Do you have a felt board? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-28-2009, 11:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Do your DC play with it a lot? I pretty much have all the materials on hand, but I'm wondering how much my 4yo DS would enjoy it.

Also, what kind of shapes/cutouts did you use?

TIA
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 4 Old 11-29-2009, 03:54 PM

No,my daughter doesn't play with it BUT I think it has a lot to do with where it's located.Hopefully that will change soon and she will ave more access to it.She was very excited when she got it.

#3 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 01:17 AM

my mom made us a felt board when i was little, for my brother and i. i continued to enjoy it as i got older, because i liked cutting out new things for my little brother to play with. i loved making new felt figures, and he liked getting them. that's definitely something she could be involved with, as well.

we had numbers, animals, transportation, simple people, even clothes for the people to wear. my mom just cut them out by hand. i would definitely recommend it. so cheap and easy!

Breastfeeding, delayed/selective vax, cloth diapering, co-sleeping, homebirthing mama to son River 8/10/09 and daughter Austen 10/13/11
mdcblog5.gif  winner.jpg homebirth.jpgcd.gif

#4 of 4 Old 11-30-2009, 11:27 AM

We do have one and my boys do not play with it much. But I think it's my fault because I don't have enough shapes cut out. I have one story line that is really cute. And for homeschool, when we studied the body I made some cute body part things. I need to make more things for more free play on the board. But at the same time, I don't like always leaving the shapes out because my littlest (2 years) just loves to pull them off onto the floor and leave them and I get frustrated after awhile, so I put them all away. I made mine with a large piece of extra felt I had and then an extra frame I had lying around waiting to be used. It's big. I really like it even though it doesn't get a lot of use. I know that the more homeschooling we do, the more I'll use it, so we'll hang onto it.

Mindful Spirit Expo is on April 21 and 22nd. Raise your consciousness!

Intuitive Encounters business merger means discounts for a limited time.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page