5 year old with vaginal adhesions... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 03-23-2008, 03:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
has anyone dealt with this?

we were first told of her adhesions when she was around 1.5, but our *fabulous* pediatrician (we just think the world of her) said to give it time...her hormones would start to kick in at about 2 and it should separate on it's own. She said if it starts to cause problems we can talk about 'helping it along'.

Fast forward to 5, and she is starting to have problems. It seems that urine is pooling behind the adhesion and causing irritation, pain, and itching. We've resorted to vinegar soaks for years whenever this became uncomfortable, and lately this isn't cutting it anymore

We were prescribed Premarin and told to apply it for 30 days. OMG-Premarin?

I love our ped, but I wasn't at this appointment (DH took her) AND it was her partner that prescribed this.

DH filled the script and I keep putting into the back of the cabinet. It can't be THAT bad that we have to use hormones, right?

Plus, one of DH's friends said that his daughter also had adhesions and had to have surgery recently (she's 9!).

Has anyone dealt with this? I did a mothering search but came up with nothing relating directly to this issue.

THANKS!
#2 of 3 Old 03-23-2008, 03:09 AM

I had them as a child, and my ped recommended the same kind of cream. It wasn't great, and I don't know that there were NO side effects, but my vagina is working great now! Seriously, though, I would go w/the cream over the surgery. It's totally short term.

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :
#3 of 3 Old 03-23-2008, 03:10 AM

Also this:

http://parents.berkeley.edu/advice/h...ladhesion.html

Mama to B and O , wife to J and me to me! :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page