Very loud 5-y/o - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 03-27-2002, 05:17 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is it just my ds, or are 5-y/o kids a generally loud bunch? He's always been a chatty and loudish kind of boy, but lately he is driving me nuts with the constant yelling about everything. And every time he gets even the tiniest slight little tap on any part of his body, he screams OW-OW-OW-OW-OW unceasingly until one of us goes and offers sympathy. It may be a big-brother bid for attention, but sometimes I lose my patience with him. One day he and my dd (14 mos) were in his room and I was in the laundry room, and suddenly ds started screaming at the very top of his lungs, saying "Oh no, Mom, come quick! Oh no, it's really terrible!" and of course I thought the absolute worst, was prepared for blood and broken bones, and I tore across the house, knocking chairs out of my way, and do you know what the problem was? Baby sister had just learned to stand on her tiptoes and turn off the TV while he was watching a video. I think that took a year off my life, I swear. Sigh.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2002, 05:23 PM
glh

Sounds like my ds5. He is much louder than his older brother was and it seems like dd1 will be more on the quiet side. Read "The Spirited Child", it may apply to your son. I've noticed that as outgoing and loud as ds5 is, he is also very sensitive and can't seem to keep ANY of his emotions to himself. He is so different from me and my other kids (but a lot like dh) that he is challenging, but also a lot of fun. He loves to talk to everyone and is curious about everything, he is a charmer.
Old 03-27-2002, 05:26 PM - Thread Starter

That's my ds too, very spirited and charming and outgoing, and extremely sensitive. I am on the hold list for The Spirited Child at the library, I have heard great things about it. Most of the time I am delighted by my ds, but this loud thing just hurts my head sometimes!

User Tag List