Inspire Me Please! (Ideas for personalizing a messenger bag for my brother) - Mothering Forums
Arts & Crafts > Inspire Me Please! (Ideas for personalizing a messenger bag for my brother)
KristyDi's Avatar KristyDi 03:06 PM 12-04-2009
So I've decided I'm making my brother a messenger bag for Christmas. (found this great tute if anyone needs one)

I want to do something on the front flap to make it a bit more special than a plain bag, but I'm stuck as to what.

My brother is in 1st year of getting his PhD in PhysEd and TAs several classes so it needs to be somewhat professional. He's not a skull or camo kind of guy. He's really into sports, the ones you play yourself more than the ones you watch. He's a volleyball coach, plays on an ultimate frisbee team.

Any ideas anyone?

ms.shell's Avatar ms.shell 09:57 PM 12-06-2009
Well, you could size the bag to fit discs, although he probably already has a disc bag.
I made a messenger bag for my nephew a couple of years ago and I appliqued a football with his favorite team logo. I have also done a funky turtle applique on a messenger bag.
good luck!
KristyDi's Avatar KristyDi 07:25 PM 12-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ms.shell View Post
Well, you could size the bag to fit discs, although he probably already has a disc bag.
I made a messenger bag for my nephew a couple of years ago and I appliqued a football with his favorite team logo. I have also done a funky turtle applique on a messenger bag.
good luck!
Thanks! I wish I could do a team logo. I like the turtle idea though hmmm.
dawningmama's Avatar dawningmama 12:46 PM 12-09-2009
How about something simple and graphic like a few wide diagonal stripes in his favorite colors or the colors of one of his teams? You could then choose one of those colors to line the inside as well.
Up