"Girls wear shirts" - Page 3 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#61 of 65 Old 05-21-2008, 04:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I would be fine with my DD running around without a shirt at that age.

Mommy to THREE sweet boys & ONE sweet girl + a newb due in February!  I need a nap. 
#62 of 65 Old 05-21-2008, 06:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KBecks View Post
I feel my children's bodies are beautiful, healthy and natural, but they are private and not for public viewing.
ita. this is what i was saying.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.
#63 of 65 Old 05-21-2008, 08:42 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBecks View Post
I would like all my kids, male or female, to be dressed with a shirt and bottoms while outside.
As long as you enforce it for boys AND girls, then I'm OK with it. But if it's just GIRLS who have to wear shirts, then that's sexualizing girls because someday (but not now) they will have breasts.

And I don't have the extreme fears of predators that I'm reading from some people on this thread. All I have to say is I wouldn't want to live my life in that kind of fear. It makes me claustrophobic! It's not that I don't worry about it, but really, giving my children a healthy body image is far more important to me than the SMALL, REMOTE possibility that some stranger or neighbor is a predator who will turn out to stalk my child. The healthy body image can help protect them when I'm not around. And from people that they KNOW. People they know are much more likely to be a danger.

Lynnteapot2.GIF, academicreading.gif,geek.gif wife, WOHM  to T jog.gif(4/01) and M whistling.gif (5/04)
#64 of 65 Old 05-21-2008, 10:00 PM

My daughter (3) strips herself down in the yard.
#65 of 65 Old 05-21-2008, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnS6 View Post
SMALL, REMOTE possibility that some stranger or neighbor is a predator who will turn out to stalk my child. The healthy body image can help protect them when I'm not around. And from people that they KNOW. People they know are much more likely to be a danger.
small and remote seems different if it actually happens to your kid. then it is all you can think about. thats why i changed how i felt about it. i used to not care if they wore shirts or if their panties showed from under their skirts. maybe i became over-sensitive about it. the more i instill in them that their bodies are only for them, the less likely they are to let someone touch them inappropriately.

Me,DH,DS1'95, '98,DSD'03,DD1'07,DD2'09,DS2'12 Living with Fructose Malabsorption Syndrome and Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome Type 3-Hypermobility.)o( and sometimes I get toif I am lucky.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page