cheapest place for Stockmar Crayons? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 08-13-2009, 01:46 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
What is the best (ie cheapest) site for buying Stockmar block crayons and modelling beeswax? Also, are there other beeswax modelling companies besides Stockmar and Artemis? Thanks everyone!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 08-29-2009, 12:45 AM

I bought my stockmar modeling wax off amazon. I'd be interested to see what others have to say.
#3 of 4 Old 09-09-2009, 01:05 AM

I've purchased mine from Three Sisters Toys (a MDC mama ). I'd ask the mamas in the Waldorf forum...they'd probably know the best.

knit.gifmama to my boy autismribbon.gif (9/06) and my girl (3/09) and surprise 1sttri.gif due in May!

#4 of 4 Old 09-09-2009, 01:34 AM

A Toy Garden has Stockmar crayons (both block and stick) on sale now ($12.95 for 8 and $22.95 for 16). Three Sisters is slightly cheaper at $11.25 for 8 (either block or stick). Hip Mountain Mama is also similar in price.

Stockmar Modeling Beeswax - Down to Earth Toys has 6 sheets for $12.99. Three Sisters also has a decent price, but they're out of stock (they've said they'll be restocking soon). Hip Mountain Mama is along that same price range at $13.99 for 6. A Toy Garden has a 15 piece for $23.95.

When figuring cheapest price it probably also pays to load some of these things up into a shopping cart and find out what the shipping will be. I've found in some cases that it varies widely and sometimes has made a big difference in price between the two. I vaguely recall seeing Hip Mountain Mama in one of the banner ads on MDC. If you could click on one of those it'd be even better. Some of the retailers I listed above are also listed on Mothering's shopping guide which based upon the links given there I suspect that Mothering may get a portion of the sale from those links as well.

I prefer either Three Sisters of A Toy Garden, but this last time when I wanted to order something just about everything I wanted from Three Sisters was out of stock. In either case the shipping is fast and I really like the customer service.

ETA: I just saw your other question - if you go to Paper, Scissors, Stone they list two different kinds - Stockmar and Stone. I've found their site helpful to see what's out there, but have found their prices (especially if you're placing a smallish order) to be a bit more expensive, especially when you add in the shipping.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page