sewing hoodies out of recycled sweaters - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 1 Old 09-10-2009, 08:54 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and using every bit of that old sweater for something. leftovers for felt crafts to sew on? etc.
...so in my early career of sewing on a generic sewing machine and by hand i've thus far managed to create bumsweaters out of old wool sweaters. how about a hoodie like this mum's on etsy?: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php...ng_id=29993871 ones that are kimono-style and or just pull overs. the elastic bit seems brilliant. it seems like such a simple task but i am definitely needing some help to get me going.
and also, are there any great sites/blogs with ideas, how-to's and patterns for leftovers? slippers, hats, shirts, babylegs and any thing else? stimulate me. inspire me. i've found some older links here on MDC with some sites but I'm looking for more and/or maintained ones. please point me in the write direction..because of my harried schedule i'm completely self-taught and i'd love a mentor of some kind but i don't know how feasible that is with a 7 mo old dd and a 7 mo. old aussie pup. feel free to send me an email if you have a moment to share your personal wisdom too

cheers mamas!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page