Any great Christmas card photo ideas? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-04-2009, 05:21 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I usually send out Christmas cards with a photo of my children on it. They have gotten cuter each year, but now I am out of ideas. Does anyone have any great ideas for Christmas photo cards?

I have done:

The kids in PJs in front of the fireplace holding cookies and milk for Santa and carrots for the reindeer.
A collage of photos of them baking cookies (stirring the batter, rolling out the gingerbread men, putting on sprinkles, eating them).
And the best - last year - an "I Spy" Christmas photo. I filled the area around the Christmas tree with various toys and took a picture of the children in the crowed space with a caption "I Spy: Four teddy bears, three dinosaurs, six toy horses, two drums, etc."

So now I need an idea for this years photo. Help, please!

Tanya
Mom to John (age 11), James (age 9) & Katherine (age 5)
#2 of 4 Old 11-05-2009, 03:09 PM

How about a picture of them in a hot tub or pool?

Have you spelled out your last name with them yet?

Nativity scene?

Santa's workshop?

Snowman building?

Stocking stuffing?

Candy making?

Wrapping presents? Wrapping themselves?

Hope that helps a bit.
#3 of 4 Old 11-11-2009, 11:51 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I think I remember seeing puzzle cards a few years ago and I'm betting you could find a puzzle template online. You print your cards on heavier than normal paper, then send the pieces in the envelope. The receiver puts it together and you can have a quote about a pieceful/peaceful holiday season or piece/peace on earth.
#4 of 4 Old 11-12-2009, 03:09 PM

You could take a picture or two of each of the kids with their favorite things (favorite toy, book, people, pet, food, etc.), and then say something like "Wishing you a holiday season full of your favorite things..." on the card

Or if you're good at capturing candid pictures, you could try to get some shots of your kids with different expressions (laughing, daydreaming, etc.) and do a card with a caption under each photo like "Wonder," "Joy," "Laughter." Then you could put under that..."Wishing you a holiday season filled with all of the above..." or something like that. (Hope that made sense...!?)

Good luck! I'm trying to some up with some new ideas myself.

Mama to DS (5)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page