Good things are happening in February, May '04 Mamas!!! - Page 13 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#361 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 01:09 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKmama View Post
I should do serious, substantive replying , but just popping in to say that we (incl. the adults) have "arguments" about whether each of us is Frog or Toad (generally "I want to be Frog, but unfortunately, I am Toad" )
Uhm YEAH. GUESS who's Toad around here?? ....BLAH!

Okay, gotta go to BED. Night night everymama!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#362 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 01:41 AM

Ugghh to money, friend, moving and unappreciative dp issues

Danile~ Your life makes my head spin! I hope things settle down for you

mf~I was going to reply to your potty training post, but didn't have time. It will get better, kids this age are stubborn. Once I told Saige that I wasn't buying diapers anymore, she really started to take it seriously. Once I did that, she wouldn't even wear them while sleeping and trained herself to hold it at night

I haven't posted in a while, I have been reading though. I've been down the last few days with horrible back pain. I thought it might be kidney stones, but I did an u/s at work and there is nothing. Then, af showed up yesterday and today I feel better *shrug* I have endometriosis, so I'm thinking maybe it's something connected with that, but who knows.
#363 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 01:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meesa143 View Post
I haven't posted in a while, I have been reading though. I've been down the last few days with horrible back pain. I thought it might be kidney stones, but I did an u/s at work and there is nothing. Then, af showed up yesterday and today I feel better *shrug* I have endometriosis, so I'm thinking maybe it's something connected with that, but who knows.
Low back pain is a very common symptom of that. I'm sorry you are dealing with it. Hope it resolves for you somehow.
#364 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 02:31 AM

Sarah, I am very happy to hear that your stress level is reduced. I've been thinking about you a lot lately. You're normally pretty even-keeled, and your posts have been way stressed- out. So hooray for some good news.

My work sitch is STILL in flux, and I am sick of it. I hope I don't end up jobless, and lose my health insurance. Blah. Another part-time working mom at our office just got laid off today. Her kids are the same ages as mine. Double blah. So the good weather hasn't really made a dent in my mood. At least for today, I have a job, and I like it.

OK, dh needs phone. Ta ta!
#365 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 11:03 AM

Ah, mamas, I caved. We may not be buying diapers anymore...but we DO have pull-ups (for rest and bed times) and...the kid hasn't pooped in DAYS. He's wearing the damn pull-up now. :
We have to go to my friend's house this morning and I will have a two year old AND Rowan to watch, and then he's going to Gramma's this weekend. The kid HAS TO POOP! :

I'm not THAT concerned. Really! I know there will be setbacks and accidents. I just really don't want a HUGE potty accident right now. : : :
And I admit that the willful constipation kinda freaks me out. :

Anyway, yeah. It's going. I'm too tired to worry about it that much. Our lovely kitty destroyed the dining room last night and we were up wayyyy past our bedtimes cleaning THAT up (he shattered a big snowglobe that was WAY up on a high shelf. That jerk. ) so yeah.

Meesa, glad to see you back! I had that terrible low-back pain with AF this week too. Got it Wednesday, started feeling like carp yesterday morning. Awesome.
Elsanne, I hope things with Viet work out. So many s, mama. *sigh* I want to be able to teleport, so I can go to Mexico and at least HUG you for real!
I know there was more...Meg, TOTALLY hear you on the money, OF COURSE. And OMG! Rowan took an EPIC nap for the first time in ages yesterday and he was a freakin' JOY in the afternoon...minus the non-pooping thing. Hah.

Juice, Holy heck do I hear you on the sickies. I hadn't been this sick in ages myself. Still having coughing fits on occasion. *sigh* Feel better, mama!

Okay, I gotta go, dishes need to be washed before we head out. If I don't poke my head back in this weekend (Like I WON'T. ) have a great one!
#366 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 01:25 PM

mornin!

no coffee here so i'm drinking tea this morning. mmm tasty

ha. ebin is playing the keyboard right now. i am A-mazed at his progress right now. he was barely crawling 2 weeks ago and now he is moving and grooving and pulling up on everything. and he can't climb the stairs yet (thankfully) but he gets up on the bottom step and shrieks at isaac

and he keeps shaking his head. i don't know if it is teeth or his ear infection still lingering :

beth - that's scary about the work stuff! your poor coworker--very unfair.

it is hard to imagine so much snow :::

willful constipation is tricky. there's only so much you can do to make someone poop kwim. i have given isaac laxative and he still won't poop sometimes! i think we are turning the corner a little bit though with that. he has been going more often and it is not quite so traumatic. he still fights getting on the potty (we have to physically carry him in there). but then he'll go pretty quickly once he's situated.

ok. i should probably do some cleaning around here.
#367 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 01:33 PM

Renae, if he's digging his heels in, esp. wrt poop, I'd just let it go. It's not worth it (constipatio is esp. not worth it). He'll get a clue sooner or later that going potty benefits *him*.

Ferny, UG on work flux.

And Meesa, UG on back pain.

Sherri, so *not* jealous of your foot of snow.

Jess, I have to say, the whole working/childcare/balance/affording it thing sounds crazy and hard (esp. for someone who hasn't had to do it : but we may get there yet). Egad, we should have universal healthcare, universal preschool, and the kind of childcare and family leave benefits other "advanced" nations enjoy.

Meg, UG on the tax refund mistake. Sounds like Mia is growing.

Juice, let's race to see who gets well first.

TC, thinking of you.

Els... I almost want him to cheat, too. : But glad the trip was good and that you're home again.

Sarah, I'm so *glad* you're getting to finish when everyone else is.
Major It seems like you've been working your butt off and that you should get credit for it.

Heath, hope everything is going well with eating, growth, etc.

Danile, good luck with the studies, the packing, etc. Hope your head doesn't explode.

Jacquie, Jacquie, wherefore art thou, Jacquie?

(And a random vibe to Emmalola, hope things are going well, esp. wrt to the diss and appliances.)
#368 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 02:02 PM

renae: on poop, I may have talked about marek's love of the "race" to be the first one to go to the bathroom.

sample conversation:
me: marek, you look like you're doing the crazy poop dance. do you want to go first? or wait, I think I'm going to go first... [standing up to move towards the bathroom]
M: no, no, NO! I have to go first, I want to go first, I want to go first!
me: okay, then...

even for the mostly non-competitive seeming marek, this seems to spur him to get to the toilet sometimes. and we got a book from the library not long ago about learning to use the potty and it reinforced our previous statements of "if your body feels like it has to go poop (or pee) then you should do what your body tells you do" and also that it's okay to have to leave your toys to go potty and then you can come back and they will still be there. just keep plowing through.

no sunshine yet this morning, but we are going to the zoo with some friends anyway since it's not raining and not too cold.

oh, and happy leap day!

~claudia
#369 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 02:10 PM

renae---w/ c I even would let her plunk the potty chair in the middle of the living room and watch tv whilst doing the biz. You don't want to mess with a stretched colon from holding the poo. sneak loads of ground flax seed in his food and he will go. Or just take him somewhere without an extra change of clothes/dipes and then he'll really go. btdt!

tgif! the end.

went to the doctor today re: vitamins and then to the chiro. E got her freebie bday adjustment and eek....does her sacrum pop! I know it's from her abnormal gait, but ouchy! Everyone in the office always loves to see the babies get adjusted and her office has an open adjusting area so HJ is always the star of the show.

okay...must wrangle E and get C from school. Poor HJ is so over the car seat these days. But he has many pounds to go before he outgrows it so....

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#370 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Sorry to hear about the no-pooping going on with Rowan. I feel a bit about my earlier advice. I guess I missed the part about him withholding the poo. Hope he realizes it's not as scary as it seems.

Yay for good chiro visits!
#371 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 02:45 PM

TC~I'm going to have to try that with S. She waits until she is literally going to explode before she heads to the bathroom.
I did the potty chair in the living room too and it worked out well. She spent a lot of days naked watching cartoons on the potty

Happy Leap Day

My back pain is *right* where my left kidney is, so I'm not sure it's endo related. Seems too high. It came back this morning, so I took more drugs, now I'm
#372 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 02:49 PM

Meesa-hope its not another uti for you. Are you drinking enough? Just hoping it's not pyelonephritis. I've had that and it sux0rs big time.
#373 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 03:46 PM

Drive-by bag post because I can't respond to all wonderful women who warrant wise words with warmth.

That was a fun "w" thing.

Packing for a trip to Morelia tonight to go give a workshop, very fun and exciting thought, because hear this mamas: I'm goin' ALONE. Alone! Two days, of aloneness, in aloneville! Alone is starting to take on that "weird is that really a word, it looks strange" quality after writing it that many times.

Viet and I had a "talk" last night where we tried to "communicate", both those words stretched to the edges of their possible meanings. Anyway it "worked" because now we're being kind and all is well and he is watching the girls for two days. There is no other woman. *disappointed sigh*

Okay. Off I go to pack. I have SO MANY thoughts for each of you that it overwhelms me and instead of not posting out of bagness, it's just an all-about-me'er.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo to you all.
#374 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 03:53 PM

bag post --lmbo!

Alone never sounded so sweet, hon. Enjoy to the fullest!

#375 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 05:19 PM

I'm in a bit of a pissy mood. But wanted to share some goodish (I hope) news (keep yer fimmers crossed): dh just had an interview and it sounds like it went *really* well. (Here's the snark: I bullied him into wearing a jacket and tie; *yes*, he's been reluctant to do that at previous interviews. They apparently said they're considering him for a sr. position. I'm sure that looking more "sr." has *nothing* to do with how things went. ) There will be a (bus) commute, which sucks (compared with a biking commute), but it sounds like it would be both a good fit and a step up.

I have a master gardener writing workshop all day tomorrow... after that, I'll be allowed to periodically write a MG column in local papers. I'm very about it (also the ALONE part of it, though I'll be "alone" with other adults).

Also, I have an interview for another volunteer board (advises the city council on environmental stuff) on Monday. I wish *my* interviews would be for something which actually paid $$$, but the other stuff is good for my resume, networking, etc.
#376 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah'sMama View Post
Meesa-hope its not another uti for you. Are you drinking enough? Just hoping it's not pyelonephritis. I've had that and it sux0rs big time.
I had a u/a on monday and everything was normal. I have been really conscious of how much I'm drinking and making sure I drink lots of water, blah blah. I'm going to do a google search, because i don't know what that is

KK~I hope it goes well, keeping my fingers crossed.

DH has been working late ALL week saying he would be able to take most of today off. Guess who is still working?! Oh well.
#377 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 06:11 PM

meesa---hope you can figure it out *and* feel better!

kk-- indeed! hope the results are good! any thoughts MMFMG! on how to initiate a children's garden?? C is just chomping at the bit to have her own garden space this year and I haven't a clue. Are there any garden teaching kid level books/pamphlets out there?

okay....stealing just stealing a moment here since I NAPPED during my usual computer time. Included a snuggle post HJ nap nursing *in* bed in a horizontal position....almost never happens! No choking while nursing from him so hopefully we can do more of that in the future. You have no idea how exhausting it is to have to sit up and nurse/rock a babe multiple times a night for 45+ minutes at a time.

...........off...........................

#378 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by heatherfeather View Post
meesa---hope you can figure it out *and* feel better!

kk-- indeed! hope the results are good! any thoughts MMFMG! on how to initiate a children's garden?? C is just chomping at the bit to have her own garden space this year and I haven't a clue. Are there any garden teaching kid level books/pamphlets out there?
A couple of things I can suggest (which I think are google-able):

sunflower house
bean tepee

(both of these are very good for this age, and the seeds are very large and easy for little hands to manipulate).

Do you think flowers or veggies are more up her alley? Butterfly gardens are also a popular kid thing. Cherry tomatoes are *great* for kids. If you can lay your hands on Square Foot Gardening, I'm pretty sure there's info in there about veggie gardening and little ones (raised bed stuff, and with kids, one thing you do is make the bed much narrower).
#379 of 380 Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 PM

KK, I your new title

dinnertime mania here, must run
#380 of 380 Old 03-01-2008, 03:38 PM

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page