September '04 mamas seein' their shadows in Feb - 6 more weeks of winter! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#121 of 176 Old 04-20-2008, 11:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
BTW, any sense if it's a boy or a girl yet??????
yes, definitely, a girl. Of course my chances are much lower for having a girl (freezing lowers the life span of frozen sperm substantially, which means that usually the fastest swimmers have the best chance - sperm carrying a y chromosome are always fastest, whereas the x carriers swim slower but live longer - a moot point if your life span is shortened by up to 90%), but that's the feelings I've been having.

I have had very positive birthing dreams but have not had a dream with a live baby in it yet which is slightly unnerving.

: mama to T 9/04 and E 11/08
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#122 of 176 Old 04-21-2008, 04:10 PM

I had a dream right after I found out I was pregnant that I gave birth in a huge swimming pool. It was a nearly painless birth and I looked down at the baby after she came out, and she was very clearly a girl. Tony was on the side of the pool, watching us. It was such a cool dream.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!
#123 of 176 Old 04-21-2008, 06:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
yes, definitely, a girl.
I have had very positive birthing dreams but have not had a dream with a live baby in it yet which is slightly unnerving.
Jen- please keep us posted on your dreams! BTW, (for the probably little that it's worth,) I think you're having a girl, too. Talk about whacko long distance predictions .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by AugustineM View Post
I had a dream right after I found out I was pregnant that I gave birth in a huge swimming pool. It was a nearly painless birth and I looked down at the baby after she came out, and she was very clearly a girl.
That is so awesome, Augustine!

girls are pretty groovy!

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#124 of 176 Old 04-21-2008, 07:54 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatskillMtnMama View Post
Jen- please keep us posted on your dreams! BTW, (for the probably little that it's worth,) I think you're having a girl, too. Talk about whacko long distance predictions .....
*shrug* someone in 04 dreamed that I gave birth on their bed. Who was that? Shannon? Leigh?

I have had no dreams about the gender of the child; it's just a feeling.

My dreams have been:

1. a VBAC, the woman who ended up being our doula for T (she was our back-up, my first doula had to go get married, of all the nerve! ) was also there, and Jo was not; and there were long, orange curtains?!

2. A long labor, but meeting with my midwives in the morning by myself, and they were pleased with my progress; also in this dream I was laboring in some clinical setting and accidentally flashed the receptionist when she came in in the morning to open up!

3. can't remember but I woke up from it VERY happy. It was about birth.

Just wish I could have a dream and see that BABY.

#125 of 176 Old 04-21-2008, 08:05 PM

Jen, FWIW, when I saw my baby in the pool dream, she was like, HUGE, like the size of Anna! I also remember having a dream when I was pg with Thor that I gave birth to a huge furry baby with fangs! I was like, get that thing away from me, I'm NOT nursing it! Dreams are so weird!

#126 of 176 Old 04-23-2008, 12:39 AM

All this talk of pregnancy is making me think it's a good idea.... Although I think we may be done. I hem and haw every other day. I feel done with being pregnant and having very needy babies, but then when I think of just having the 2 kids, it seems so small. Really, the only thing I'll miss about being pg, birth or nursing is that great pg sex. Now I'm stuck in the nursing, no libido whatsoever, no period, no nothing phase. (Not that I didn't enjoy my births and nursing - I've loved nursing my kids. I just miss the vitality of being fertile, and I'm totally without ovulation when nursing).

I just told clint that all y'all were pregnant and he said "Of course the one in Alaska is pregnant - what else do they do all winter?"

Ashley - hugs mama. What are the things in Seatlle you feel pulling you back? Is it just the weather/seasons, or friends/community? We moved to Columbus, GA after having Robin and I was pretty miserable there. I felt very isolated and without community. We've moved back to atlanta, and I finally feel like I have that community again. I really tried to build it in Columbus, but it's just not the culture there, and I couldn't overcome that. We think my brother has SAD also, and I bought a bunch of the full-spectrum bulbs to put around his space. We'll see if it's effective.

Almamiel: Thanks for the hug. Hope the last few months of your MBA program are smooth sailing! It seems like you *just* started it - I can't believe it's been 2 years.

My grandmother took a very sudden turn for the worse. She had been at Eli's first borthday party 2 weeks earlier, then got sick, then within 24 hours went from "sick" to basically nonresponsive. She had a DNR, etc. so was moved from ICU to a regular room to die. She ended up hanging on for almost a week. Which was good b/c Robin had time to think about her dying efore she did, and my brother kinda understood what was happening. But it was also incredibly stressful to deal with taking care of her and everyone else for so long too. My mother was pretty much MIA, so it fell to me to support my dad, which i was happy to do but makes me *FURIOUS* at my mom. She is so caught up in her own world and doesn't even see how self-centered she is, and it's all i can do not to point it out to her. She has amazing self-defense mechanisms and can chose to not see her own selfishness pretty easily, and acts like she's under attack if anyone dares criticize. I'm over it. I think she thinks I'm moody, instead of righteously fed up with her crap.

So, I am in need of NO family time with extended family now, and in need of time with just my little family. We had a good weekend (after i had a total meltdown over clint wanting to do things with his family and insisted we come back home) - went to a neighborhood Earth Day festival, got chicks to keep in our backyard for eggs, puttered around. It was low-key and much needed.

Robin is going to be at the preschool where I teach next year. I'm really glad we were able to work it out. I started working there b/c it's the preschool curriculum that I'm most excited about and interested in and b/c it's a co-op, and it would really suck to provide that experience for other kids but not be able to offer it to my own child. She wants to start going now - she doesn't get the idea of "next school year" yet.

Jen - I'm generally a constipated kid too. When I was pg with Robin, I started taking these iron supps: http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/e...ci_sku=MF-7060 They are food-based and very gentle on the system, and my CMN recommended them. But the "food" they are based on is beets - which are naturally regularity-promoting. I had been so scared of taking iron and getting constipating, and instead I was pooping like clockwork (sorry, TMI). They are available at Whole Foods, and I really recommend them. They *totally* eliminated any constipation. Have you tried witch hazel pads (like, leaving one on the 'rhoids at bedtime - that shrunk mine quite well after 2-3 nights in a row)
#127 of 176 Old 04-23-2008, 09:06 AM - Thread Starter

Nightly scenario:

5:30AM or so: T leaves his bed and crawls into ours. He is told he can crawl in next to Jo and cuddle but he can't kick and he can't move around. He is indeed a kicker, or, more accurately, he puts his feet on you and pushes.

5:35: "T, you can't kick me, or you have to go back to your own bed."

5:40: repeat above statement, a little louder.

5:50: repeat above statement, louder yet, perhaps with the caveat that next time he does it, he has to go back to his own bed.

6:00: yelled: "THAT'S IT, back to your own bed." (cried): "No!" Loud: "YES." "No!". Loud: "THEN STOP KICKING ME."

6:10: much rustling, T is picked up and placed into his own bed, there is much loud "Yes!" "No!" "You kicked me!" "No!" but he is put into his own bed, with much whining and unhappiness.

6:25 or 6:30: he comes over to *my* side of the bed. Since I have now taken to sleeping with my body pillow, there really is no room for him on my side of the bed. Usually I go with him into the den where we still have our guest bedroom and we sleep on the guest futon. Sometimes he does fall back to sleep (if he's gotten up and started this whole fun early enough, snort!). This morning, just as he got to my side of the bed, Jo's alarm went off so we just got up.

I'm thinking that we need to put him to bed an hour later so he sleeps an hour longer, since the time he gets up does seem to correspond to when he went to bed... but by 8 PM he is so tired that he needs to go to sleep.

Jo has convinced herself that he is having growing pains and this phase will soon end.

I'm also lobbying for a king-sized bed although I don't know if that would stop him from pushing with his feet anyway.

Waking up to this arguing every morning is just ruining my day, every day.

OK, he's painting with the milk from his granola... off to be a mom. Share your thoughts?

#128 of 176 Old 04-23-2008, 05:44 PM

Jen, we go through nearly the same thing here, but Thor doesn't have his own bed (we're all still in our ONE bedroom house) yet so we aren't able to move him to his own. Which will be great when we can. But, the one thing that helps me and Tony is to put a pillow barrier in between us and Thor. Because he is a totally clingy, kicky, rub-your-belly type of kid when he sleeps. Gives me the willies! But trying to seperate him a bit, like putting him on the top of the sheet and us under the sheet, or putting a pillow in the middle, really seems to help. Is T kicking because he doesn't know it (kind of asleep) or is he kicking because he's awake and trying to annoy you?

Becca: That sounds difficult with the mom/grandma/dad situation. The reasons that I miss Seattle are about half the weather/climate and about half the lack of opportunity/things to do here. Community I have actually made here. I have made several good friends, been participating in all the small-kid things. But really there just is not that much to do. There is one park that is lame. There are very few classes for kids. One kid story time, no gatherings like there were in Seattle. I think I've realized that I am much more a city person than I thought I was.

I have really been struggling to keep myself out of a deep depression. It has gotten to where I do not want to see anyone, I don't even want to go anywhere. I feel like my normal "self" has left me. I know Tony thinks I am constantly mad at him, but I'm not, I'm just not even really "there." I don't know if that makes sense. It's like I think I have to make myself not care about where I live, or not care about moving. Because really it would be so difficult and so illogical. It just wouldn't make sense.

I told Tony last night, "I like it here but I do NOT want to live here." It is very beautiful. The summer has a lot of things going for it. But, it is very isolating, and the winter is very long and hard. You go into late September realizing you have a solid 6 months of snow, wind and cold. And with three small children? ACK!!

Sigh. I think I need to go to counseling!

#129 of 176 Old 04-28-2008, 01:20 PM

Oh big hugs Ashley!! You do sound like you aren't quite 'there' and I know exactly what you mean. Like a robot-self that just goes through the motions. I'd certainly put money on it being related to the isolation of AK after being 'out' for so many years. It's never a bad idea to talk to someone or get some drugs. Just be sure that you DO something. 'Cause just hoping it will go away takes a really long time. I know from experience! Actually what finally helped me was having kids- my hormones/emotions finally did what they were supposed to do, or something!

Whoo-hoo Jen! Will it be strange if it's actually a boy? Although I was not surprised by either of my kids; they were just what I expected. Maybe try going to T's bed for awhile when he wakes? Sometimes I think kids just get a waking routine going, and to break it you just have to work with them for a few nights on it. Like Cecilia used to get up every night at 4 am to have us tuck her back in. She'd come over and ask us to put her back to bed. So I started trying to anticipate it and keep her in bed so she didn't wake up so much. After a few nights she didn't get up anymore. Now if she does we yell 'pull the covers up; you can do it!' The whining? Earplugs.

Becca- chickens! How cool! You'd think I'd have them in a heartbeat out here, but since my FIL does such a great job raising them and giving us the meat and eggs, it's hard for us to get motivated on keeping our own. The parent situation sounds stressful. It's so hard when parents do poorly under pressure. : Hang in there! I know that the 'I can't be done already!' is why I'll have another baby (hopefully). The babyhood just goes so fast!

So great to hear from everyone checking in! I do think of ya'll and still lurk... my more active posting is still at TBW these days. I know Heather B is over there, too! I am still wearing Carl A LOT and starting to lust after another baby to wear... but I really want my 'skinny clothes' this summer so I'm trying to hold off. Meg

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#130 of 176 Old 05-01-2008, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenInMpls View Post
Jo has convinced herself that he is having growing pains and this phase will soon end.

I'm also lobbying for a king-sized bed ?

YES to both.

Lulu has been having intense cramping in her feet and legs this past month at night. It's a new phenom. I'm assuming it's growing pains.

And king sized bed .... DEFINATELy. We sleep on three queens lined up in a row.

hugs!

PS Augustine ... big big hug to you in the northern climes. I go slightly mad each winter here. It's finally sprung spring in the catskills, and my god, like everyone got nice and energized again. The puffy, pale look in town disappeared overnight.

I vote for sun therapy!!!!!!!!

And, they used to say the women on the great plains (think Little house on the prarie) would ABANdon their families suddenly ... saying the "wind" had driven them mad. I totally understood that one. One room cabin, snow-in for weeks..... aghhhhh... no neighbors anywhere!!

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#131 of 176 Old 05-05-2008, 12:20 AM

Hi Everybody!

I haven't been around these parts in ages and it took me awhile to find you all!

I am still pregnant with #3 - about 7 more weeks to go, and another planned HB. We are having a girl! For those who have forgotten, we have Alex (9/04) and Gabriel (5/06). The boys are excited about their coming baby sister. Alex keeps looking at my belly lately and saying, "The baby is getting big, mama!"

Alex is doing great and is big. He's around 5T size in clothes and 95% for height and weighs over 40 lbs. He still wants me to put him in the shopping cart at the store, and I'm like, "No! Mommy's pregnant!"

Gabriel, on the other hand, is really little for an almost 2-year old. He was huge when born (10'2") but is now quite petite (25th %). Funny how that happens sometimes. He is extremely verbal - much more than Alex was at this age.

I have been on my own with the kids since January 11th, as my dh's rotations (finishing 3rd year of med school) have all been out of town. We will have seen him for about 14 days total in the last 17 weeks. It's been really hard - hard on the boys too. I have been lonely and watched a lot of crappy Netflix. He will be back in one more week - thank God - and won't be going away again until after I am due.

Haven't read the thread yet, but congrats to Jen and Augs on the new pregnancies!
#132 of 176 Old 05-05-2008, 12:53 AM

Hey Stacy - Sounds tough to be home alone with 2 at this point in pg. I was home alone with just robin the last few months with Eli's pregnancy and that was tough - I'm sure 2 is very challenging when your energy is low. Eli was also at the top when born (9#10) and now is in the 10th percentile weight. I figure it's just what you get with a healthy pregnancy/breastfed child (b/c the scales are skewed). His head is 92nd percentile though - he kinda has the Q-tip look going on.

Hey Meg!! You are so gonna get knocked up before fall...

Liz - 3 queen beds pushed together!! I don't have a room that big in my house! SOunds like fun, though. We're in doubles at our housesitting house - so we ust moved Eli to his own double and one of us joins him when he wakes up.

Clint's grand plan for helping Robin stay in her own bed (She wakes up, gets into our bed and shoves her icy feet back and forth between Clint's knees, rams her head onto my face and pulls my hair - she's no delight to cuddle with anymore) - he built her a lofted bed. there are stairs involved. I'll have to post pix sometime. So now when she wakes up, she calls us and we're supposed to go snuggle her back in the covers and she'll go back to sleep. But really, I'm in bed with Eli so clint does it all. Well, 2 weeks ago we started night weaning eli, so Clint has been going to his bed, and I've been left to deal with Robin - but I can't climb stairs half asleep. And I'm so glad to be sleeping without nursing, I hardly even wake up when she calls - so she wanders into my bed. I'd almost rather have my hair pulled than stumble up to her bed, but clint thinks I'm ruining all his plans.

Jen - what if one of you joined him in his bed, then came back to your bed (or is he in an Ikea toddler bed? that wouldn't work). What if as soon as he come to your bed, he was lovingly and calmly tucked back into his own bed (before it dragged on so long he just awoke for the day)? Since Clint has been in charge of Robin's sleep stuff, he engages in shameless bribing. Well, a token reward system. He hung a calendar in her room, and every night she sleeps in her own bed, she put a sticker on it. He makes a big deal about it, reminds her at night, encourages her to be proud when she puts the sticker on, etc. Then when it's "full" she gets a big prize - something she'll get regardless of the state of the stickers like a trip to the lake or Eli's birthday party (we weren't going to cancel it based on her sticker situation - he declares her card full when it's time for us to do what we're planning to do). It's NOT the way i would do it - i don't think she needs token rewards and I don't like the bribe aspect. That being said, it made a HUGE difference almost overnight.

Ashley - big, big hugs. It sounds like depression to me - and really, the first challenge is recognizing depression. I definitely recommend light therapy as a quick first effort - You can order the full-spectrum bulbs online to put in the lamps you use. Just 15-20 minutes a day is supposed to be very helpful. Counseling is a good idea - and if where you are makes you miserable, it's worth it to make the change. We're breaking the bank to move back to atlanta - but I'm happy. i was *so* miserable in Columbus. At first it was PPD, but even when I was no longer depressed, I felt isolated and just not joyful. I definitely get it, and I'm so sorry you are struggling with this. much love, mama.

speaking of making changes...I got into law school. I'm starting in the fall - it's a part-time night program (well, not the whole school, but they offer a night cohort). And Clint started his new job this past week. He took a paycut (not huge, but we're just making ends meet as it is), but seems like he'll really enjoy the new position. Next school year I'm moving from 2 mornings/week to 3 mornings/wk, so I'll be making a bit more to make up the difference. It'll be challenging - working 3 days, school 3 nights and finding study time, and still being present with the children. And we're putting Robin in the preschool where I teach, which is exciting for her and me, but more expensive than our other options. ch-ch-changes
#133 of 176 Old 05-05-2008, 02:20 AM

Wow, Becca that is exciting!! I think law school would be fun. I took the GRE and I got a perfect score in logic, and the Master's in Teaching admissions lady was like, "You should be going to law school!" I'll like hearing about how it goes for you.

Stacey, that's exciting that you're having a girl! It does sound difficult about being alone with the two LO's, though, but thank goodness your DH will be home soon!!

OK, so, from the discussions DH and I have had this weekend, I think that we are going to move back to Seattle in September. He talked to his previous boss, and the guy basically offered him a 10K package to relocate, and offered him the same salary with almost half the duties. He would also get all his seniority back, which was almost a month of vacation, and some flexibility with work. But he can only hold the job for 6 months. So, it's not like we could wait another year and see how things go. If we want to take this opportunity, we have to do it soon. I know that really DH does not want to go back to work there, but he does know that it's a good opportunity for now. And he says that he cannot imagine living with me another whole winter here. And honestly I can't imagine it either, especially with three little ones. I just feel so sure about not wanting to live here, and I've given it a year. And will have given it a year and a half by the time we leave. Things could still change, and we decided to make a final decision by June 1st, but I think that we will move. It's all been such a strain on us as a couple, it's ridiculous. Things feel so different and so... strained. It's just so weird to feel so differently about something as important as where you want to live. It makes me realize that we have a lot more differences than I guess I realized before. But... we're both really making an effort to be ourselves again, and be more loving.

I suppose I should throw in some kid news! Thor is starting to do sort of annoying things that I imagine older kids doing. Like making farting noises and saying he's farting on you, or constantly waving things in your face, or talking in blabbering noises. Drives me insane sometimes!!! But he is also very sensitive, and he's very astute. He knows right away when I feel sad. And he offers to sing me songs and do dances for me to cheer me up. He also does things like that for Anna when she's crying. and then she'll get happy and he says, "Oh look! I made anna happy!!" And he's very proud. So cute.

#134 of 176 Old 05-05-2008, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Stacy, congrats on the little girl! I hope the remainder of your pregnancy goes smoothly - so glad your DH will be home!! I have a friend who lives across the country, whose DH has been here looking for work to move them back to this area. He left when their newest was about 2 months old, and they just all got here for a 2 week stay this weekend, almost 2 months later! I go crazy very fast without my DH here to help, so I am just in awe of your being able to hold down the fort so long! I can't believe how big Alex is!! Iain is pretty small and can sometimes still wear 2T. Though they're getting short, finally, at 3.5!

Beds: We're FINALLY going to get a King!! DH and I have had a queen that's now at least a dozen years old, and KILLS my back now. We have the crib side-carred to it, which helps a lot, but we can still be stacked solidly across, with DH (who's 6'5" and big), 6yo DS, baby, me, and 3yo DS, occasionally in that order if Iain is good enough to get settled in the crib so we all have a *little* more room. If they try to get in bed before I come, there's no chance I'll find room! : So a King, especially in a lovely natural latex bed, will be a VERY welcome replacement!!

Becca, how exciting!! That's awesome that you will be able to do law school even with two little ones. My dream is still to go back to school and finish a degree, but for now I'll live vicariously through folks like you!

Ashley, I'm so glad that there is an opportunity for you to move back to Seattle! It sounds like a great situation, all things considered. I'm glad you and your DH are consciously working together, even though it's a tough spot to be in! And Thor sounds like SUCH a sweetheart! Wow! (Okay, except the farting noises! )

: Meg! It's great to have familiar faces like your on TBW! Though I'm trying to avoid the FSOT over there as much as possible these days!

My boys are SO big! I can hear the squeak of Judah's knees as he crawls along the tile floors. He's only 7 months old!! And crawling perfectly now. In the last week he's gone from doing it sometimes to doing it all the time (on his knees). Iain (my Sept '04) is getting more communicative and just generally opening up more. It's so neat to see! He's very grown-up in his speech most of the time, but also has wonderful kid-isms like "willn't" instead of "won't." Now, if he'd only be a bit more obedient and not quite as talkative/playful at BED time, life would be good. My 6yo is officially homeschooling but we've done a lot of "unschooling," too. I love working with him, and he totally loves it. Still working on routine and schedules, though, which has *never* come easy for me. But, hey, I'll put my money on him against any public school Kindergartener, any day!

We're off to IKEA tomorrow with some friends. Haven't been in ages and my list is getting loooong. Now as long as my kids don't come down with what DH has by tomorrow, we'll be good. :

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#135 of 176 Old 05-05-2008, 12:09 PM - Thread Starter

Whee! Lots of replies!

HeatherB, I am lobbying HARD for that king sized bed right now. Also a nice latex one, too (from IKEA, though, I couldn't win the argument for a Tempurpedic!). I'm just at the point of: look, he wants to sleep with us in the morning, and we've never had anything against this, but he's getting bigger, and if we're going to continue to let him sleep in our bed with us, we simply need a BIGGER BED. We have a two-bedroom house, which means that the bedrooms are bigger than usual, and if we just got rid of some of the CRAP in the room, there will be plenty of room for a king sized bed and a co-sleeper.

The problem is that T always comes to Jo's side of the bed (closest, but also on purpose, because when I was sleeping right next to him, I would wake up at every little sigh, roll, etc), and she usually has these loud conversations with him when she's asleep, so it's hard to get on her case about something she's not doing consciously. And then there are nights like last night, where T came into bed on her side at some point unbeknownst to me, and everyone slept happily until the alarm went off. *shrug*

Becca - we can't really get into his bed and snuggle with him, because as you guessed, it is an IKEA toddler bed. I sometimes wonder if it's too small for him, because I hear him roll sometimes and he always smacks the side rail with his hand or his arm.

Ah, anyway...

Stacy I can't imagine having a big pregnant belly and keeping up with two youngsters, especially on my own. I had one week of single parenting while Jo was down in TX when her mom had surgery and that was bad enough! I'm glad your hubby will be home soon!

Augs, i'm glad you've got an opportunity to move back. Does Tony not want to move back because he just loves AK that much? (Obviously he loves you more, thank God for that!) Can he maybe go back seasonally for a few weeks or would that be too hard for you? And when he says he doesn't want to spend another whole winter with you in AK, that's a lot - I saw on my friends' blog that they just got plastered with snow in Anchorage... I think that would have me clawing at the walls. And I don't know if, for me, the natural beauty of the place would trump living in the city and being able to find like-minded friends, health care I need for the outcome I want (thinkin' VBAC here), or just the things that come from living in a major metropol. But I'm no country girl - an avowed city mouse here, only willing to take short breaks from the big city to work at summer camp in the north woods.

Becca: I think you're NUTS, but if anyone can pull it off, it's you. :

OK, I'm going to take advantage of the lack of preschooler in the house to do... something...?! Laundry? tidy up? take a nap?!

#136 of 176 Old 05-06-2008, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yo Becca View Post
Eli was also at the top when born (9#10) and now is in the 10th percentile weight. I figure it's just what you get with a healthy pregnancy/breastfed child (b/c the scales are skewed). His head is 92nd percentile though - he kinda has the Q-tip look going on.

My boys have big noggins too. Alex was 14 3/4" at birth and Gabriel was 15 1/2" at birth, so he looks like a Q-tip too since he is petite.

Gabriel (23 months) said the funniest thing tonight. We have been eating dinner for the past few months at the island in the kitchen since dh is gone (usually we eat at the dinner table) and I have a little tv on the island and I put the news on while we eat. So, tonight they were showing Barack Obama because of election stuff and Gabriel says, "Barack Obama is brown, Mommy!" It was so out of the blue and odd too, because he is just starting to learn colors.
#137 of 176 Old 05-06-2008, 03:01 AM

, WOW, Gabriel is verbal!!! I can't imagine Anna (almost 23 months) saying "Barack Obama". I think I'd fall over from shock. She says a ton of words but they're all simple and short. Go Gabriel!!

#138 of 176 Old 05-06-2008, 11:46 AM - Thread Starter

dude, how'd Liz's post get hijacked?!

hmmmmmmmmmmm...

#139 of 176 Old 05-06-2008, 04:29 PM

yep - i checked other posts by clint999 and they talk about a son = npt liz obviously...
#140 of 176 Old 05-07-2008, 04:20 PM

Weirdness, what's up with that? I've never seen that before. (Liz's post on clint999's username)

#141 of 176 Old 05-07-2008, 09:27 PM

Wow. That's some serious weird voodoo...

I'm definately Pm'ing a mod.

I posted that ages ago...

Maybe it's an ad?? (you know in the signature line)

I just checked ... it looks like it was done by a robot... they posted every hour at ten past the hour all night long. One post an hour exactly.

creeps. keep your hands off my words.
Liz, the real Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#142 of 176 Old 05-07-2008, 10:10 PM

Yikes! And the post has been removed now. How weird.

HeatherB ~ mama to 3 wonderful boys:  reading.gif 03/02; modifiedartist.gif09/04; sleepytime.gif 09/07 - and Eliana, babygirl.gif 11/13/10!  
Founder of Houston Birth Alternatives: Be Informed, Encouraged, Supported birth support group and aspiring midwife.

#143 of 176 Old 05-07-2008, 10:19 PM

Yeah! I have been trying to post for about 2 weeks, unsuccesfully... everytime I would log in it would welcome me and then ask me to log in again!
So frustrating!

Of course I don't have time to post replies to everyone right now, so I'll just say hi and dash off to be with the family.

Love to all

Anna Banana ~5 year old daughter ~3 year old son one angel baby and expecting July 2010
#144 of 176 Old 05-08-2008, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by banana girl View Post
Yeah! I have been trying to post for about 2 weeks, unsuccesfully... everytime I would log in it would welcome me and then ask me to log in again!
So frustrating!

Of course I don't have time to post replies to everyone right now, so I'll just say hi and dash off to be with the family.

Love to all
: Anna! Good to see you, if only for a second.

#145 of 176 Old 05-15-2008, 07:14 PM

OK Pregnato ladies.... I want an update!!!
Jen-- I snuck into the Queer mommies to-be section to get an update I was so jonesing...

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#146 of 176 Old 05-16-2008, 09:20 AM

Well, I'm not pregnant, but I feel like I am! Stomach virus since saturday, and now running a fever...

Next week is the last week of school, and I'm looking forward to a break!
#147 of 176 Old 05-16-2008, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Liz are you serious?!! Really there's no news over here. Still feeling barfy and exhausted, and having a hard time keeping up with my energetic son. No idea how people with 6+ children do it over and over. MW appt on Tuesday. Will update after that.

j

#148 of 176 Old 05-16-2008, 10:55 AM

Yup, I'm serious!

Just because one decides not to have any more kids, doesn't mean the urge is not there, in full force. So..... i have to piggy back onto **other** people's pregnancy experiences.

You two are the only preg. people I know!

Liz

Kids. I got two of 'em.
#149 of 176 Old 05-16-2008, 11:31 AM - Thread Starter

Well, if you'd like to share in the joy of the experience, I'd be SO happy to package up my nausea and exhaustion and send it to you... if I only knew how!

Then everyone who has had lots and lots of good breast milk after they give birth can package that up and send it to me. I'll install the milky mojo in place of the nausea. Seriously, I'm worried already about milk supply for #2, because while everyone in my DDC is complaining about unbearably painful breasts that are turning into melons, mine are just the same old, same old... a little sore, but no growth... my midwife just dismisses it and says "oh, you'll do better the second time, everyone does." I'm glad that this time, I have a better idea of my resources for donated breast milk and I think this time I could actually avoid using formula, but not the SNS... *sigh*

#150 of 176 Old 05-16-2008, 01:39 PM

I'm in that weird in-between stage (16 weeks) where I am not sick anymore, have very few symptoms of pg, can't really feel movement and am not showing much... so often I forget I'm pg. The only annoying symptom I'm having is nearly constant headaches. Ugh.

But I did find out that it's probably a girl!! I'm so excited. My current favorite name is Brynn. But we also like Astrid. And I've had great visits with my doctor -- on the last ultrasound he did he said that my uterus looked great and he was very happy and was optimistic about a vaginal birth. Even though we're probably moving and we're probably having a homebirth in washington, it was nice to know he felt so good about it.

Well, I think that we're going across the bay today... I hope the weather is OK. It is still freezing here!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page