Good things are happening in February, May '04 Mamas!!! - Page 9 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#241 of 380 Old 02-19-2008, 01:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
wow the socks really have come in handy! the small things make a big difference sometimes

my fever broke last night. i felt on the cusp of death after dinner and took my temp. 103.8. i don't know if i trust our thermometer but i did feel pretty carpy. two tylenol and another abx pill and i dragged myself off to bed where the fever broke and i started sweating. yay! the aches and pains are gone. my boob still hurts a lot but it isn't the pulsating type pain. just the 'i might die if my jumpy 3 year old hits it' kind.

thanks for the call ff. i'm going to give you a call back in a minute

i hope stefan feels better soon! poor little guy. i have to admit i'm feeling a bit : about ebin's ear infection. i really only took them in yesterday because doug argued with me that i 'never take the kids to the doctor' but when *i* get sick, off i go. so i'm glad i went. in hindsight our babysitter said he had been really fussy both days last week. i just figured he was feeling bad from his cold and getting 3 more teeth at once. but i guess the shrieking was the thing that convinced me maybe there was something going on. he's still eating normally. it is so hard to tell.

i never answered the lovey question and i was thinking about it this morning. isaac has one baby blanket he is pretty attached to. (baseball beenket). and he is now really attached to this very large and soft elephant that we got at ikea. he named it 'ephalent trunk'. he sleeps on it like a pillow and takes it in the car a lot. but if it spends the night in the car it isn't a big deal. last night he wanted to sleep in my bed and i went up there to find him asleep next to his elephant who was covered by the baseball blanket. awww this morning he told me his elephant and he really like each other he also randomly cycles through other stuffed toys which he wants to sleep with and/or take to daycare to sleep with. mickey mouse, minnie mouse, garfield. nemo.

with ebin it is too early to tell. i'm trying to get him attached to a soft small giraffe blankie lovey thing which i call 'love love'. i always give it to him in bed. and his little blue waldorf baby thing which i call 'baby'. (one of those velour ones with the cone hat.) sweet

doug was a champ last night. our house was a wreck. the dipes were long overdue for a washing (and he has never washed dipes before). but he did! and did the dishes. and cooked dinner (well, heated the dinner). did all the kid changing, poopy dipe changing. and went to the store. i feel bad because he was supposed to go to a class yesterday to get his forklift card. he really should have gone. but i soooo needed the help.

i'm off to check oy to see why we're giving hf hugs. here's a hug from me too.
#242 of 380 Old 02-19-2008, 09:15 PM

threadkillah :

:::
#243 of 380 Old 02-19-2008, 09:21 PM

no, no --let me! : Where's that @ss chapping cold smiley? I can't take the mid 60's to mid 30's in a day shift!

mom of  dust.gif, ROTFLMAO.gif, and jog.gif
#244 of 380 Old 02-19-2008, 09:41 PM

Wow! we got some sickies! That's supah dupah scary 'bout the UTI, Juice. And the pain, els, I hope is gone gone gone. And jstar has a 75% family score for abx, that's impressive. And I'm glad to hear Stefan's is nothing worse than an EI, though that feels bad, too. I woke up this morning and checked right away wondering how your appointment went last night.

: Germs, be gone! :

Not much else to report, but wanted to say howdy doody! ::
#245 of 380 Old 02-19-2008, 10:15 PM

FUUUUdge.

How can it keep getting worse? I mean, it just shouldn't be possible. And no Mercury to blame, or anything.

Dh tried to go to work today - I took one look at him and sent him to Urgent Care. His eye was bright red and just oozing. Ick. Allison was better this morning, clingy and whiny (but that's usual, so nothing new) All was well-ish until I picked them up from school - Allison's teacher said she'd thrown up this morning just after arriving, but since she knew A was on the abx, and since said vomit was nice and pink, she knew A was OK, just having a tummy reaction to the meds. She really didn't feel the need to call me. I appreciate that, but hate that A was feeling so lousy all day. Not that there was much I could have done. She did eat her lunch, and said she was hungry when she got home. But by 5:00 she was getting hot again, and her voice was very froggy. She's not complaining of pain while peeing, yay, but she's now got some *new* upper resp bug. Her glands are swollen like crazy, she's been warm all evening even with Tylenol in her, and she just looks like hell. I feel *so* bad for her - her poor immune system is just wracked, and I'm at a loss for what to do. We're doing probiotics and a bunch of whole food supplements, especially since she isn't eating again this evening. But I feel like she's got at least three things going on (UTI, possible yeast, and now new cold-ish seeming virus) it's just too much!

DH is definitely on the upswing, though, YAY. Urgent Care was ridiculously unhelpful, said that he probably had "flu virus in his eye" and that while it was almost definitely viral he should take abx anyway. He's smart enough to just take the script and walk away, and with another day's rest in him he's looking much better. It does help me to know that there isn't anything else brewing, he isn't likely to have a seizure or anything, and he can just go about his business. Yay.

Late this afternoon I was hit by a serious wave of fatigue - I just suddenly felt like I'd been hit by a truck. And now my left eye is burning and watering... carp! I don't have time to be sick right now. Really, really, really I don't. And I'm nursing this fanged toddler and it's really, really painful and like nails on chalkboard. I'm seriously working toward weaning, but slowly.

Calgon, take me away. Oh, that reminds me of a very funny post from the Yarn Harlot. At least I can still laugh until I wet myself.
#246 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 12:41 AM

quick post to say wow....just wow for the juice fam. allison needs to catch a break soon! and i will pray that your eye does not get any worse. someone needs to hold your ship together! one eye-d or not!
#247 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 02:12 AM

Of COURSE I come here at midnight, when DH is like "dude, you NEED to go to bed!"
I am also feeling kinda freaked the eff out about all the MMF drama! We need to huddle together and feel the warmth of our communal love. For real.

I will type out more soon as I can...but I wanted to talk about the lovey thing, because ROWAN HAS ONE. I didn't expect it to happen and I'm still not sure HOW it happened but.

His name is Toby, and he's a floppy white (ish, now ) little stuffed dog that I actually got for DH once upon a time, like early in our marriage. I have no idea why I got it for DH, maybe because he likes those little frou-frou dogs and since we'll never have a REAL one...
Anyway, the dog was in a trunk of other stuffed toys, and somehow Rowan got a hold of it a while back. Maybe 6 months? Yeah.
So one day, after rest time, when most of the stuffed toys in his room had made it to his crib, when I came up to get him he held Toby aloft and said "His name is Toby! I'm taking him downstairs!"
And now, well, Toby comes with us EVERYWHERE. I kinda like it. Heehee.

More on Toby and other various and sundries when DH is NOW practically pulling the laptop off of me!

Have peaceful nights, mamas. I think of you every single day. with

#248 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 03:08 AM

hi mmfs!

my boys are sleeping, bill is at hockey, and I'm watching the ellen show on the TiVo. (dude, this fancy iPhone knows to capitalize the t and the v in TiVo, and the p in iPhone. crazy.) I even read a chapter of hold on to your kids. whoah. intense stuff.

mmm beer...

stefan seems much better today. still not quite fully himself, not drinking as much as he usualy does, not eating quite as much as he usually does, was really mad our chiro when she tried to touch him and then mad at her when she was adjusting me and then mad at me when I was talking with her and not talking with him we're going back tomorrow afternoon and I'm hoping he'll be in a better mood. I'm holding off on the antibiotics for right now but will reassess again tomorrow and if necessary the next day and next, too.

ooh, so mercury has gone direct and tomorrow evening there is a total lunar eclipse. hoping for the timing to be right and wishing for no clouds.

~c
#249 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 11:26 AM

REALLY hoping today dawns brighter for all maymamas, sounds like it has for TC, and hoping it has for jus, and Heather, and all y'all.

It has for me...last night I almost felt normal until collapsing into a heap, like hitting a wall, I was fine and then I was NOT FINE and wanted to go to bed immediately, and my bed was not made, and the sheets for it were dry but on the fence around the swimming pool (which is not full, except by rainwater at the very bottom, which is filthy) and had dragged their edge into that muck, which enraged me, and threw me into a tailspin. I crawled into a different bed and just slept there.

But today dawns well. I have a buncha stuff I gotta do today and tomorrow because Friday I go to the States! Yay! I am going for a quickie fri-wed trip for a little family luuuurve and also to buy bellydance stuff, because I have several big workshops coming up around Mexico and they are excellent opportunities for sales.
I really tried to rest up the last two days and that is all I can budget for myself--hope it's enough. I keep pumpin' the juices and liquids and iron food and pills.
#250 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 11:35 AM

It does sound like the Turbos are on the mend. Yay for a few quiet minutes! And a phone that can capitalize.

Els, I'm glad you're feeling a bit better too. I hope your trip goes smoothly - are you taking anyone with you? Kid-wise, I mean.

I've just surrendered to the universe, and it's much easier this way. Last night I send DH to bed in the spare bed so I wouldn't have to worry about him while wrestling the toddler and the fevery three year old. So at least he got some rest. He's better today and went to work. Caitlyn went to school without a moment's fussing, and Ethan is at his daycare. Allison and I are staying home on the couch. I'm feeling fine, though I was worried about sickness last night - I think that was just stress and hypochondria and "I don't have time to be sick" wah wah. So I'm not sick, but I'm taking the day off anyway. And while I thought about all the things I can do, home unexpectedly and feeling well, I'm choosing to sit on the couch watching The Little Mermaid instead.
#251 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 12:41 PM

boobage holder!! I needed that laugh, juice.

okay...off to tackle the day....

#252 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 01:33 PM

Here's hoping that everyone keeps getting better...

Claudia~you make me want an iphone...badly!

Work is better this week. My boss is out of town, yay!! Today is a much more manageable schedule for me. Otherwise, there is not much going on. I've been getting a little head start on spring cleaning. I'm sick of looking at all of our stuff. It's driving me crazy, so I'm finally doing something about it.
#253 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 02:35 PM

stefan doing much better. me, not so much. woke a couple of times during the night to pee, stood up and felt queasy. made bill stay home for part of this morning and crawled off to bed to see if more sleep would help. it does, but only until I get up. also having cycle right now and the poops are always challenging (sorry tmi) during the first few days. so went to bathroom to see if it would help. maybe kinda sorta did. couldn't stay in bed any longer (body was just done) and now sipping raspberry ginger tea that's supposed to help with upset stomach/ nausea and trying to keep as still as possible. not good not good. can't be sick. can't be sick.

~c
#254 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 04:41 PM

I'm so sorry to hear of all the sickness. I truly hope everyone is on the mend and all better soon.

I feel like wrapping myself in a protective bubble. If anything else remotely negative happens in my life right now I just might collapse. I am right at the end of my little rope and trying not to have panic attacks. Seriously. School is so intense. It's not like a separate thing - school is my life, almost 24-7 because I'm on call so much, and there is so.much.to.do. And call has not exactly been easy lately. OK, must stop thinking about it, breathe, breathe.

Lily is getting over her horrible cough and snot. I think she has gone through two whole boxes of tissues just by herself. Nutty.

DH and a friend are working on our new deck today. He is hoping it will be done this weekend. We'll see. I am excited for it to happen, in time for warm weather and eating outside season.

OK, back to work. Writing a paper on depression guidelines in primary care.

Love to all. I am reading and thinking, but had to write an all-about-me post 'cause it's just too much. We must all will March to be better. We deserve it.

S.
#255 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 05:05 PM

i feel kinda like claudia! my breast is not so tender but i woke up with a headache and feeling nauseous and just yukky. i am thankfully in my pjs still as doug took isaac to school for me. (phew). i'm hoping lil ebin takes his nap soon because i *need* to get some work done. i really should clean this dusty dirty doghairy house but i need some billable hours more critically. i also need to eat something and nothing sounds appealing

ebin slept from 11:30 until 4:45am last night. it makes me wonder how long he's had this ear infection! he has been waking every 1-2 hrs for weeks now. he also did the screeching in the middle of the night thing when we were in bakersfield and both my parents ended up on antibiotics from the bug the kids brought down. so maybe he's had it the whole past month. i know ear infections can clear up on their own so now i'm thinking maybe he had one and it waned and then came back again this week. no way to know!

i spoke too soon about the 'ephalent'! i had to retrieve him from the car last night for bedtime

sarah - being on call that much sounds really really taxing. i hope you can just hang tight day by day! i'm really looking forward to the eat outside days too

ok. naptime 4 babies!!
#256 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 05:13 PM

: sickies be gone! Yes, I'm talking to you, Claudia's virus. :
#257 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 07:22 PM

bill asked me if I wanted him to stay home for the rest of the morning and I said yes so he rescheduled his meeting he was supposed to chair until tomorrow. then he says "well next time I get sick I hope I get to stay in bed all day." WTF? ummm... you do anyway. thanks for the guilt trip. but then he cancelled the rest of his day, too, and just took the boys for a drive (nap for stefan, late lunch for marek) omg my whole body hurts. I am drinking fluids again so that is good. no puking but I sure feel like it might happen at any time. back to sleeping/ resting.
~c
#258 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 09:25 PM

Feel a little guilty because I just woke up from a 3 hr nap. L had a monstrously bad night (didn't help that we were up really late having very useful heart to heart talking immediately prior).

Sending big healing vibes to EVERYONE. Seriously, I'm having trouble deciding who is the worst, so I'm not going to rank you. : I swear, this has been the germiest winter ever. (And I say poop on partners who coddle themselves when sick and/or *don't* coddle the mama when she's sick .

Re loveys... Z has a teddy bear which he drags everywhere (and forgets everywhere). I think for him, it's not so much necessarily that he loves the bear but more that he senses that he can drive us crazy by dragging it along everywhere.
#259 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 09:29 PM

Oh man Claudia... I hope you feel better. Shrug off what Bill said.. Men are such babies when it come to sickness... then they expect us to just suck it up cuz we're the moms and that's what we do. : They just don't get it. I don't think it is meant as mean.. merely ignorance.

Hugs to Els, Heather, Sarah, Sherri, Renae, Juice, Jacquie and Jstar...

It seems everyone is having problems and I don't have enough time for individual hugs.. Sorry! Babe is FUSSY.

Every single member of my family EXCEPT TJ has strep throat. (I'm glad he doesn't have it. See above for reason why. We can have the exact same sickness and his just HAS to feel worse than mine. ) Even Jaz. She's just about lost her little voice... it's so cute and so sad all at the same time.

I'm taking Dom to counseling again. His vindictive/trantruming/violent behavior starting back up and I just CAN. NOT. LIVE. WITH. IT. It's been like twice this week I've been balling my eyes out because I just want to know where in the world my baby went. He was my best little buddy... and while I understand the changes and stress and sickness... I just cannot live with this and there HAS to be a solution.

Plus school on top of this all. I'm working on finals... and it's a pain in my derrier. I only have two and a half weeks left and I am SO bored and stressed. I failed a chem exam last night and was just so MAD at myself for not being prepared. It's online and open book for cripes sake! It's the mathematical concepts of it that confuse me though. Mass x Moles x Actual Yield x Percentage Yield = i don't care how many ions. : I WON'T be taking chemistry again until Jaz is like a year. I swear it. Or I have to take it all by itself. Definitely NOT online where I have no tutor and have to teach myself.

Well... Love you all and hope you are all doing good. Packing unimportant things in anticipation of moving in two weeks. Bleh.

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#260 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 09:29 PM

I missed the loveys question.... C has a bedtime bear care bear that plays 'hey diddle diddle' when you squeeze the belly....his name is 'diddle roo' and there are actually 3 spares (shhh...don't tell her!) because they were oft-puked upon in her younger days.

hj's swallow study was great. no aspirating, but also no answers. He didn't do his choking thing during the study so I'm not surprised. We see the GI tomorrow though.

Sarah---sounds like you're running a marathon at a sprint pace. phew!

more later when my head isn't full of a zillion worries...

#261 of 380 Old 02-20-2008, 09:30 PM

Oh man... sorry for the allaboutme post!

It really wasn't supposed to be like that..

Eternal Companion to DH , Homeschooling mama to DS 05/04 , DS 11/05 , DD 12/07 , DS 07/10 and one on the way: June 2015!
#262 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 02:08 AM

Danile, sorry- I've been meaning to say that _of course_ I would love to hang out with you when you move down to Vancouver. (On a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday during the day, when our kids aren't sick ) I'll bet it is hard to be moving, especially away from family, especially when you're going to school! I hope all your credits transfer.

Sarah- I wish there was something I could do . I miss you hanging out with you, and I often wish that we didn't have to wait for school breaks to grab a quick visit. I even feel like I shouldn't call because that would take you away from schoolwork. Once we're all not desperately sick, perhaps I could come and have the boys play with Lily some time while you do some schoolwork. Let me know. .

HF- it's too bad HJ _didn't_ do his choking thing during the swallow study. I learned all about the reflux/choking/aspirating connection during a training for work a few years ago. It can be serious. Sorry you have to worry so much. Blah. I hope good things are around the corner for your sweet babe. Hooray for the GI appt- I hope it's helpful.

Okey dokey, gotta get off the internet and call my friend and tell her the kids are too sick for her to care for them Friday.
#263 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 03:26 AM

i'll be able to hang out too danile. AND help you with chemistry

speaking of hanging out...i definitely want to do JUST THAT once we are all feeling better

heather, i hope the GI appt is helpful tomorrow. and i just clicked your HJ link and he is such a cutie (and what a cool pic). so much hair!

tonight was bath night and i swear that snuggling a sweet smelling soft baby (or 3 year old) head is the best.thing.evar. le sigh. it is even so much better when they just go right to sleep after a bath
#264 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 03:43 AM

I'm feeling a bit better, still achy, still not sure how much I want to eat but I did have some chicken soup earlier and I liked the saltiness and it felt good to eat. hopefully some good sleep tonight will continue to ward this thing off. going to sleep now.
~c
#265 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 08:52 AM

TC, hopefully you'll have a good night's sleep and that will make all the difference.

My clan seems on the mend (knock on any available hard surface). I have a massage scheduled for myself (myself! me! the mom!) this afternoon, and then tomorrow I've arranged for Ethan to go to his dcp so I can have a few hours alone (alone! me! the mom!) to get some things done that have gotten sorely overdue. And probably sit on the couch with a book for an hour, but don't tell anyone that part.

Oh, yay. Allison just got up and has no fever. This is good.
#266 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 10:07 AM

jstar--reminds me it's probably time to give hj a bath! I love snuggling with the girls after bath!

danile---is the move imminent? I've been flaky about my reading. And just so you know, next time you apologize for an allaboutme post, I'll have to give you a demerit. I think it's the mark of a true MMF! to take the stage when needed! I not so fondly remember a semester of organic chemistry myself! You'll get through!

claudia--really hope things are on the upswing!

juice--ooooh! a massage sounds heavenly!

nothing on the calendar except for GI this afternoon and avoiding : ....that one 60 degree day totally made me a winter wimp again!

#267 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 11:22 AM

Been up all night with Isaac. I took him into our bed for the first time since he was like 5 months old. The kid just never has slept well with anyone else in the bed with him. He kicks and stretches and whines. And hits. But him being up all night has been due to this horrible fever and horrible coughing. I feel so bad for him. And I am soo tired.

The move is fairly immenent. It's just a chain process. He aced the first interview... but that supervisor has to bring it to another higher up that has to approve his hiring. So he may have another interview- or they may just tell him to hurry up and get down there because the big guy just told him to go ahead and hire him. I'm nervous because statistically this COULD be a big paycut... but it is BIG advancement opportunity. Taking this position will make him look really good and allow them to see him as a potential area manager. I'm just scared about possibly cutting our finances. And finding renters for our house.

Oh heather... I'm thinking of you... worrying about HJ... but also being confident he'll be okay. Mostly because he has a mama like you.

Juice- I think it goes without words to say that I'm totally jealous of your upcoming mama massage.

I love all you May Mamas so much. For all the support (and possible future chemistry tutoring..) and so much more. Sometimes this group reminds me of "the sisterhood of the traveling pants" ( Yes... I watched that movie) Only it seems like "the sisterhood of the traveling mmf socks" without the traveling... LOL

If I make any sense at this hour of the morning with this little of sleep... it's a miracle.

#268 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 11:40 AM

Juice, rock on for the "taking care of mama". Well done! *insert clapping smilie here* I am psyched that things are on the upswing. Also for TC! Hope you got a good night's sleep.

Agh--more to say but am being pulled. must run!
#269 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 03:50 PM

bathed babies are the best. i am pretty lax on the bath front in the winter when there isn't as much sweaty-head funk going on. it all seems like a lot of work sometimes ebin just loooves water. he'll probably learn to swim before isaac

i hope your little isaac feels better ducette!

coffee in hand -- i am at work.

i have a massage certificate i need to book that doug gave me for christmas. i think i'm waiting for some moment where i feel like i *need* a massage. but since i likely have to book out in advance i was thinking i should schedule it around my b-day

sitting on the couch with a book sounds AWESOME (and well deserved for you! the mom! who manages all!)

claudia - i hope the aches are gone for you this morning. when doug took off on monday and i had a totally quiet house i tried to lay down to nap and i couldn't even sleep because all i could think about was how achey my back and legs were! so unfair.

i'm a winter wimp now too. we have had several days in a row of sun, glorious, sun! and even saw the lunar eclipse last night. neato frito. and now i think it will start raining again tonight or something. i have spring fever.

i'm on an online hunt for vintage ski posters for my dad's 60th birthday march 3rd. kinda fun! decorations for his new cabin. i'm looking for villages in europe where we all learned to ski when i was a kid and we lived in england and used to do cool things like that we all got our butts kicked in militaristic swiss ski school. i remember crying a lot. my sister just plain refused to go. my dad would wear the same stinky socks all week. good times!
#270 of 380 Old 02-21-2008, 03:58 PM

Well, now that I've made you all fantastically jealous :

my massage therapist had to cancel because her daughter was complaining of ear pain and needed to be picked up at school. It's fine - we've rescheduled for next week. And in the meantime, I'm enjoying some quiet solitude in my living room and a yummy calzone from Whole Foods Market. And I'm not even looking at the To Do Pile in the other room.

Just have to figure out what on earth to have for dinner. We had crock pot italian brisket on the menu, but that only works if you get it set up and turned on before you leave the house. If I start it now, it should be ready around... midnight

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page