Sticker chart/chore chart pictures - Mothering Forums

#1 of 4 Old 04-16-2008, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi, I am going to make a sticker chart for my 3yo ds for simple chores. I want to include things like:
Used napkin at meals,
cleard dish from table and put on counter,
went potty and washed hands
put on shoes all by self
put on jacket all by self
cleaned/help clean up toys
etc, etc...
Does anyone have any good ideas for this? I would also like to have pictures of kids doing these things, are there any good websites to find this? Also a large calander.

Any advice from anyone who uses the sticker chart method would be appreciated.
TIA

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 04-16-2008, 11:58 PM

Subbing in....just interested.

My dd does what you listed - potty, wash hands, get dressed, shoe, coat, etc. - when I ask her to but I don't see why I'd give her a sticker each time she does.

Not to be snarky and not saying it's wrong, I just really don't get why I'd do it?

Kim , mom to Amanda (16):, William (13), and Annie (5)
#3 of 4 Old 04-17-2008, 11:19 AM - Thread Starter

I guess I just want him to feel good about it when I ask "please wash your hands now." As it stands he pretty much throws a fit and wiiiiiiiines for about any small task. This is just a way to encourage a positive attitude with good habits. KWIM?

Molly, Mama, living in the burbs with a beehive and chicken coop,  herb student, gardener, crunchy and preggers with #3, due Nov 4th.flower.gif
The fruit of the spirit is: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness,goodness, gentleness and self control.:

#4 of 4 Old 04-17-2008, 03:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herbmama3-7 View Post
I guess I just want him to feel good about it when I ask "please wash your hands now." As it stands he pretty much throws a fit and wiiiiiiiines for about any small task. This is just a way to encourage a positive attitude with good habits. KWIM?
I read at parentcenter.babycenter.com a good idea about making a "1st response" chart. I got tired of having to repeat myself all the time and hearing complaints about what I had asked my daughter to do, so I thought I'd give it a try. She gets a sticker every time she does one of thoes things you mentioned, the first time I ask. After 10 stickers, she gets some kind of prize. For us it's $1 because she's very into earning money right now. It works well when we do a good job keeping up with it.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page