QUICK & easy craft/activity ideas for kids ages 6-10ish - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-18-2009, 01:22 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So, I’m the pre-meeting activity person for my son’s Cub Scout pack. My job is to keep the boys (ages 6-10ish) from going crazy for maybe 15-20 minutes while we wait for everyone to get there for their meetings. So I’m looking for some easy craft/activity ideas that they could do within this time frame without a ton of adult help.

TIA!

Liz om.gif Lovin' DH partners.gif DS (12) coolshine.gif and forever missing DD angel3.gif (12/02/07) ribbonpb.gif
From the withered tree, a flower blooms~ He's here!!! So crazy in love with my  rainbow1284.gif  boy!!! 12/14/11 luxlove.gif fly-by-nursing1.gif

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 04:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
For our scout group, which is co-ed; everytime we try craft tables the girls are content and the boys just run around crazy.

After some parent complaints we decided to think up some physical activities too. So those kids who have energy to burn can have an outlet. BUT we are still figuring out what activities are safe, good for indoors and dont require a lot of equiptment. Balloon toss where everyone is in a circle and tries to keep the balloon from landing on the floor is a good one.

For crafts you could....

Use cut up egg cartons, glue/tape and pens to make totem poles or cars or other sculptures.

Use yarn and popcicle sticks to make "gods eyes".

Collages from magazine cut outs. Use seasonal themes for have them make something that represents them.

You can buy "shrinky dink" plastic or use #6 recycled plastic. Cut out larger shapes and use permanent markers to decorate. Later the adult can back the for a few seconds in the oven to shrink them. Be sure to punch a hole in the plastic before you bake if you want to hang the. Our group added all the kids creations to a Dream catcher as our groups symbol.

Rhianna

User Tag List