today. He has a double ear infection and most likely rsv. He started wheezing last night and he has had a fever of around 103 for a couple days. His cough sounds awful. He's not eating well and early this morning, he threw up all over the bed. I didn't get any sleep last night, I was waking up every 15-30 minutes checking on him.
I just need a break!
We cross posted, but I wanted to extend a to you, that is so miserable. You DO need a break. Any break possibility in your future?
#378 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Today in bellydance class (taking, not giving, thank gawds) we started to do some slow movements, which are so intense, and I started thinking about how some of them represent birth and death, and how close to those I am, and I burst into tears, in the middle of class, and rushed out. Wah. So sad, at the moment, that this is a decision I am faced with. Ugh.
Oh Elsanne, s

Quote:
I'm in need of some support.
You totally have my support! I am so sorry it has been tough and sleepless. We just got my youngest through double ear infections with antibiotics for 50 days! Biactin was the only one that helped in the end. The very first day she went to daycare she came home with an RSV exposure note. Sick kids are unfair.

Quote:
She interrupts us a lot, especially at dinner.
I don't know if this has mileage for you, but the one thing that helped us with Eleanor's interrupting was to not interrupt her and give her our eye contact when she spoke. I didn’t realize it but we tended to tune her out : and that was obviously frustrating her and causing grumpy behavior. FWIW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
here is a quote with the original questions from elsanne. i found them, oh, like 4 pages back.
But wasn’t there more than that? Something about how you met your partner and stuff like that? I forget, obviously.
#379 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 06:21 PM

There WERE more. How did you meet your podner, I think...

Also, Lisa, just want to say how awesome your prev. post made me feel. I really was touched by it, thanks.
#380 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 06:27 PM

Els and meesa! I hope whatever your ds has gets taken care of soon. I'm holding you both extra close in my heart.
#381 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 07:05 PM

Quote:
Wait, aren't there some terribly nosey and invasive questions we all have asked/answered along the way that we could ask of these new gals? I am so happy to have fresh blood!

Something like: how did you pick your username (got that one to ecco in prev. post, see above), how did you pick your spouse and meet him/her, what else? oh, what do you like to do in that fantasy time called "spare time", any interesting tidbits about yourself? What is something about yourself we would never guess? How old are you? etc....
found them. didn't go back far enough.

~c
#382 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 08:17 PM - Thread Starter

I feel like I'm totally sneaking off to post... :

Quote:
FF, I can relate to the "wow, it's not a baby, it's a PERSON" sentiment you wrote about. I had the same experience with Jett. And it's happening again as we approach his second birthday. It's still a few months off, but he just seems to be morphing into such a DUDE lately. Very few baby behavior. Lots more tearing it up toddler behavior.

snip

We all had a long weekend and I am more than ready to send Mia off to school at 11:00. Anyone else have a hard time not feeling drained by the CONSTANT talking from their May babe. I feel bad, but it drives me seriously batty sometimes.

I'm totally right there with L (thinking that same thought this morning). I suppose it makes sense, since Jett and L are only a couple of days apart.

And Z is *totally* where Mia is at. Did I ever mention that when L's speech therapist finally met Z (she comes when he's at preschool), the whole picture became clear for her: there is literally not enough oxygen left in the room for L. One of the things we work on is taking turns speaking so she gets a chance, too.

Quote:
I just need a break!
Ug, rsv, ug ug ug. You have my sympathies. Poor little guy. (I had a night similar to yours, except mine was because poor stuffed up coughing L just wanted to nurse every 1/2 hr). Winter germs are the WORST! What do you do to take care of rsv?

Quote:

I totally feel like the center of the universe in my house. *sigh* stardom can be so droll.

I feel like the acrobat who's riding the bicycle, with the rest of the troupe balancing precariously on my shoulders.

I'm sorry about the intensity in class, but also glad you're able to express your feelings. Let us know when you have something scheduled. :

[quote=A&L+1;10356163]Oh Elsanne, s

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboClaudia View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by elsanne http://www.mothering.com/discussions...s/viewpost.gif
Wait, aren't there some terribly nosey and invasive questions we all have asked/answered along the way that we could ask of these new gals? I am so happy to have fresh blood!

Something like: how did you pick your username (got that one to ecco in prev. post, see above), how did you pick your spouse and meet him/her, what else? oh, what do you like to do in that fantasy time called "spare time", any interesting tidbits about yourself? What is something about yourself we would never guess? How old are you? etc....

Should I go first? And can I add a question? Extemporize on your path to mamahood. (Have we ever talked specifically about that before? I know at least sketchy version for most of you, but it's a bit fuzzy in my brain after 4 years.)

My username is super creative. My first 2 initials are KK. I am a mama. (But seriously, extended relatives called me KK when I was small, and dh does, too. I am occasionally known as SuperKK, though I believe that username is already taken here, or I suppose I'd switch.)

Went to high school with dh. Dated, but were separated because of religion/schooling/etc. Found each other again 6 years later, got back together, etc. (Known each other 22 1/2 yrs, married 10 1/2.) Spare time: I like to garden :, knit/spin/sew/do other crafty stuff , read:, hike, not always in that order. Interesting/unguessable tidbits... uh, I'm left-handed. I swear a *lot* (not in front of my kids). I have seen Nelson Mandela speak, live, in person. I have freckles. I *love* Jane Austen (a little too much and have gotten in the habit of rewatching the BBC version of Pride and Prejudice yearly. I'm 37, soon to be 38.
#383 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 08:24 PM

meesa--oh no! I'm so understanding of the need for a break and wellness.

els--*hugs* you are loved!

GI appt productive...more when I have 2 hands to type. basically, hj has a month or so to get it together and : or a tube may be in the future. actually okay will any of the possibilities s a thriving baby is most important...

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#384 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 08:55 PM

Continued hugs and support to elsanne.

SO glad Heath and HJ are home! :, boy, eat!

meesa, speedy healing vibes to everyone. I know the feeling of Just. Needing. A. Break.

I'll be back to answer questions later - tribe willing.
#385 of 532 Old 01-22-2008, 10:55 PM

SO MUCH s and support to Elsanne and Meesa.
And continued to Heather and HJ.
A break. Like, for real, man.
#386 of 532 Old 01-23-2008, 02:45 AM

Hi gals.

Well, it's done: I've taken the pills that should "bring back my period". I really want to blog this crazy thing but don't dare. The experience of being in this situation, the thing I never thought I'd do, the illegality of abortion in Mexico except for Mexico City (4 hrs away), the brave and warm woman whose midwifery career is being eclipsed by her illegal practice because she's the only resource around, her extra room in her house turned into a clinic, the visions of my son, whom I've asked to come 'round a bit later, when times are a bit more flush, the cramping in my belly.

"extemporize"? kk gets many extra credit points for using that word.

When I got pregnant with Sol, which was my intro into motherhood, I had been living with Viet for about two years, and had no intentions whatsoever of doing a family thing with this fun, bohemian, po' ass Mexican artist. It threw me into a tailspin and into the therapist's office, and threw Viet into "completely-emotionally-unavailable" land, and to call my pregnancy with Sol traumatic is just about correct. I was very, very alone and very, very sad, even though V was still in the house. I got all kinds of illnesses, and had a pretty sucky pregnancy. I still cry thinking how hard those times were for me.
Sol came, and we did the best we could, until she was about 14 mo old and we decided to live separately, which was great for both. Then Amara appeared...we lived separately for a long time, even though we were still together, until A was about a year old, little by little he began spending more and more nights, moving over more and more clothing, taking over the spare room. I was/am glad, because we're getting along and working it out.

However, I'm still paying ALL the bills and just by the hair of my chinny chin chin, as well...obviously I'm a little obsessed with this topic right now because I can't seem to stop mentioning it (at least in my head). Even though I said that money is a horrible reason to have an abortion, because the universe always provides, that is the main reason--that, and the surrounding pressure to work and be the mommy of a newborn and two others, I just can't do it. I will drown. I will be ever further from the thriving elsanne and overwhelmed by survival mode. When V and I spoke about this pregnancy, I started to senses him pull back, and away, and my GREAT NEEDINESS for all kinds of support to make it through this, and I felt that pit of despair much like with Sol's pregnancy, only made that much harder by the need to care for/provide for them, and myself, and I just can't tell you how panicky that feels. Then my boss calls and yells so much I'm sure I'm going to be fired.

I feel the need to explain myself, probably mostly to myself, but also to some of the newer girls, who may be tempted to judge (oh! we are so transparent! as I write this, I know I'm the one judging myself here...). So anyway, there it is.
#387 of 532 Old 01-23-2008, 03:26 AM - Thread Starter

Let he who is without sin cast the first stone. (I won't be casting any stones, folks.) And mega ((((Elsanne)))). You don't need to explain. Life is complicated. Decisions are complicated. There are no easy answers. Even when we make decisions which we feel are the right direction, it doesn't mean that they are easy to carry out.

I have some understanding of your pregnancy with Sol (my pregnancy with L had some similarities... different reasons, but still difficult... so hard to be sad, conflicted, sick, and pregnant). I have some understanding of your pregnancy right now (some similarities to an earlier pregnancy... oh, how it weighs on you, oh, how it can feel like your body, your biology is your enemy and has gone against you).

I just want things to be okay with you, for the YOU (and all that orbits around you) that is here and now to be okay.

Els, you might want to check out NPR's Talk of the Nation site... today was the 35th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, and there was a program about abortion and how abortion is something that doesn't get/can't get talked about. (Try this link, date was 1/22/08, definitely read the comments of the blog thingy.)
#388 of 532 Old 01-23-2008, 03:40 AM

Jumpin in to say I'm alright...

had stomach flu and feeling like crap with a migraine. Jaz won't sleep now... took her to the chiro this morning. the chiro. Tell more later... she was little miss sleepypoo since the appointment... now it's wide awake girl keeping me company in these hours.

I need to be : but can't quit : and want to be
#389 of 532 Old 01-23-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Well, it's done: I've taken the pills that should "bring back my period"...
As I read this whole post (not just the part quoted above) I imagined myself getting out the quilt that my great grandmother made and wrapping it around you. It was a surprising and clear image in my mind, so I feel compelled to share it with you. The quilt is blue and white only, and in my mind I can imagine the sound of it unfurling around your shoulders.
#390 of 532 Old 01-23-2008, 02:29 PM

and then, els, you shall lay on the couch and I'll read you poetry out loud (or to myself when you want to nap) and we'll talk about our already here beautiful children and their fun and not so fun moments, what we wish for our lives, our hopes and dreams for our families... and we'll drink tea and run to the bathroom to pee whenever we need. and

~claudia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page