Brownie (or similar) sash dimensions? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 05-03-2009, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Could someone measure a brownie sash and give me the dimensions? I understand how the seam is tapered and angled at the bottom but I'm looking for width in particular and length if you can.

We are making Daisy sashes (making it up) and I'm need to cut them and sew them. I'm actually thinking about vests instead since I don't think the petals will fit on a sash and it doesn't appear to be "approved." But I don't have that much fabric. I only need to make 3 or 4.

Thank you.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-03-2009, 10:04 PM

According to the girl scout store, the brownie sashes are either 47 or 59 inches long, and iirc from being a girl scout (brownie and junior, a while ago lol) about 5 inches wide. Does that seem right? They basically come to about the hip, so I might measure on one girl (or each girl) how long to make it go over one shoulder and to the other hip. That is for brownies, daisy scouts are younger, and so smaller sashes might be appropriate.

Daisy's officially wear vests or tunics I think (tunics being basically two square/rectangle shaped peices, which are sewn over the shoulders, and tied on the sides.

Caroline, partner to J, post partum doula, kitchen manager, aspiring midwife, soon to be nursing student, mama to my furbaby, someday a mama to not so furry munchkins, G-d willing
Old 05-03-2009, 10:08 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks. I looked all over for the sash dimensions.

I just looked online and I saw how they wore tunics, which for some reason the moms have decided are ugly, or vests. I'm not sure I have enough fabric for vests but now I'm not sure the petals will fit on a sash....

hmmmm.

Third generation WOHM. I work by choice.

User Tag List