Stinky Feet! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 07-09-2008, 06:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My son's feet are SO stinky! I think he inherited the gene from his mama. All of his shoes start to reek after he's worn them just a few times, especially sandals.

Does your kid have stinky shoes/feet? What do you do about it???

(This thread might be in the wrong place, I didn't know where to put it!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 7 Old 07-09-2008, 06:18 PM

My DS also has super stinky feet and shoes. I'm not sure what to do about it. In our house we just wash his feet daily and air out the shoes.

I do have a funny story about his feet though. . .I love baby feet, to kiss them, play with them. . .well, DS's feet have always been stinky even as a baby so everytime I tried to play with his feet... peeeee ewwwww stinky toes. . .I said this so often that now it's a funny game to put his feet on my nose just to get me to say this again--blech!!

Barbara:  an always learning SAHM of Ilana (11) and Aiden (8) living in Belgium with my amazing husband.

#3 of 7 Old 07-09-2008, 06:31 PM

I have a son who has stinky feet. OMG, he had these sandals last yr that were just so gross, I threw them out after he outgrew them. I had tried to wash them and could not get rid of the beast. Crocs are one of the only things he can wear w/o getting stink, and they also are the only shoe he likes to wear.
#4 of 7 Old 07-09-2008, 09:39 PM

OK, so this probably won't be popular from a natural living perspective, but I've found that Gold Bond powder makes a HUGE difference for me personally. I don't have so much of a problem in cold weather, but in the summer my feet get S-T-I-N-K-Y. I live in/around NYC so I spend an inordinate amount of time walking and it's really an issue. The Gold Bond stuff has really made a difference... though as I'm running out I think I'll start to research what some natural alternatives might be.
#5 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 04:36 PM

No personal experience, but a good friend says she cannot wear her shoes two days in a row. She must let them dry for a day or two before wearing them again. Something to try...
#6 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
The foot smell is probably from a fungus, passed around harmlessly. When I was young, verytime one of us kids would get stinky feet my mom would do a very cheap and natural treatment:
Clip toe nails very short
Soak in Distilled Vinegar (5 or 7%), diluted 1-1 w/ water
soak all shoes and socks in the same solution

Repeat when needed.
I use it on my husband now and it works everytime!

Momma to DD (12/04) hearts.gif and DS (11/09) hbac.gif.
I survived 16 mos! Ask me about breastfeeding a baby with posterior tongue tie, high palate, and weak oral motor skills- whew!

#7 of 7 Old 07-10-2008, 06:14 PM

crocs are great. if his feet smell, use rubbing alcohol with a cotton ball. if the shoes smell, throw um in the dishwasher or washing machine. in the winter, give him wooly socks to wear with thre crocs. just a thought.

homeschooling mama to DD 10 & DS 7 blogging.jpg

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page