guided craft for kids? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-28-2009, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am looking for some SIMPLE crafts for little ones. I always throw out random craft supplys and thats fun, but every once in a while I would love to give them an actual project to do.

And I am thinking of making ziplock bags with projects in them to whip out in a pinch.

I think we are going to make pine cone bird feeders today.
#2 of 3 Old 04-29-2009, 05:19 AM

We've made binoculars with DD a couple of times--just take two toilet paper tubes and paint them/cover them with fun paper, attach them together with tape or glue and punch a couple of holes for a neck cord.

Cut out cookies are always fun (and tasty!). You can play with the cookie dough like play dough, then roll, cut, and bake. You can do decorations before or after baking (or not at all).

There was a recent thread about weaving that had a link to a project that looked pretty neat--I'll see if I can find it. (ETA: Here's the thread.)

Are your kids old enough for some simple origami?

Maybe some little sewing kits (I'm thinking cut out doll or animal shapes, for instance, that they could stitch together and stuff)?

Amy loving DH 5/04, raising DD 2/05 and DS 11/09; missing my mom& my babies 6/07, 12/07; and on the side
#3 of 3 Old 04-29-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustmamie View Post

Maybe some little sewing kits (I'm thinking cut out doll or animal shapes, for instance, that they could stitch together and stuff)?
I've been thinking of doing this for my younger ones by cutting out shapes in felt or even craft foam and using a hole punch around the edges and letting them sew them together with yarn and a really blunt plastic yarn needle... mine definitely are NOT ready for a real needle! :-)
So far, I'm thinking little purses or bag... maybe a simple stuffed animal, maybe little mittens or something that would be good for dressup.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page