Good things are happening in February, May '04 Mamas!!! - Page 11 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-22-2008, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Juice View Post
ABALONE!!!

I like to say, whenever anyone is silly enough to ask how old my kids are, that Allison is three and a half, and that she really, really means it. She takes her job very seriously.
Thanks for the giggle Juice.

And Dominic definitely is living his threes "with a vengeance" :

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-23-2008, 02:34 AM

Danile.
river boats! (I can't even spell baloney! Bologna? There. )

Old 02-23-2008, 04:58 PM

So... we're moving.

He got the call today. We have to be there by the 16th. HELP!!!!! :

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
Old 02-23-2008, 05:01 PM

Wow, Danile, that's a LOT of things to have on one's plate. : How are the kiddos today?
Old 02-23-2008, 05:32 PM

Danile---phew! Sounds like in the end it will be a great career move for him, but yikes! This will definitely call for all your teamwork skills! Keep asking for anything and everything you might need and accept any help offered! We moved into a fixer upper when I was veeeeery pregnant w/ C and it was a lifesaver to have people jump in for every odd task that needed doing. Jealous that you'll be closer to the PDX MMF crowd!

Need to stop futzing around here and go do some toy organizing/rearranging!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
Old 02-24-2008, 02:32 AM

must clean filthy house before bed, since we've got guests coming tomorrow for brunch (a college friend and his new wife). Dh rocks as a poppa, taking good care of 2 snot-nosed kids for 27 hours straight, but goodness we have a lot to cleaning up to do.

Danile- sorry that Jaz is so sick! Hey, if the timing works, (MTW, mid-afternoon), when you move in I could watch your older kiddos while you watch Jaz and direct moving traffic. Let me know. I'll pm my phone number.

balogna balony abalone !!! take that google!
Old 02-24-2008, 03:42 AM

Totally overwhelmed. I cannot believe we are doing this. I can't stand looking for places to rent. It's so hard... and SO MUCH MONEY to come up with all at once. Especially after just having had Jasmine. We'll be down there next weekend to look at places... My mom is going to have the boys. We are looking for a place very close to Vancouver. He's going to be working in between 4th plain and Mill plain- whatever those words mean.

I'm supposed to be taking yet another chemistry test. Blah... haven't even studied. Been overwhelmed grocery shopping, helping Jaz clear out her lungs... and doing morning and nightly nebulizer treatments for her. It's been helping so much. The poor dear hated us this morning when we were using the bulb syringe to clear her nasal passages out to avoiding those *oh too fun* choking moments. She's doing great today. Really coughing it out. You can hear her breaking it apart in her lungs and making progress. I'm hoping she'll be better by next weekend so we don't have to take a trip with a sick babe.

Oh.. btw you pdx/vancouver mamas... His work offered to pay for a hotel of our choice for a month when we first get down there. They usually reserve five star hotels for TJ the rest of the time... so can I get some recommendations of REALLY nice hotels that you guys have been to/heard about and wouldn't mind living in for a month if you had to? And *hint hint* maybe would be excited to come visit at and take a swim/go do a fun activity...?

Off to fake a chem exam...

Old 02-24-2008, 03:43 AM

Fern- Thanks for the PM. I'll call you when I get things a little more figured out. Maybe next weekend? We'll see how it goes. And thanks for putting your name at the bottom. I would have been mortified to call and ask for Fern...

Old 02-24-2008, 04:30 AM

danile: www.heathmanlodge.com

and I posted in the Vancouver tribe thread in the Washington / Oregon / Idaho forum in finding your tribe that you are moving down here really really soon, so when you have minute go make an intro post there. will post linky tomorrow. and don't worry, I mentioned you have a lot on your plate with sick children, sick new little baby, packing and planning a move, so they will understand if you only post occasionally. they are awesome mamas.

~c
Old 02-24-2008, 05:06 AM

Sweet lodge TC. Trying to get TJ to look at it... but he's way too into his Halo 3 Xbox Live match... :

I'll head on over and introduce myself... short intro I suppose.

Old 02-24-2008, 01:50 PM

TC - that lodge looks wonderful. I think I need a vacation.

Danile - I am so sorry that your wee babe is sick. We did nebulizer treatments on Annie when she was 6 months old and she HATED it. It did help though. So for clearing out your lungs, Jaz! AND super-strong energizing vibes for you all for the move. What a whirlwind! What does your husband do?

We had a playdate/party at our house yesterday with 10 three-year-olds and thier younger siblings. It actually went really, really well and made Alison and I feel kind of dopey for not being willing to host until now. The kids did crafts, played with Eleanors toys (*she shared*), and ate yummy food. The house wasn't even too trashed afterwards.

I am at work now and all these little things that I should have done a long time ago are rearing thier ugly procrastinated heads. Annoying and annoyed with myself...off to see if I can redeem myself.
Old 02-24-2008, 02:10 PM

He works for Lincare Inc. , the oxygen/home health care company. He's now the Center Manager of the new Vancouver location.

I am excited! The Uhaul is only going to cost us $215! Usually (when we lived in PDX before) it cost us about 400-600 dollars for a one way uhaul up here. Going to down there is cheaper this time. So glad we can save some money that way.

Shoot.. wanted to post more and the kids are getting crabby... Must go help DH who woke up with Isaac at 5:30 to let me sleep an hour more till Jaz woke.

Old 02-24-2008, 04:36 PM

happy sunday!

my last post got eaten by server timeout. grrr

we had a friend from eugene come stay the night friday. i cleaned and cleaned on friday to get ready. she has a (*freakin adorable*) 2 year old DD and a DS a year older than our may babes. it was lotsa fun ....isaac's first real sleepover! then we all went to omsi yesterday (the reason they came up to pdx)

i made doug admit girls ARE cuter he was carrying her around to see the dinosaurs and it was so sweet.

right now i need to do a PILE o dishes. and then i want to go look at some lady's plant collection that she's selling. i'm hoping for some good bargains on big shrubs

i drew a blank on places to stay on the washington side but the heathman lodge looks awesome! moving is such a drag. but you'll be closer!!!! yay
Old 02-24-2008, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
This (germy) aggression will not stand, man. :

Thank you for this.

I made it to Albuquerque, and things are just,,,,,oh. well. Abalone.

Things are okay, but my dad (who was full on board with nurture-elsanne-plan) is laid completely low by sciatica. Like, he can't sleep, can't stand the pain, can't sit. So, who's taking care of whom? I'm still, continually, exhausted. Someone please tell me that this too shall pass, and in a few years I will be my vibrant self again? Please?
I'm close to tears every single day. This is most un-elsanne-like.

But screw that, abalone, because poor lil Jaz is in a bad place, and her mother more so. I'm thinking of you Danile. Prayers heading your way.
Old 02-24-2008, 07:33 PM

Oh Elsanne! This too shall pass! I promise!! And don't be thinking of me... I'm worried about you!! *HUGS*!!!!

Old 02-24-2008, 08:10 PM

elsanne, this too shall definitely pass. And you will be your vibrant self again in much less than a few years. Give yourself some slack - you've been through A LOT recently, and you haven't had time to heal. How long are you in ABQ?

Will your dad see a chiro?? He sound like he's in bad shape.

: I have more to say, but I sat down, which is obviously an invitation to nurse : and be climbed upon by kidlets....
Old 02-25-2008, 12:37 AM

Oh, elsie....sorry you're so down. This too shall pass, but dangit if it doesn't seem like a lifetime away. You need any care packages now that you're stateside?

Ducette, a whirlwind indeed! I hope you can find a nice place to live and everything just falls into place for once. I think the pdx mamas will be a great resource for you! How long of a trip would it be from pdx-couv? roughly?

Had a good day today. went shopping with my sil and found the most awesomest, fittingest, coolioest pair of jeans. Put em on and fit like they were made for me. Yay for new jeans! I also got the girls a new swimsuit they were tickled pink. Of course they had to put them on (underwear underneath of course) and run around the house in them. cute cute cute.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:10 PM

mornin!

lets hope this week dawns brighter for everyone!!! i think it *has* to right???

new jeans are the bomb. i got a couple of pairs when i went down to the bay area (H&M fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

from my house it is about a 15 or 20 minute drive to vancouver without traffic. there are horribly long peak hours though to get across the bridges. so it can take an hour or more after 3pm.

elsanne - i hope you get a break sista!

i forgot to say also that HJ did get some tall vibes!! i wish i could send the chunky vibes his way.

ebin is pulling up to standing now. it is amazing how fast the progression is. he only figured out crawling 2 weeks ago. now he's SUPER proud of himself pulling up to stand in his crib and on the couch. he's really starting to come out of the 'blob' stage of babyhood he's been getting around (rolling) for a while now but he's doing this CUTE thing where he is pointing or touching everything with his index finger. like everytime i pick him up he pauses to point his little finger and touch my teeth. so i play bite him. i think he's trying to tell me his teeth hurt. he keeps grinding them and last night he bit my arm so hard it left a mark. poor teether. i yelped and he cried....he's a sensitive boy.
Old 02-25-2008, 03:47 PM

Howdy all. Germy weekend for us....

Els, I really hope you *can* manage to wrangle in some rest. And if you *do* need to fall apart... well, I think you're probably in a safe place to do it, no?

Danile, hoping everything germy and moving for you is moving along...

I have to say, finding great jeans really does something for the self-image.

I have lost my voice. I have a quiet whisper, and that is all. (And I keep straining even *that*, because dude, it's hard to get your first grader off to school without barking at him a time or two. : ) On the bright side, while I got almost every *other* symptom everyone else got from this bug, I did *not* get the "snot pouring out of eyes" symptom. (Dh is very jealous, as he is still in conjunctivitis land.) I will take the good, no matter how silly.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:38 PM

First of all, Elsanne, this too shall pass.
I remember many a day (hmm, just last week? ) where I felt close to or in tears every single day. I feel you mama.
And then, all three of us got sick!
This aggression WILL NOT STAND, man!!! :

DH came home early Friday with a fever and chills and it turned into a cough and by Friday night, I was feeling it too. Not feverish yet--I was hoping I'd just have a cold. Rowan had had a runny nose pretty much all week, but by Saturday night he was coughing. But only in the middle of the night.
Well, Sunday I woke up feeling like I was hit by a truck, and today, the same. UGH. This sucks. Luckily I didn't have to work and DH called in today so we've been resting as much as we can...with a child who still has pretty high energy despite a runny nose. We deal.

But GOOD LORD. When do we catch a break? When will ALL of us catch a break?!?!

In other news, we started the potty journey Saturday. I cannot believe how well it's going so I am not going to say much more than that right now!

Have a good day, mamas.
Old 02-25-2008, 04:53 PM

Renae-

Hoping the potty adventure goes great!!!

So when we talked to Dom about the move he informed us we needed to move because there were too many toys in this house. :

And I did good on my chem exam... now for my three history essays...

Old 02-25-2008, 10:33 PM

the potty journey is bound to have some setbacks. but i think when they wait until they really feel ready it is a smoother process overall i'm betting he just wanted to wait until he was feeling pretty confident. that's how isaac was with the peeing. he's had very few pee accidents. and well his approach to potty-pooping was to just stop pooping : we're still on *that* journey. the smooth-move journey he still just hates to poop. and i think at this point his colon is super stretched out.

today has been a good day. not a thrifty day mind you....but fun! it is not raining for yet another glorious day. (good in my book). i took the boys to hanna and got cute coordinating outfits to take them for easter pics. i bought ebin a shorts romper which is completely a one-time wear item because he will grow out of it by the time we can wear shorts here probably. but pictures!! cute!!! pretend it;s warm!!!

then we went to the nursery and dawdled about...which i love. i'm amazed isaac knows his left and right. i don't think i knew mine until kindergarten. he was leading us 'turn right!' turn left! turn left! (he does not however know any ABCs besides I and J...the two most important letters )

i got a few plants. two types of currant, a purple smoke tree which was $9 instead of $60 because it currently looks like a tiny twig stuck in a pot. and a pink scented forsythia i've never seen before. i went there for a witch hazel but they were all 5gal huge spendy ones. they're blooming now and i waaaant one i also got mulch and a couple of primroses and hyacinths at freds.

ebin obliged by going down for a nap and isaac helped me work in the yard. i planted the 4 rose bushes i bought last week and i am attempting the supermulch method of creating the new bed instead of digging grass. so we'll see if i have a rose bed surrounded by grass or not. i got all but 2 things planted. and i really need to seed the lawn (errr giant mud patch that used to be a lawn before the new patio went in). but that is going to take a good couple of hours of hoeing.

thats cute about dom
Old 02-25-2008, 11:44 PM

Thanks guys for the good thoughts...I think they worked. I actually received my tax return I was banking on, and my dad is feeling better, and got a referral from Big Brother Health Care for chiropractic, which he's willing to try! Yay! And I'm going to get a neck fix tomorrow as a "transient" patient from a chiropractor, I'm so happy. It went out last week and has been hurting ever since. I had most of the day alone (after reaching ACK point with Amara), with my brother, we went out to Indian food : and hiking in the Sandia foothills, and to a park with his daughter my 5 y.o. niece to play frisbee.
Tomorrow is big shopping day! Costco, Thrift stores for books for Sol, and Bellydance Bonanza shopping, the whole purpose of this trip! My tax $$ will be invested in that, which will duplicate itself. Yay! I'm feeling all positive now.
Just feeling grossly overstuffed as I tend to do around family....two huge breakfasts, and a huge Indian buffet lunch...and my dad always has yummy chocolate...mmmm...
Old 02-25-2008, 11:46 PM

And Sherri, you sweet thoughtful cute-jean-wearin' girl, I leave day after tomorrow...no time for fun package, waaah!
Old 02-26-2008, 09:58 AM

els, I'm glad things are on the up for the moment. I hope you get your neck adjusted and I hope your dad feels much much better.

KK, I think we have the same family and we're working through the same germs! I have very little voice left, dh is working through the last of his conjunctivitis... Ethan was restless and fussy and snotty all night long (read: nursed at least every hour and sometimes on the half hour) and egads, I hate to admit it, but I should really stay home today and I won't. Part of the problem is that today I see a bunch of people I had to reschedule from last Wednesday when I stayed home with Allison, and if you reschedule the same people too many times it's just bad. But I should be done in the office around noon, and be able to squeeze in a nap before I pick up the kids.

Or something. I'm not thinking clearly.

jstar, kudos on your planting! I can't imagine planting anything anytime soon - there are several inches of snow out there today, and we're supposed to get another 6 to 8 this afternoon. :
Old 02-26-2008, 01:14 PM

That is kind of odd, Juice....

Yesterday, I made a crack on my blog about how losing my voice prevented me from yelling at the kids. I just checked comments, and my bossy aunt who we very rarely see (who never had any kids, but taught HS English for many years, which in her mind makes her an expert on all children) submitted a snarky comment about my parenting. Uh, not going to approve that one. : (Guess she took it at face value, doesn't understand sarcasm, etc. I'm just going to ignore it.)

I'd *love to get out there and get planting, but it's way, way too early yet. I was at Costco Sunday ( and people were snapping up bare root lilac bushes etc. I was thinking, "Hello??? The *crocuses* aren't even up yet. Do you people feel competent to keep these things alive for the next two months until you can plant them???" (But I was eyeing some columbines rather hungrily...)
Old 02-26-2008, 02:41 PM

it's still pretty early here too. it might not even be worth me doing the grass seed yet because a frost might zap it if it sprouts. but i figure if i can do it a couple of times it will hopefully take. and walking around the nursery was mostly for looking at bare twigs you know what i really want? a contorted filbert. i had one at the old house and they are GREAT in the winter when bare. they used to be outlawed in oregon for some fungus and i bought mine in washington. but now they have them here so the law must have changed. it was $45 though and i'm sure i didn't pay that much before.

i just washed dishes and doug took a long shower so i'm killing a few minutes for the water heater to regenerate. doug took isaac out to breakfast so i don't have to do the getting dressed wrangling. woot!

i think doug is going to work on the house today. bonus points.

i'm going to work at my old bosses office to use some of her files. i miss her! and i have to call and get some insurance to be able to sign the lease for my office i can't wait. i have this vision of ultra-moderne zen office furnishings. and it will proabably end up being a hodge-podge mix of carp from my house ha

this is hilarious that your families have had the same germs cross-state. well NOT hilarious if kwim. but still
Old 02-26-2008, 02:51 PM

Soooo, which office did you go with Jstar? Dish please!

Snooowy day here today! No chance of planting nothin' in the near future.

Safe travels tomorrow, els!

Need to go pick up the kidlet from school.

:
Old 02-26-2008, 04:00 PM

Glad to hear of things being on the up for now, Els!
All the sickie carp is just not okay. Blah.
All this talk of planting is making me jealous! We got dumped with snow on Friday, so nothing is happenin' here..not like we do much planting anyway. That's one of those things I *want* to be into...but am just...not. : Rowan has been asking to make a garden though, so DH and I are going to make an effort this spring. I think. Wish us luck!

I would write more but Rowan is upstairs being veeeerrrry quiet; gotta go see if I have to plop him on the potty!

*coughHACK* Yeah, still sick here but at least I'm not wishing for death anymore. Man, I felt awful yesterday!
Have a good day mamas!
Old 02-26-2008, 04:46 PM

Just got my neck adjusted....thank GAWDS....it was so out of place it wasn't funny. Now my neck hurts residually from being so out of whack and is now in whack.

Must go run spend money. things are good...

User Tag List