Aplix - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 06-06-2009, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Can I buy some good aplix at Hancock's Fabric or do I need to order it online? I bought a diaper pattern and materials at the time DD was born and gave it to my step mom to sew up quickly. Well, 15 months later, she mailed it back to me just as I had mailed it to her but minus the aplix. : I am so stinken aggravated. I would have never mailed her the dang thing if she hadn't said she would sew it. I only asked her because I had a brand new baby and didn't think I would have time. Anywho, I hate to wait even longer on shipping but I don't want to make a crap diaper either. What do you ladies think?

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-08-2009, 10:53 AM - Thread Starter

Seriously... No one has bought Velcro at a fabric store and put them on their diapers and thought 'man, I should have just bought the aplex online' or 'wow, that turned out great"? I guess I am going to have to find out for myself. I hope it turns out in my favor.

A wife to A, unschoolen mom to C (7), T (3) & little A (9 months).
Hey Nena, I know you are creepen on me. privateeyes.gif  Get a life. 
Old 06-08-2009, 07:47 PM

Personally, i think it's worth buying aplix or touch tape online. i don't think the store bought stuff will generally be able to hold up to the washing and use of diapers.

That said, I've never tried the store stuff on a diaper! But just based on other things I've used it for, i don't think it will hold up that well and you'll find yourself replacing it after a few months...

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:20 PM

I've heard the same thing that MM said, that the stuff in the store won't stand up to washings, but I don't have any experience with it.
Old 06-13-2009, 05:35 PM

I just bought 7 yards of TouchTape (7 of hook and 7 of loop) (aplix was a bit more) at DiaperStash.com plus 30 yards of elestic and only spent $30 with shipping.... I dont know if you had a place in mind to buy from, but I thought I would share where I bought

*Krystyna* SAHM to: Lillyanna (03-05-04) & Bryleigh (07-09-09)
Old 06-24-2009, 01:20 AM

made the mistake of using store bought on my first batch. don't do it!

Cheryl, loving wife to a wonderfully goofy mannut.gif, mama to Jonah and Remifencing.gif, just trying to get out of this with my sanity and a decent looking hairdo

User Tag List