Mothering Forum banner

Iron Man?

706 views 11 replies 10 participants last post by  infraread 
#1 ·
Can anyone tell me about the violence level/gore level of Iron Man? We aren't too big on censoring movies, but this will only be DD's 2nd time in the theater.
She is just dying to see it.
Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
We decided not to see it. Ben is 7 and would probably love it. Dh and I both saw the previews and it looked pretty intense. Good luck making your decision. I am interested in what others have to say.

#3 ·
We LOVED it. However, we did cover the kids eyes a couple of times. There was a family being torn apart (think war-style, taking the dad away, threats, terrified children watching their father be beaten, etc) and while I'm sure it's a reality, I don't want to expose my kids to it right now. We covered their eyes.

Everything else wasn't too much.

#4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by thixle View Post
Can anyone tell me about the violence level/gore level of Iron Man? We aren't too big on censoring movies, but this will only be DD's 2nd time in the theater.
She is just dying to see it.
Thanks!
Oh good, my kid isn't the only one! I'll be lurking to check out the responses
:

#5 ·
I went with dd and Dh. dd has seen things like X-men, Transformers, Spiderman, etc and while not the most thrilling she does like to discuss such things with her classmates. unlike the others, dd hated this move. She was bored and I don't think she really understood the plot (she doesn't know much about the current war going on and lots of the movie showed fighting in the middle east)
I did cover dd's eyes a bunch. lots of womanizing (stripper pole on the plane, etc)
I just kept hoping it would get better, but overall not something I would recommend and honestly I would discourage this for young school age dc.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chel View Post
I went with dd and Dh. dd has seen things like X-men, Transformers, Spiderman, etc and while not the most thrilling she does like to discuss such things with her classmates. unlike the others, dd hated this move. She was bored and I don't think she really understood the plot (she doesn't know much about the current war going on and lots of the movie showed fighting in the middle east)
I did cover dd's eyes a bunch. lots of womanizing (stripper pole on the plane, etc)
I just kept hoping it would get better, but overall not something I would recommend and honestly I would discourage this for young school age dc.
I'm glad we are passing it up! I'm sorry you guys didn't like it tho.

#11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by chel View Post
Oh, I forgot about that part! Yeah, we did eye-covers at that point, too. And when he was in bed w/ that reporter chick in the beginning.

#12 ·
My 6 year old got bored with this one and fell asleep about a 40 minutes into it. Before that, he asked lots of questions about what was going on in the movie, and why. It's not so much the scenes the other posters have mentioned that would make me think twice if I'd known before hand (that's just me, mind you, everyone has their limits), it's that the story itself is not kid friendly like I expected it to be. It was a good movie, but I would wait for it to come out on DVD if possible.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.