Need Blessingway take-home craft idea - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-30-2009, 01:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Mamas,
I'm hosting a blessingway soon for a mama of one, number two on the way. I'm used to all those crafts and such that the mama gets to keep. Does anyone have any ideas for ones that the guests take with them? I need something pretty simple and easy!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-30-2009, 02:18 AM

I've helped with several Blessingway parties, they are so much fun. What we did:
~we all sat in a circle and using a high-quality string, we wrapped it around our wrists, until we were all bound together. Then each of us said a blessing for the momma, when we were done, we cut the string between each person and then tied our remaining piece to our wrist. Making a bracelet. We wore them until momma had given birth. One of the gals bracelet broke and she immediately called the momma, asking if she was in labor, so cute.

~ henna tattoes. We tattoed momma's belly with empowering messages and symbols and then we tattoed a little image onto our wrist.

~ not really a craft, but each person that went to the party were given long-burning candles and phone tree was created. When momma went into labor, she called her designated person and then that person called the next gal on the list. We all lit our candles when we got the call, helping to keep us all connected with mamma.

Hope that helps, have fun with it!

Bekah (33): Doula and CNA sharing a great life with DH for 10 yrs now, momma to DS Baron (7/10)
Old 11-30-2009, 02:38 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks iras1! Yeah, these are the things we usually do too! I'm thinking perhaps we can do some kind of candle craft, since that's the thing we all take home anyway. There's always beeswax rolling, pretty easy! Hmmm...
Old 11-30-2009, 12:51 PM

I saw on another forum how some folks had tie dyed onesies! That might not be a quick and easy craft project, but the result looked awesome!

Darla dishes.gif Jimguitar.gif Wrenflower.gif Papahat.gif Grandma dog2.gifNana Anne jumpers.gif & the Great Cosmic Mimi om.gif
3 houses - 2 blocks in the old neighborhood = 1 eclectic/traditional tribe!

User Tag List