Sept 04 mamas - end of 2008 thread! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 122 Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anna -- I'm so sorry. It is a hard adjustment to go from pregnant to not pregnant with no new life in the house, isn't it? I hope your goodbyes are healing and that you come out of this renewed and hopeful. Andrew knew about our babe, and so we made a little goodbye card, and I asked him what he wanted to write. He said "I will not see you forever." He drew a head, and then a scribble body on the paper. Then, as if he had totally understood what happened, he took the card and cut all the bright edges off it, and took the hole punch and punched holes all through it so that only his picture was left in the middle with the words above it.

Strangely enough, I was in a real funk for the last six months or so, feeling really borderline depressed, like I could barely cope and everything was terrible. But somehow mourning this lost babe has helped me come out of it. I guess I feel like I should just stop complaining about my kids, and that I shouldn't have been so ungrateful and grumpy about being pregnant, but that I should just love and appreciate what I have, because you never know how long any of it is going to be there. So thats my little shard of enlightenment for the day.

Hugs, Anna.

Becca -- thats awesome that Robin is reading. She's always been so clever and active. Must take after her mom.

Jill , mom to Andrew (09/04), Aaron(01/07), and Emma (11/09)
#122 of 122 Old 01-10-2009, 11:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I started a new thread for us here.

Mama to 3 kids. We live in a yurt!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page