Earth pigment paints - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 04-20-2002, 05:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm going to force myself to start painting again. Looking for those Isabella & the pot of basil paintings on the drying herbs thread has inspired me. I used to feel far more balanced & together when I painted. Now I tend to make useful things, which is useful, but does not soothe my soul.

I am getting heavily into my gardening & thought why not try making some earth pigment paints. That way, I get to combine my love of the earth, I'm making something useful too, the baby can eat them without poisoning herself ( once I've found a decent recipe that is without glue in ). I'm also thinking sea pigment paints too. I'm off to the beach tomorrow so I've look for different coloured sand & shells I can grind up.

Question. Anyone else here do this ? Any good recipes to share ? I found a few links on the net but they all use white glue. I want something more natural & cheap
#2 of 3 Old 05-29-2002, 07:55 PM

I am so exited someone else is thinking about this! I read "The girl with the pearl earing" about Vermeer and he makes some paint in it, it looked like recepies to me, ingredients at least, and i thought I'd try it, haven't yet, but I thought you'd be interested.

:::
#3 of 3 Old 05-29-2002, 08:32 PM - Thread Starter

I've got to go to the library some time this week, so I'll look out the book. Thanx heaps

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page