Black Apple Dolls? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-16-2009, 04:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I want to make a few of these dolls for gifts this year, but I cannot for the life of me download the tutorials for them from the Martha Stewart site. I get the gist of them, I think, but I may be missing something. Can anyone give me any tips on making these?

I am pretty sure they are just a triangle(ish) body, circle head, and tube legs and arms. Any tips for making these things and then attaching them? I stuff all of it before attaching them to the body, right? When do I put the hair on, before or after I stuff/attach it to the body?

Thanks for any tips or advice you can give me!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-16-2009, 06:42 PM

The video of her making them with Martha is on the website. http://www.marthastewart.com/article...a-stewart-show

You stuff the arms and legs before you attach them and sew the hair on before you attach it to the body and stuff.

:,,:, to my three veggie ladies 12/09/05, : 10/03/07 & 07/10/09 hanging on for dear life to :
#3 of 4 Old 11-17-2009, 01:06 AM - Thread Starter

I can't watch videos on my crappy dialup. But thanks for the link!

I just winged it, and my doll came out super cute. I love her. (Her name is Fiona. ) Except that her neck is super floppy. And did I have to sew her hair on by hand, or could I have did it with the machine? (I hate hand sewing!)

Is there a trick for non-floppy necked dolls? I want to make one or two more, so I'd like to figure it out before I tackle the next two.
#4 of 4 Old 11-17-2009, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenelopeJune View Post

Is there a trick for non-floppy necked dolls? I want to make one or two more, so I'd like to figure it out before I tackle the next two.
Sew the head on before you stuff it and it should not flop. Sew the head to the body and leave an opening in the side of the body to stuff them together.

mother, wife, lover of life.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page