I'm looking for a place to get a wonderful woldorf inspired doll - handmade - Mothering Forums

#1 of 6 Old 11-07-2009, 05:30 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
my baby girl is turning one and i'm looking for a place to get a handmade woldorf inspired doll, preferably a designer that used mostly recycled material? tall order, can anyone help?

tia! kelli
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 6 Old 11-08-2009, 03:15 PM

Try Etsy. There is a huge selection there. Just do a search for waldorf doll or hand made doll and thousands of wonderful items will come up. You can also use the "Alchemy" function to request a hand made item people will bid on filling your request. Be sure to read the feedback of the seller before purchasing.

Good luck!
#3 of 6 Old 11-09-2009, 06:51 PM

I ordered my daughter one from www.bamboletta.com. We just got her in the mail, and she is BEAUTIFUL!!!! My daughter is one as well, and wants to take her everywhere she goes. It melts my heart!
#4 of 6 Old 11-09-2009, 07:00 PM

You could definitely do the doll's clothes out of recycled fabric. Possibly the hair if you could find a sweater in the right color to be un-woven and the yarn re-used. I think the body fabric and wool stuffing would probably have to be new though.

Suzan, mama to DS 9-18-07 and #2 EDD 3/4/10 GIRL!.
#5 of 6 Old 11-12-2009, 07:13 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I'm afraid I don't have the time to actually make one for you, but I made a beautiful Waldorf-inspired doll for my daughter from nearly 100% recycled materials and I have full instructions if you'd like to try your hand at it:

http://community.livejournal.com/doi...out/30295.html

Mama to a bright 7 y/o girl
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
and an exuberant 3 y/o boy
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
 Loving unschooling, 2x

and natural living in Hawaii.
#6 of 6 Old 11-15-2009, 11:32 PM

amberskyfire - thank you so much for those Waldorf Doll instructions. I have been looking for something exactly like that!!! Your doll is lovely!

Apologies for stealing the thread!!

SAHM to my and and due in summer 2010, married to my best friend.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page