September '04 mamas seein' their shadows in Feb - 6 more weeks of winter! - Page 4 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#91 of 176 Old 04-03-2008, 04:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How does one keep a 3.5 year old out of the refrigerator??? Last night I found DD : bacon (cooked, thankfully).

She also emptied an entire bottle of Prossage Heat on my desk last night while she should have been asleep. Thank goodness the keyboard was put away! It was everywhere: on money, on the floor, on papers, on the chair -- I walked in to the smell of menthol goodness. Boy, was my nose burning about 15 minutes later!

Samantha, Mama to Elizabeth, September 24, 2004
#92 of 176 Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM

It's funny you should mention the fridge... I've been encouraging mielle to open the fridge herself and look for food instead of whining to me about how she's thirsty. she hasn't been messing with food yet, maybe i should rethink this....

My MIL was here this last weekend and I was amazed at all the things she had Mielle doing for herself, and I thought it was pretty cool. Granted, Mielle is very careful and doesn't ususally break stuff. If she was a rough and tumble boy i might be more concerned. She dropped and broke her snow globe from christmas the other day and was so sad that it was broken, poor thing!

Well i finally went to the doctor about my cough, had it for over 3 months... he was pretty horrified by the sound of my lungs and has me taking prednizone in addition to 2 inhalers, but i'm feeling way better already! Hate the nervous energy the prednazone gives me though... urgh. At least it's only for a week!

Love to all

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#93 of 176 Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 AM

Opps double entry, pushed the button twice!

It's funny you should mention the fridge... I've been encouraging mielle to open the fridge herself and look for food instead of whining to me about how she's thirsty. she hasn't been messing with food yet, maybe i should rethink this....

My MIL was here this last weekend and I was amazed at all the things she had Mielle doing for herself, and I thought it was pretty cool. Granted, Mielle is very careful and doesn't ususally break stuff. If she was a rough and tumble boy i might be more concerned. She dropped and broke her snow globe from christmas the other day and was so sad that it was broken, poor thing!

Well i finally went to the doctor about my cough, had it for over 3 months... he was pretty horrified by the sound of my lungs and has me taking prednizone in addition to 2 inhalers, but i'm feeling way better already! Hate the nervous energy the prednazone gives me though... urgh. At least it's only for a week!

Love to all

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#94 of 176 Old 04-09-2008, 12:21 AM

Anna - I was diagnosed with asthma after Robin's birth. I may have had it before, but never knew/had any attacks. I've wondered if there was any relation, but never heard of a connection. I was on a daily inhaler, but let my prescription run out. Now I have more asthma attacks and my lung capacity is terribly low. I just *hate* being on a daily medicine
#95 of 176 Old 04-09-2008, 10:09 AM - Thread Starter

becca - homeopathy is very effective against asthma... if you can afford to pay the homeopath

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
#96 of 176 Old 04-09-2008, 04:08 PM

Lobelia is supposed to be really effective, too. It's an anti-spasmodic herb.

#97 of 176 Old 04-10-2008, 10:19 PM

And the hits just keep on coming... My grandmother is dying. She took a sudden very downward turn and went to the hospital tuesday night, and has since been in ICU. She has a DNR, etc. so they moved her to a regular room so she can have visitors while her systems shut down. It's sad, but she's 88 so it's not really unexpected (although she's been in good health and it all happened very quickly). But once again having to explain and sort out death with the little girl is just no fun. ANd my brother, though on the path to recovery, is still struggling with mental health issues, so he doesn't fully understand what is going on - enough to know she's dying, not enough to sort out how he feels about that. And my aunt lost her child care. so my 11 year old cousin is also in the mix (from the other side of the family, no relation to my grandmother - but another person trying to sort it all out). My folks are watching him this week (my aunt is a long-haul trucker and single parent and the worst excuse for a parent I know).
#98 of 176 Old 04-14-2008, 12:16 PM

Becca, that sounds so hard. I haven't yet had to deal with grandparents dying (except for my grandfather when I was very young) but I often think about how difficult it will be.

I am so depressed. Ever since Feb I have been struggling with living here in Homer, and fighting off feelings of hating it and depression. We just went down to Seattle for a week and I felt like a different person there. I was such a better mother... it was 70 degrees. We got back and we still have two feet of snow in our yard, it's 30 degrees and windy. I don't know how to make myself like it here, how to make myself happy. Tony doesn't want to move but he said if I feel like "slashing my wrists" that he will move. Um, how can I drag him back? Anyway, I just don't know what to do. Even when I think about summer I just think about how I want to go to seattle and spend it there, since Tony will be fishing all summer anyway.

Sigh. There's my dilemma!!

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#99 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 02:29 PM

#100 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 06:06 PM

sorry to sub and run just wondering is this for moms that are pregnant know or for sept of 04 just wondering cause i dont want to be on the wrong thread. My youngest and last child was born september of 04(not by choice was he my last ) I had to have a emergency hysterectomy. So that is why i am asking if i am on the wrong thread. I would love to talk to moms of with kids born then and see how their 3.5 year olds are doing. Mine is : but usually he is jumpers: So any help bieng better at GD would be helpful. I have a problem yelling and i know that is just me. I hated it that my mother yelled all the time and know i do what is wrong with me.

vegan, *( . ) ( . )* wife to D and momma to peanut and monkey boy
#101 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 06:11 PM

dont know if this will be a double post or not sorry if it is. I am sorry i sub'd and ran. I just want to make sure I am on the right thread. Is this a thread for sept 04 or pregnant moms in sept. I am just wondering b/c if is for preg moms in sept I will have to unsub since I am not preg and cant get preg again. After Jacob my baby born in sept. I had to have a emergency hysterectomy. I really want to find ladies that have baies the same age (3.5) as my son. Right know he is : but usually is like this jumpers:

#102 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 06:32 PM

Krystal! You're in the right place. All of our lovely children were born in September 2004. My DD, Elizabeth, was born on the 24th.

Welcome!

#103 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 06:56 PM

I just wanted to make sure that I was in the right place hehe otherwise I would be really Anyway congrates to all that are pregnant. Another reason I was not on was because my computer wanted to act up ugh!!!:

#104 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter

Oh yeah, Krystal, you're in the right place, it's just that Augs and I are freshly knocked up and frankly, these women are more wonderful to talk to than my DDC

My kiddo is DEFINITELY 3.5. So much so that sometimes I can't wait for 4 because it's rumored to be less obnoxious. Perhaps you could enlighten us on that as the parent of an older kid

and Chrissy, and Leigh, so could you!!

#105 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 09:45 PM

First I have to say Congrates!!!!!! yeah
Four was a great age. At first it is much like 3.5 but when they get closer to five they are calmer. They want to do more around the house too. Atleast boys going to preschool do hehehe jk. No my oldest son does like to do things around the house but I am saying it wouldnt matter if they were going to preschool or no.
I want to homeschool both boys but dont have a cirriculum and dont have the money for one either right know so yep I put my son in preschool. sometimes I get the because I am "crunchy" all the other ways.
That is all I know about older kids sorry I am of no more help.

#106 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 10:23 PM

Hi Krystal. If you haven't already you might want to check out the GD forum. I found it really helpful when I was wanting to learn more about GD and be a more GD mama. Welcome!

#107 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
Tony doesn't want to move but he said if I feel like "slashing my wrists" that he will move.
wow. he's setting the bar pretty high.

OTOH, you may be just experiencing cabin fever. 'just" (sigh).

I get it every winter in the catskill mountains. we're housebound for many, many weeks on end, it seems, with the ice and snow. yes, we can drive places, but we can get out and walk, feel the sun.

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#108 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 10:41 PM

hi Krystal, welcome aboard!!!!

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#109 of 176 Old 04-15-2008, 11:39 PM

goodness, you are all still in the Feb thread??? LOL

Well, very quick update - we are selling our house in Atlanta and moving to the NC mountains temporarily to dh's family's house until the house sells. Then we'll have to figure out where to go. Our current house is giving us too many problems, so we just want to sell it. Ah, the joys are packing and moving with 3 kids....should be interesting....

Christine - mama to my 4 boys
#110 of 176 Old 04-17-2008, 08:30 PM

you could move by me closer to the beach in north carolina. i dont have that many women here that i know that have the same mothering style as i do. there is a forum here for around our area but they havent been on awhile hehe. but no you could move here
but where in the mountains would you be moving we go that way when we go back to missouri to visit DH family.

#111 of 176 Old 04-18-2008, 09:52 AM

or by me in charlotte!

ashley, !!!

jen and ashley, how are you guys feeling?

hey jen, are you making a trip to the ha outlet anytime soon?

it is spring here- yay!!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#112 of 176 Old 04-18-2008, 10:24 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy View Post
jen and ashley, how are you guys feeling?

hey jen, are you making a trip to the ha outlet anytime soon?
How I am feeling? Thanks for asking. To quote a word I just saw in the Dec 08 DDC: pukatronic. Haven't yet, but I have that OH-so-delightful queasy-all-day feeling that I had with T - although I haven't written any songs yet this pregnancy (last pregnancy I wrote a song all about feeling pukey to the tune of "The Battle Hymn of the Republic" and unfortunately, that section of the Sept 04 DDC has been deleted. Oh well!) Plus, this week, even more wonders of the pregnant body: constipation and hemorrhoids. : I'm tellin' you, I cannot WAIT until I am on the other side of this blessed event and can have those suckers surgically removed.

And no, sorry, I'm not going to the Hanna outlet anytime soon. I haven't been there in years. We've shifted all of our shopping primarily to the thrift store. But if I am going I'll let you know!

xoxo j

#113 of 176 Old 04-18-2008, 10:42 AM

Jen. I thought I remembered that you had been really sick with T too. It's so hard. How long did it last with T's pregnancy? Oh, and constipation and hemmorhoids too?! How unfair!!

Chrissy, lucky mama to Noah (9), Lilah (6), Rowan (3) and Laney (1).
#114 of 176 Old 04-18-2008, 11:36 AM - Thread Starter

Oh, well, last time I remember that on Valentine's Day, one of my students gave me a pretzel dipped in caramel and chocolate and I really, REALLY wanted to eat it (despite the fact that chocolate was the one thing that had actually made me throw up), so I did, and it tasted SO GOOD. From that point on I think I was feeling better and I know for sure that I was better by Mardi Gras because I traveled for work and was no longer sick - I was, rather, just more focused on when the next time was that i could eat

So... that means i was sick for around a month and a half, maybe 2 months, after I found out. I found out I was pregnant a month ago on Monday, so I've got another 2-4 weeks of this and then I hope it's DONE!

#115 of 176 Old 04-18-2008, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
wow. he's setting the bar pretty high.

OTOH, you may be just experiencing cabin fever. 'just" (sigh).

Liz
Yeah, I think the bar's come down a bit. He now realizes that it would be impossible to live somewhere that I was unhappy for oh, 6-8 months out of the year. I have come to think that I may be extremely sensitive to seasonal depression. I never really had it in seattle, but we don't have a huge daylight change there, and the weather is never such that it's nearly impossible to take small kids outside (which it is here a lot). We've had winds of over 30 mph for the last week... I think this is normal weather for here. And with it only 30 degrees ambient, it makes it like 15 degrees outside. I also realize that I'm not really even looking forward to the summer... maybe that's because I am depressed, but all I can think about is how I want to go to seattle for the summer! And the truth is, I don't think even Tony really loves it here... he even mentioned maybe we should move to Hawaii for a year, then move back to Seattle. That sounds pretty nice!!

Chrissy -- I am actually feeling a lot better... not as much sickness at all. It started getting better when I got a B6 shot from my doctor, and then was pretty much gone by about 11wks. I think I'm close to 13 weeks now.

Jen -- Ugh, yeah, that's what I had, was the all day pukey feeling. And then at about 5pm I would get so exhausted I couldn't get up. Eating, not eating, drinking... it didn't matter what I did, it all made me feel sick!!

Mamabear -- Hope the packing goes OK! It IS hard but hopefully over quickly!

#116 of 176 Old 04-19-2008, 09:32 PM

Hi, all! I'm embarrassed to admit I've been totally lurking occasionally and never posting - can't even remember the last time I posted!

So a BIG congrats to Jen and Ashley! And lots of wishing for the yuckies to go away.

Becca - sounds like things are really rough right now

Jen - 4 is better....but 5 has gotten rough again. M has become a total drama queen (like running into her room, slamming the door, screaming "I can't staaaaaaand it, no one loovvvvvvves me" at the top of her lungs. Sigh.

R is a total monkey - a whirlwind of joy and occasional obnoxiousness. She torments her big sis something terrible.

I will be finished with my MBA in June - hallelujah! I hope I can make it through these last few weeks. It's been rough. But I can't believe it's been almost two years since I started! And I start a new job on Monday - nervous jitters...

Anyway, just wanted to pop in and say hello

DD1 (8yrs) + DD2 (6yrs) + DS1 (4/25/11) = one crazy adventure!
#117 of 176 Old 04-20-2008, 05:22 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Wow! I saw "Sept 04" and thought... hmm... that was a while ago... and then realize it was MY DDC thread! (I'm also in Sept 07, so I get a little confused! )

Congrats, Jen and Ashley! How exciting!

And Jen, so sad that you're not heading to HA anytime soon! I've been pulling out Iain's old clothes and found several of the pieces you got for us waaaaay back when. We finally got a store here (regular one) - 9 months ago - and I've never been! I got to an outlet near Chicago once last summer, but will they put one here? Of course not! Ah, well. If my sister marries this (great) guy we think she will, then I'll just have to go visit them in Chicago and go see Hanna while I'm at it.

Mama Bear, I don't envy you a move at this stage! I hope it all goes very smoothly for you! How is Vytas doing with the twins? I'm hoping, for your sake, that they're still in the immobile stage! Has the last six months flown by for you, as it has for me? :

Well, there's really no chance I'll "catch up" here, but perhaps I'll be better able to poke my nose in once in a while now that I'm subbed.

Take care, mamas!

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#118 of 176 Old 04-20-2008, 07:12 PM

Oh jen -- dont' get the 'Roids cut off!

A surgeon aquaintance of mine who does the surgery said: she used to do them routinely for people, but unless they are big and really painful (like don't get better with time) she doesn't do them anymore. She says that unless they are serious ones, like medical hazards, the pain will be worse after the surgery than before.

I.e. leave well enough alone!

My mom said she got one for each child and named them after us ! Hahahaha!

OK .... now not for the squeamish .... skip if you are grossed out ...
Mine only come after birth ... like a few months post partum. They got irritated then went away after a week. But now i have like some kind of lump stucture there... i mean, does that ever go away???@!!!

ok... nuff from me

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#119 of 176 Old 04-20-2008, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

oh no. no no. there is no well enough to leave alone. they were so horrible with T that I was doing sitz baths every night for 1/2 of my first trimester. They have continued to recur for the past three and a half years. And if I am to have one for each child, I would have 6 children by now. Very LARGE children.

:

They keep me from my two favorite forms of physical activity - inline skating and most notably biking - and at this point I feel very willing to trade some healing pain to have them permanently gone.

All right. enough about my a**.

#120 of 176 Old 04-20-2008, 10:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
And if I am to have one for each child, I would have 6 children by now. Very LARGE children.

:

You definately gave me a chuckle on that one!

Woman, yes, in your case, surgery would definately be recommended. OK, OK, no more about your poor arse.

Feel good.
BTW, any sense if it's a boy or a girl yet??????

Kids. I got two of 'em.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page