help me with a SIMPLE scrapbook, please! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-03-2009, 06:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
ok, i´ve seen some beautiful scrapbooks that you make, my kid is 3.6yo and i only have his pics on cd´s... i want to make a scrapbook for him, and for me of course!

please help me with the basics!
i don´t have enough money to buy great expensive scrapbooks, how can i make my own? what type of paper do i need? what do i put them in? i´m lost!

thanks!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2009, 01:59 PM

I think that Scrapjazz.com has the best articles on beginning scrapbooking.

Might I also suggest doing a photo book, then using stickers to "dress it up?" That would be a really easy way to get some journalling onto your pages next to your pictures without making it too difficult or time-intensive.

If you want to do paper scrapbooking, I'd start at a craft store, like Michaels, because they have a good selection of papers. Start with a few pieces of patterned paper and a few pieces of colored papers that go well with the others. Grab some acid-free (most are) double sticky tape and a paper trimmer. That's all you really need to get started. At first, you can just match the colored paper to the patterned paper, trim the photos and mat them with the colored paper. Stick it all down with double sided tape and your set. You can add other techniques as you get good at the beginner stuff.

As for an album, I would suggest getting a binder from an office store, like Staples. Get one with a slip cover on the front so you can make a pretty cover for your scrapbook. Buy a packet of 8.5x11 sheet protectors (you can get like 200 of them for $13 or so). Just put the sheet protectors into the binder and start filling them with scrapbook pages.

Have fun and try not to stress yourself out- just start. You can alway so back and redo your beginning pages as you get better.
Old 09-10-2009, 06:58 PM - Thread Starter

good ideas, thank you very much.
i tried normal pages inside sheet protectors, but i don´t like it that much... maybe it´s because the sheets inside are not stiff enough...
i´ll try again, thanks!

User Tag List