In need of motivation to finish stuff - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-19-2009, 09:39 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
A while ago I got loads of wool from freecycle and a new sewing machine. Crafting bliss, I thought of lots of projects to make for Christmas.

Since then we've moved house and haven;t got round to most of the things I wanted to do. I need to be held accountable for at least finishing the projects I have started so here's my list

Partially finished projects
Doorway puppet theater, have got most of the pieces cut out. Need to make matching bias binding and sew together. I;d like to make some puppets to go with it.

Aprons, 1 is done, the other is cut out ready to hem

eye spy bags, have done the window part but need to sew up the bags and photograph the objects.

Felted crown, have knitted and felted in but I;d like to needle felt some decorations onto it

Recipie book, have the recipes but need to layout, add photos and print.

Birthday banner, have the birthday part done, need to make DSs name.

Scarf, this one is coming along OK as I don;t need to get anything out to knit and I can do with while DD is at school.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
starting a crafty blog motivated me to produce some finished projects! or maybe you can schedule an hour once or twice a week when you absolutely positively are going to sit down at your sewing machine (or whatever you're going to work on that time) and not be interrupted?
Old 11-21-2009, 01:59 PM

How's it going?

Old 11-23-2009, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

So far I've not got round to any of the sewing projects. The scarf is about half way to done.

In my defence my parents came down for the weekend and we decorated the sitting room, painted the ceiling in another room and my mum steam cleaned all our radiators.

I spent most of the weekend in the kitchen keeping everyone supplied with tea and home cooking.

DS is at preschool tomorrow afternoon so I WILL get the sewing machine out and work on his presents.
Old 11-23-2009, 01:06 PM

Ugh, me too. I have to finish these legwarmers I made for myself so I can move on to the rest of the Yule gifts: quick amigurami for the babies in the family.

For me, I have to break things down to managable pieces of I will feel so overwhelmed that I won't bother with any of it, yk? Can you set like goals for every week or every other day, a flexible schedule of projects to keep you on track and supply you with regular feeling of accomplishment?

I'm a morning person.  We actually do exist.
Old 11-24-2009, 09:05 AM - Thread Starter

Well I got the machine out last night and sewed 2 of the 3 stars onto the puppet theatre, it's all progress right

Hopefully this afternoon I want to get the last one on and make some bias binding.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:45 AM - Thread Starter

All the stars are now done. I gave up on the bias binding, my brain was just not up for all that measuring. Anyway I finished the aprons instead. They will probably go in the kids stockings with a tub of sprinkles and a promise to make some cupcakes (NOT on christmas day)
Old 12-28-2009, 03:37 AM

I'm struggling with the same problem. I thought maybe if we started a challenge thread, that would keep motivation going?

Here's the thread:
http://www.mothering.com/discussions....php?t=1176897

Not all who wander are lost.

User Tag List