Re-purposing stained clothing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 09-10-2009, 11:18 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Like most families with toddlers/children, we have a bunch of clothes (mostly t-shirts) that are really stained up in various spots. Otherwise, the clothes are perfectly fine and wearable. Do you have any great ideas for turning these into cute clothes again? Not just applique, because I would have to put applique in some odd random spots
Maybe take the sleeves off of one and add them to another? I don't really know...
What do you do?

knit.gifMarried to my best friend, mama to two boys (12/5/07, 2/12/10) and a sweet little girl (5/2/13).

#2 of 3 Old 09-10-2009, 02:12 PM

I cut them into good size squares and use them as hankies. The universe brings me more t-shirts than I can manage with so cutting some up is no big deal.

If you don't want to do that then you could cut up the backs an add ties/poppers/velcro to make them into painting aprons?

Make a fake 'under layer' by cutting off the bottom of one and adding it to teh bottom of another one?

Or make them into little cushions or sheets and pillowcases for a dolls bed maybe?

Or just wear them on days when you know you won't be seeing people who judge you by how stained your kids clothes are....
#3 of 3 Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 PM

Tie-dye?

dust.gif & superhero.gif :: 9/2004

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page