Sizing your garments for resale?? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 2 Old 09-21-2009, 03:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Okay. I am very new to sewing garments for myself or others. but my niece and I want to start making clothes specifically skirts to sell at local craft shows. I want people at the craft shows to easily find their size. I know it is so hard to understand the sizing when I look at patterns anyways. And it was really hard to teach that to my niece. So, do any of you have any advice for us? I want them to be able to easily look for their size. so, how do make sure that the sizing that most people are used to matches your measurements you have for different sizes? I'm not even sure if I'm making sense.

Thanks in advance.
Marnita
#2 of 2 Old 09-22-2009, 08:29 AM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Look for a clothing size chart on any department store's site. Use that, and then have a copy of the chart available at the fair for people to be able to compare their size to if they ask. If they can't try on before buying (dressing rooms?), have a tape measure on hand so they can measure if they don't know.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page