Okay, I had been playing out an idea of how to make a PF into a prefitted AIO. I really liked the tutorial of the PFs to prefitteds, and thought I could alter it to make a simple, cheap and easy AIO. AIOs=Daddy friendly. Now, I have run out of PFs, and I have 56 preemie Prefitteds. LOL So, I certainly don't need anymore of those! Some are very girly, a few GN, and then a dozen of boyish ones. I can give away or FSOT the boy ones if this one really is a girl as they say. Or, we can put blue on a girl.
But, I had more flannel and fleece (from that other trip to JAs
) that was calling my name, so I decided I would makeshift some PFs, and then turn them into AIOs. And, I am seriously considering make a tutorial out of it, because it is so easy, can be used on any size PF, and maybe someone might like it. I made the froggie camo fleece and flannel for my first one. The back tabs were a little long, but overall, it is very cute. The bottom actually cups under the bottom, so the poo will stay in there. And, the back goes up high enough, that there shouldn't be any leakage there. But, it is a T&T and I usually just use my serger.
The next one I made was an outer green fleece with a tie dye skully flannel. It is an inch shorter on the rise, because of the way my fabric was cut. I used the size of a preemie PF, but an extra inch on each way, kind of like a NB PF. One layer of upcycled flannel, the 4 layer soaker pad is zigzagged to that, but not all the way from front and back, as if I was using a PF, I might cut that part out to get the bulk out for the snaps and elastic. Then, I used a new flannel as the outer. So, it would be a 2x6x2 PF, although I know they don't usually come that way. The middle layers end up being a total of 10 cotton layers, and 3 fleece layers when it is all sewn, cut, folded, turned right side out, etc. I don't know how well they will dry, is my only question. I could have made the soaker with just 2 layers. I know the baby won't need any additional soaker fabric. And, the baby won't wee out of it either, because of the protection down below.
So, here are some links:http://family.webshots.com/photo/226...01425253ULwMDFhttp://family.webshots.com/photo/213...01425253lYhWpjhttp://family.webshots.com/photo/263...01425253PKnpnuhttp://family.webshots.com/photo/207...01425253frBOwThttp://family.webshots.com/photo/210...01425253VyBbkxhttp://family.webshots.com/photo/273...01425253zWPDjl
The green one looks like it needs a blue fleece skull applique or something, but I would have to add that by hand now. I actually cut out 24 upcycled layers with soakers, and so now I have 7 different combinations of AIOs. They are really fast to do, and super cute. Once they have been washed, I am sure they will soften up. And, if you used used PFs, they would be even softer. I used mostly new fabrics, so I think that makes these a little different than they would be otherwise. I took pics already of the green one, to make the tutorial, and even doing all the pics, it still took me no time at all to make it. Kymberli