Going rate for the tooth fairy? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 66 Old 03-18-2008, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
We paid 5.oo for the first tooth and all else are 1.oo I can't believe 20.oo that's crazy! Maybe wisdom teeth that you need surgry on or something!
#62 of 66 Old 03-18-2008, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
one dollar seems totally normal to me. Anything beyond that seems excessive. And the whole gold thing sounds peachy, until your child loses a tooth right as they are going to bed and you don't have any gold coins! And then you would have to do gold coins to any other kids you have. I have 3 kids, and believe me, by the third you are glad you don't have to go to the bank to get gold coins or to the local metaphysical store to get crystals! Stop the insanity train.

My kids always love their dollar, so I don't see any reason to stop it.
That's great for you! So why judge people who do other amounts of money, or other gifts? Whatever works for your family.

BTW, I got some bulk polished stones online and now have enough for the 40 teeth that will be lost in this house (2 kids). No "runs to the metaphysical store" for me.

A writer/runner/thinker/wife with two daughters (11/02 and 8/05), one dog, three cats, seven fish, and a partridge in a pear tree... in Vermont.
#63 of 66 Old 03-18-2008, 02:30 PM

I imagine if the gold dollar thing was important, someone could buy twenty dollars worth at a time.

Jam 7, Peanut Butter 5, and Bread 2.

#64 of 66 Old 03-18-2008, 04:25 PM

We give 1 quarter.
#65 of 66 Old 03-18-2008, 04:53 PM

We gave a real silver dollar (worth about $20) for the first tooth (it was my dh's from his childhood), and will give Sacagaweas for the rest. Sometimes the toothfairy rewards particularly successful dentist visits too.

Judy mom to Dash (9), Corbin (7) and Will (3) :
#66 of 66 Old 03-18-2008, 10:30 PM

I just wanted to add that for my DD (who is 8) we've talked alot about what the TF, EB and Santa bring to her and her sister vrs other kids. One of her classmates got an nintindo ds in his easter basket last year. It caught me really off guard when she came home talking about it. I'm not ready to give in and tell her that it's us behind it, but I'm pretty sure I said soemthing about parents helping the Easter Bunny (santa, tooth fairy etc) out sometimes and adding goodies to the basket/stocking etc. At Christmas, we get to "help" Santa by buying toys for kids that are in need.

I know it's only a matter of time before we're "found out" but I want to play along as long as she'll let us. FWIW, we generally give about $2.00 per tooth around here as well. If we have gold coins or $2 bills, we use that, if not, it's regular dollars or quarters - the TF is a busy lady and you'd better be greatful for what you get She's also been known to be over booked once or twice and made her stop at our house a few days late...

Cari bfinfant.gif Family Business Owner Married to my HS Sweet-Heart Michael photosmile2.gif
Mama to Bridgitt read.gif (12/99) Rheannon joy.gif (05/04) and Meridith energy.gif (07/08)

and Griffin baby.gif April 2, 2013

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page