Armor for my little nights (haloween help needed) - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 08-17-2009, 02:02 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My 2 and 4 year olds want to be little nights/princes for Haloween. I would like to make them costumes that can be easily used for dress up play. Has anyone sewn costumes before? Any suggestions for patterns?

Thanks!
#2 of 3 Old 08-17-2009, 08:51 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm not sure about a helmet/head covering but for the knight, I'd make a cape, a pair of elastic waist pants (pajama patterns are nice), and this, out of fun metallic fabric to simulate a plate of armor. I know the pattern is for a dress but it's such a versatile piece that children can get on and off with little help and the pattern is for a great range of sizes. My daughter was a pink cat for Halloween last year and I found some fantastic pink fur and that was the top of her costume, along with pants with a tail sewn in, and a headband covered in the fabric with ears on top. Done. Heck, I'd even consider lengthening the pattern and making a princess something or other out of it and pairing it with wide legged pants out of the same flowing material.

Have fun!

(I also like it because I can stick the appropriate length sleeves under it in a matching color.)

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004
#3 of 3 Old 08-19-2009, 12:36 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
How about this pattern: http://www.simplicity.com/p-3062-child-costumes.aspx Lots of options for dress up play as well as costume choices.

This is the one I used for Dylan's knight costume: http://www.simplicity.com/p-2247-costumes.aspx I made the hood twice. The first time out of glue on sequin fabric and the 2nd hood out of quilted teflon coated fabric. He wore the 2nd hood under the cardboard helmet he made.

Chris--extended breastfeeding, cloth diapering, babywearing, co-sleeping, APing, CLW, homeschooling before any of this was a trend mom to Joy (1/78), Erica (8/80), Angela (9/84), Dylan (2/98)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page