5 year old boy peeing every 15 minutes? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 35 Old 07-25-2008, 12:30 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My ds had this too, when he was 5 and a half. I took him to the doctor, and she tested his urine. It was fine. She said that the urge to pee is real, it will pass, and let him pee as often as he wants too.

It did pass.

Mama to my 2 boys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#32 of 35 Old 07-26-2008, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post
Egads! RUN AWAY!

Embee, good luck with the vacation.
LOL. Thanks.

So far, it's hasn't reached obsessive proportions, just a little more frequency than normal. In any case, we're heading out on vacation with confidence. DH and I are resolve not to make a big deal of it as usual. And, if we need to vent only when DH and I are alone, "OMG, if he runs for the bathroom one more time during this movie, I'm gonna lose it!" Seriously, an 80 minute movie can take 2 1/4 hours around here!

The best,
Em

Em 43 - Wife to hubby Mom to DS born: Jan. '01
#33 of 35 Old 07-26-2008, 04:29 PM

Been through this before....!!! Someone may have already responded to your question but if it's not a medical condition, then it's most likely what the call Extraordinary Daytime Urinary Frequency. At one point, my son was going every 5 minutes for hours. Sometimes every minute! Luckily, his preschool teacher said it was not happening in school. Apparently, it's common in 5-6 year olds and is often brought on by a traumatic experience(however, very rarely is the traumatic experience ever found). In your case, it may have been the vacation. Maybe he seemed happy to be there but inside he was freaking out about the new experience or the airplane? Maybe he thought he was never going home? Our first time around with this lasted about 3-4 weeks with a peak in the middle. The second and third times were only for a few days at a time.

ETA: after reading through this thread I see many have suggested Pollakiuria. It's the same thing that I mentioned, just a funnier yet easier name
#34 of 35 Old 09-04-2013, 07:00 PM

I am glad to know that this might be normal in a boy. With my son the only difference is that he is a bit older he is 9yo. I noticed the frequency after a trip to Florida. In the airport alone he used the boys room about 4 time in a period of 1/2 hour. While in the plane he got up about another 5 times and this was a 3 hour trip. The information I have read has comfort me a bit but I will take him to see his Doctor just to make sure.
#35 of 35 Old 09-05-2013, 01:46 AM

Has he been tested for diabetes? Is he drinking excessive amounts?

My DSS was diagnose diabetic at 2.5 yr and that was a major sign.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page