I made 4, but should have stopped at 2. The first two came out great! One is blue and white, the other is pink, orange, and yellow.
Then I messed up the last two. One is purple/raspberry/blue and was great until I accidentally dripped some water on it while it was drying and it mess up the dye. I tried to fix it, but just ended up making it worse. I know DS will still enjoy it, but it was so perfect and pretty before the accident.
The last one I decided to try a rainbow. It too was looking great, but I decided it would take too long to dry all rolled up(and I need my table back for dinner tonight) so I decided to carefully unroll it. I was almost finished and I'm not sure exactly what I did, but it stuck together and got purple and blue all over the orange and yellow. So I crumpled it all up and smooshed it together and then put it flat. Looks...interesting. Again, DS will probably love playing with it anyway.
It is lots of fun, but I think I'm only going to do two at a time from now on.
Good for you! That's all part of trying something new.. there will be new things to learn every time. I bet you're right though; he will have fun playing with them no matter what. Especially since they are mama-made with love.